corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » It's official - the CORSA B 1.2 16v is 75 bhp ...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author It's official - the CORSA B 1.2 16v is 75 bhp ...
Paul_J

User status: Offline
14th Dec 03 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not torque though
essexracer

14th Dec 03 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so paul u gonna go to the session on the 24th?

james
Paul_J

14th Dec 03 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

may do, unless I go before - need to fit this new thing first.

I feel this has been lacking even before I took my car down santa pod. It's not felt that strong high up the power range for ages...

which although It's still 71 bhp, I want the torque to continue for longer - as atm, holding out in gears is a waste of time.

quick question to most people with aftermarket exhaust... when you floor it - is your exhaust loud all the way to like 6000 rpm... as mine goes totally quiet after about 4500rpm atm - is this to do with this whole problem?

Paul J
essexracer

14th Dec 03 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines loud from about 2500-6800rpm

paul i recon u should sort ur prob out and then come on the 24th to see wat its pushing out.

uv got over a month to sort ur prob out, so u should be able to do it!

oh yea...did anyone av a prob getin their car on the rollers...also do u av to av access to the front towin eye (to strap the car down) coz u cant get to mine (i av an mcr inta front bumber)

james
Paul_J

14th Dec 03 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you don't need acess to the front towing eye...

and yes one of the guys (scott m) had problems with his green corsa as it was too low.

Thing I can't figure out - is, if my torque stayed flat like tim's is - even though his is flat at 150ish lb/ft of torque and mine's only 85ish lb/ft of torque - then when I'm working out approximate bhp figures for when I fix it they seem too high. The bloke who dyno'd my car said my torque was good for a 1.2.

Mine:

Tim's

Atm, my peak bhp was made with 70 ish lb/ft of torque at 5200 rpm... to produce 71bhp.

But if this problem made my line not drop off as much and so it's say more like 78lb/ft of torque at say 5600 rpm then my power would be 83 bhp?

Hmm, actually it's probably not wrong - it's probably more likely to only to be something like 75lb/ft of torque at 5500 rpm - which would give 78bhp...

Oh well, have to see...

Paul J
essexracer

14th Dec 03 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea paul, av to wait and see

so did scott m managed to do a run? is his car lower than mine?

james
Kris TD

14th Dec 03 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by essexracer
yea paul, av to wait and see

so did scott m managed to do a run? is his car lower than mine?

james

nah it was too low, they couldnt run it. shame really.
Paul_J

14th Dec 03 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no he didn't - not sure if its lower...

Paul_J

14th Dec 03 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be fair it may have been set up for volvo's, so they may be able to adjust something for body kitted cars? dunno really.
essexracer

14th Dec 03 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kris how u know if his is lower than mine? paul uv seen my car, recon il make it?

how low is scotts? i mean my body kit is low (i scrape it all the time), im on 15s (45 profile tyres) lowered 40mm

james
essexracer

14th Dec 03 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what size alloys r his? they look like 15s like me...infact id say im as low as he is
Paul_J

14th Dec 03 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm that top pic doesn't really make his car look low at all, I think his was lowered by 60mm?

they do have a little notch for the front bumper which is lower, but its the skirts I think they were having problems with.?
Kris TD

14th Dec 03 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by essexracer
kris how u know if his is lower than mine? paul uv seen my car, recon il make it?

how low is scotts? i mean my body kit is low (i scrape it all the time), im on 15s (45 profile tyres) lowered 40mm

james

i dont, i was commenting about scotts, he has 16's btw.
rolling road couldnt be adjusted, the lower the car down onto it, it wasnt the ramp causing the problems, it was just the fact that the car was too low at the front and sides.
essexracer

14th Dec 03 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i av mcr inta skirts, which like those combat ones r deep.

so was it the skirts that were the problem? and not the front bumper? did it not do a run cos the skirts were touchin?

james
vibrio
Banned

14th Dec 03 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
except mine isn't

Just took my T reg 1.2 16v Sxi on the rollers at power engineering, this is year 1999 so in theory isn't one of the later sxi's (2000,2001)...

