corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bye Bye Corsa

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bye Bye Corsa
BigSte

User status: Offline
10th Dec 03 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was on my way to work yesterday afternoon at about 1pm and was involved in a crash. Basically I was on a main road which was fairly busy so I was doing about 25mph, some idiot tried pulling out of one side road across the main road and down another side road. He pulled out bang in front of me and I didn't even have time to hit my breaks and went straight into the side of him.
He told me he only looked left before pulling out and didn't look right, (which was the direction I was coming from) until he had set off.
He admits it was his fault and I also have a witness who also says its his fault.

Police arrived about 5 minutes later and couldnt give a shit about me they just wanted my car out of the road. As soon as we had pushed it to the side they pissed off and just left me stuck so I had to phone my mates dad (who owns a garage) and he towed it back to his place.

Not all my mods are declared on insurance apart from spoiler, alarm and alloys so I have been down today and stripped everything off it and put all standard back on. My morrettes are cracked all over though so had to leave them and try and get £300 extra on insurance as thats what they are worth.
Insurance collected it at 2pm today to assess it but it will be a write off I reckon. All the chassis of the car is bent and gear box has gone. My mates dad says it will cost at least a grand to put chassis and engine bay back together then there is bodywork.

My neck is also killing from the crash, been to hospital who reccomended tablets for pain but has done nothing. Might go back tomorrow.

Pics of my dead little corsa below

And maybe the last time I'll see her.....
groom

10th Dec 03 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not a nice sight

[Edited on 10-12-2003 by groom]
R Lee

10th Dec 03 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CraigyG

10th Dec 03 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gutted
Steve
Premium Member

10th Dec 03 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you were doing at least 40 i smashed into sum doing 25 and the damage was a fair bit less than that
Marc

10th Dec 03 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont tell me, your getting a 106 GTi now
johns purple beast

10th Dec 03 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a shame nice colour bt them focus lights in bottom pic
BigSte

10th Dec 03 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it did that much damage at 25mph cos I hit his car side on so impact was a lot greater than running into back of someone.
John.....shut up about them lights on the Focus.....thats my dads motor.

Really gutted, just hope insurance dont offer me a shit price
jrsteeve

10th Dec 03 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gutted mate, i probably would have taken the morrettes out just incase the insurance company contests the claim, putting some blame on the lights.
johns purple beast

10th Dec 03 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry m8
BigSte

Lights need a lot of work......they either pay me £300 which is what they are worth new or I have them back.
Same goes for spoiler, alarm and central locking.

I don't see why I should miss out and be out of pocket for something that wasnt my fault
Captain_Rosco

Gutted mate !

I know how that feels when u loose a car that you have worked on

But this means you get to choose another car now, thats how i went from a shitty Daewoo to a Corsa
jrsteeve

10th Dec 03 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they weren't on ur insurance u can be sure they won't pay out for the lights mate. They aint stupid, and will do anything to get out of paying.
BigSte

10th Dec 03 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not spent silly money on it but have spent a fair bit.......thankfully I have took nearly everything off. Only thing I didnt buy new was Morettes and exhaust so I wont get my money back what I forked out.

I spent hours and quite a bit of money spraying the interior alone
jaffa

10th Dec 03 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my sisters alloys were on the insurance and we didn't recieve a pay out wen some one hit her and fucked one of them
BigSte

10th Dec 03 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jrsteeve
if they weren't on ur insurance u can be sure they won't pay out for the lights mate. They aint stupid, and will do anything to get out of paying.

my insurance company are sorting my claim though then billing the other drivers insurance so what does it matter what they give me. They gave my mates dad £60 just for leaving it in his garage overnight
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Dec 03 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your own insurance company don't need to know about mods - you're making a third party claim on the other guys policy right?
CRB 553

10th Dec 03 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve106GTi
you were doing at least 40 i smashed into sum doing 25 and the damage was a fair bit less than that

40 i dont think so.....
Colin

10th Dec 03 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit

I quite liked that one too

Oh well time to look for a new car
Kris TD

10th Dec 03 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Your own insurance company don't need to know about mods - you're making a third party claim on the other guys policy right?

true when i got driven into i hadnt told insurance bout bodykit, but as it was the other guys fault it didnt matter cos they had to pay out to put my car back how it was.
Nath

10th Dec 03 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

40? he wouldve been alot more injured!! Why would he lie anyway? Its not asif it affects blame.
Kerry

10th Dec 03 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

true yeh but when my ex got run into his insurance got pissy about mods he hadnt declared and although he got the car repaired after a bit of negotiation his ins company then cancelled his policy for non declaration.

even though the third party pay out there is stil some sort of communication between the 2 ins companys

for the record that was tesco
Nath

10th Dec 03 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Write offs are a blessing in disguise. My G reg 1.2 5dr nova merit got stolen and was never recovered and with the money i recieved from the insurance company i bought a g reg 1.3 nova sr

They paid out almost double what it was actually worth, and thats not coz i lied about the value. The car deteriated fast and lost value but they had it down as being worth about £900.

[Edited on 10-12-2003 by Nath]
Colin

10th Dec 03 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Wrote offs are a blessing in disguise. My G reg 1.2 5dr nova merit got stolen and was never recovered and with the money i recieved from the insurance company i bought a g reg 1.3 nova sr

They paid out almost double what it was actually worth, and thats not coz i lied about the value. The car deteriated fast and lost value but the had it down as being worth about £900.

Dosnt always happen like this tho, most the time you will get less than its worth
Nath

10th Dec 03 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but still he gets to pick a new car without all the hasle of trying to sell his. Thats what my point was supposed to be.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bye Bye Corsa 22 database queries in 0.0169291 seconds