corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I called over 500 people today!!!!!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I called over 500 people today!!!!!!!!
-Aliba-

User status: Offline
11th Dec 03 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and sold only 4 accidental death policies.

and still beat target!

the joys of working in a call centre!
Nath

11th Dec 03 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they dont aim very high do they.
Dan B

11th Dec 03 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was it cold-calling (working through a list of names/numbers grabbed from a phone-book), or only calling people who expressed an interest in a policy in some way?

If the former, probably a good job you didn't call me, I'd have got you to read absolutely every single detail of every single policy, keeping you on the phone for as long as possible before saying I wasn't interested! Nothing personal, just hate Telesales, we used to get plagued by them before chucking both house-numbers on the TPS list!

My dad used to do the same (we don't get telesales calls any more), his record was an hour and 45 minutes, the women on the other end of the phone went ballistic when my dad pointed out he had no intention of buying the double-glazing as we already had it, and that he was merely preventing her from calling someone slightly more gullible who'd give in to the usual intimidating tactics...

[Edited on 11/12/2003 by Dan B]
Sooty
Banned

11th Dec 03 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

outbound sales fk that
Gaz

11th Dec 03 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u one of them peeps that ring when ya haveing ya tea and wont let u come off the fone?
Sooty
Banned

11th Dec 03 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GE capitcal

DIE !!
Dan B

11th Dec 03 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also had some Polish competition company ring up, and the conversation went something like this:

Me: Hello
Him: Can I speak to Mr Spencer?
Me: Wrong number, I'm afraid, no-one of that name here.
Him: Who are you?
Me: No, who are you?
Him: <getting angry> Who are you?
Me: Listen, you called me, so I'm asking who you are first.
Him: I'm <insert some name here I didn't understand> from <insert some company name here I also didn't understand>, can I speak to Mr. Spencer? It's about a holiday he's won.
Me: There is no Mr. Spencer here, you have the wrong number.
Him: <long pause> *click*

Was puzzled at that one...
-Aliba-

11th Dec 03 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, the vast majority of the calls were either "call backs in the future" or "answering machines".

Today, my campaign was phoning original account holders ON BEHALF of Barclays Bank. They provide the lists, computer dials it automatically.

Oh, and Dan, gimme your number. I would honestly happily spend as much time on a call as i could because it would in turn get my "talk time" up and my "waiting time" down. So basically, that means BIGGER bonus

Worked from 12:30 to 9 today. 4 sales, but only got 5 people who said that they werent interested bonus.

Got some aussie cunt today giving me right abuse told me my job was illegal and that he was going to sue my compnay bla bla bla. Then asked if i understood english, if not he would speak in dutch or zulu to me! Kept asking me if i could hear him clearly.......... was just wanting a straight yes or no answer............. but no chance was he getting it! I won the war!

Get a pay rise every 4 months, and can earn bonusses each month that is more than my months wage!!! which i'm on just now
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Dec 03 at 00:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by -Aliba-
only got 5 people who said that they werent interested

They're all too polite, they really actually don't want your stuff
Scott

12th Dec 03 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a few dodgie calls today from people saying they wanted money for advertising we took out in cancer magazines , advent calenders and some other mince
Neshol

12th Dec 03 at 02:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scott I think u phoned me the other day askin if i was fast forward! Or whoever i dealt with from illusion
Cybermonkey

12th Dec 03 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well as of today, spam mail/phone calls/e-mails is illegal in british law. Should see a cutdown of people sending crap to your inbox, calling you up when you're busy and sending crap through the door.

Dave
M2RTY

12th Dec 03 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry but that is one hell of a boring job, couldnt do it for any sum of money
Scott

12th Dec 03 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neshol
Scott I think u phoned me the other day askin if i was fast forward! Or whoever i dealt with from illusion

wouldnt have been me mate , never fone fast forward
PainZ

12th Dec 03 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a company ringing me up trying to sell me a product so people wouldnt ring me up and sell things

i just laughed said "how ironic" and put the phone down
Andy

12th Dec 03 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan B

My dad used to do the same (we don't get telesales calls any more), his record was an hour and 45 minutes, the women on the other end of the phone went ballistic when my dad pointed out he had no intention of buying the double-glazing as we already had it, and that he was merely preventing her from calling someone slightly more gullible who'd give in to the usual intimidating tactics...

[Edited on 11/12/2003 by Dan B]

Fcuking class. I'll remember that the next time I get rudely interrupted
wayne hiscock

12th Dec 03 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i put em on moniter sit down while they talk all the shit, then when they say "does that interest u?" i hang up

also we bought a brand new house. our first call was someone sellin double glazeing.

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by wayne hiscock]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I called over 500 people today!!!!!!!! 22 database queries in 0.0141461 seconds