People have been saying they're maybe 65 or maybe 75 for ages... but had mine rr'd today and the bloke rolling roading it confirmed mine was a 75 bhp version - except today I was only putting out 71 bhp

the reason is, he said my air flow meter was not working correctly. So as I got past about 4000 RPM, it stopped pumping more fuel in and therefore is currently lacking power.

I've felt this for ages, but my dad just said I had simply got 'used to it' - also explains why I went so slow down santa pod and why, when I change from 3rd to 4th (so it drops to say 4.2k RPM) it feels like there's nothing there...

as you'll see from my power graph, it goes lovely up to 3700-3800rpm, then dips a bit, then starts leveling off before finally completely dropping off after 5000 rpm.

this is a 16v car, it should pull quite nicely to more than that.

So yes, they are 75 - but no mine isn't, yet... gotta get that sorted. I felt it used to be pretty nippy, and wasn't really any more. He also said its quite a common thing to go and it doesn't show up on the 'orange management light'

Was a good day at P.E today - tim + fad got some good results. and Kris-td's was bloody good 99 bhp and 132 lb/ft of toque!

mine was 71 BHP and 87 LB/ft of torque... tempted to fix this and the go back and make sure its all running ok.

Paul J

should be able to tell lookign at the current at the AFM. easy way to check. swap it with someone elses
essexracer

14th Dec 03 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh well looks like im gonna av problems (i had problems on the rally tec rr, couldnt do a run as i was too low and i ended up gettin a very small crack in the bottom of my front bumber were it bottomed out)

Kris TD

14th Dec 03 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it was the skirts that were the problem, he was gonna take the bumper off.
mwg

16th Aug 06 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.2 16v POWER

(yes I know this is an old thread BTW )
3CorsaMeal

16th Aug 06 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

almost CTR terrority
puregarage87uk

16th Aug 06 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yes, I believe the GLS's have different gear boxes to the Sxi's - plus it may be the sxi only? but the engine looks identical.

Sxi has a very close ratio gear box, so - accelerates quite fast compared to the GLS (my mate has one) - I used to beat him till my air flow meter went. I did wonder how he was pulling away from me?

Paul J

get your air flow meter sorted mate you will notice lots of diference i changed mine when i had an engine problem and made it a fir bit quicker make sure u go new tho.

are gls's 1.4 8v the same as the ls if so this could explain why i beet most off the line and is generaly faster down our local drag strip if you like. if any one knows it its called laker road in rochester kent. im usre plenty of you do.
fragpot

16th Aug 06 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 1.2 SXi
Adam_B

16th Aug 06 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by puregarage87uk
quote:
yes, I believe the GLS's have different gear boxes to the Sxi's - plus it may be the sxi only? but the engine looks identical.

Sxi has a very close ratio gear box, so - accelerates quite fast compared to the GLS (my mate has one) - I used to beat him till my air flow meter went. I did wonder how he was pulling away from me?

Paul J

get your air flow meter sorted mate you will notice lots of diference i changed mine when i had an engine problem and made it a fir bit quicker make sure u go new tho.

yeah paul get it changed ASAP
marklaruk

16th Aug 06 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had to change my air flow meter as it was reallly lacking power!

every now and again managemenet light came on...

guys from here put me right to what it was

sxi...

[Edited on 16-08-2006 by marklaruk]
Reedy

16th Aug 06 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
quote:
Originally posted by puregarage87uk
quote:

Paul J

yeah paul get it changed ASAP

dont think hes realised his corsa has turned into a pug
andy1868

16th Aug 06 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
is the EGR valve same as Idle control valve? - mine was f*cked too... but got a new one fitted now

same here, went just 3 weeks after buying the car at least it shouldn't need replacing for a while *touches wood*

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » It's official - the CORSA B 1.2 16v is 75 bhp ... 22 database queries in 0.1037700 seconds