corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Is it possible...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is it possible...
PaulW

User status: Offline
21st Dec 03 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to cut a hole in a rear-window, if done properly, then fit & seal an alloy filler cap in the glass so to feed an ally tank which is where the rear seats were??

kinda like this piccy?? (soz bout quality, was litteraly a 2 min chop)

PaulW

21st Dec 03 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or more to the front of the rear window, abar an inch from the bottom of the window and an inch from the b-pillar??
corsa_godfather

21st Dec 03 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes you can cut a hole glass.iv done it in work.not done it to a car window before right enough.i guess car glass is toughened glass therefore soon as it gets cut itl break in 2 cubes
PaulW

21st Dec 03 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i was worried about, was wondering though if there is any special way to do it, maybe score it slowly so its like scratching it?? but with bugger all pressure behind it (will take a while though)
Icy

21st Dec 03 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rich s has done it with perspex
corsa_godfather

21st Dec 03 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesnt matter bout pressure etc.al draw a diagram if u wanna try it
PaulW

21st Dec 03 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye will be a laugh to try! i been thinkin of if it fits in, seal it all up with sylica gell like whats used to seal fish tanks or somethin
Colin.S

21st Dec 03 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it legal to have the filler inside the door on the B pillar just above the door catch?
corsa_godfather

21st Dec 03 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

score it randomly like this both sides with a glass cutter.hold a hammer against the glass on 1 side and hit it with another hammer on the other side against the other hammer if u know what a mean
PaulW

21st Dec 03 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup i know what you mean, did somehting similiar to a greenhouse window, but ended up smashing the whole thing

was just cos of the glass on cars being tampered (sp/meaning??) i thought it would be a different process
cobra148

21st Dec 03 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car glass is laminated so its gonna be very difficult, if not impossible to cut a hole in using a conventional glass cutter.
It would be easier to remove the screen and fit something like 4mm polycarbonate. This will cut easily without breaking, it will also give you a bullet proof rear window
I don't know how it would be legally though, to have the filler in the rear window and the tank inside a road car.
corsa_godfather

21st Dec 03 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well if its laminate then it is impossible to do mate
Adam-D

21st Dec 03 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use perspex and no its not illegal to have the filer nside coz rally cars have the whole tank and filler in the boot
cobra148

21st Dec 03 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perspex isn't UV stable, ie. it becomes brittle after exposure to sunlight, if it breaks its gonna be in long sharp pieces. Polycarbonate is ideal though.
I know about the tanks in rally cars, I said about the legality in a road car, obviously it would need a special fuel cell, not just the regular tank moved into the hatch. A rear end collision could have nasty results.
PaulW

21st Dec 03 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the car would also have a full roll cage, so would ofer some protection, as for the tank it would be some sort of ally tank which is made up, probs double skinned or something.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Is it possible... 23 database queries in 0.0150318 seconds