corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » tuning my 1.2 8v on a university budget

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author tuning my 1.2 8v on a university budget
rogie1

User status: Offline
   8th Dec 03 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has anyone got any good ways of tuning my corsa 1.2 p reg for a uni budget im really looking for acceleration rather than more top speed although it would be nicce its lowered 15x7.5 monzas no engine mods yetcheers rogie
whitter45

8th Dec 03 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no chance on tuning. i have the same engine. I just have an induction kit and full system for sound. Don't bother trying to tune it cos u cant. save up for another car
whitter45

8th Dec 03 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also i have lowered -60mm for looks
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Dec 03 at 23:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Save the cash for some subtle bodywork stuff, that engine is going to take lots of investment to make it any more powerful.
Anton2K3

9th Dec 03 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2l 16v transplant
TOMAS

9th Dec 03 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed. You'll get more fun out a can of Stella than trying to 'tune' (cough) a 1.2 8v . Its pointless trying to tune these engines unless you have a big wallet or need to keep the same engine capacity for whatever reason.
MattyB

9th Dec 03 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U wont get a 1.2 8v to do a sub 15s 0-60. No way. But what u can do, to help things....

Drill the air box (free)
Run cold air feeds to the box (bout £5 for some tubing)
Fit a K+N panel filter (£30)
Strip out the back totally - free
Fit wider 14"s (SRi or GSi alloys) to keep acceleration but bit better handling, and cheap!! Prob out £50 off this site.
Dont fit massive sub boxes/installs (free)
40mm drop on Springs (£40)

And last but not least, keep the engine healthy by servicing it regularly. Believe me when i say, expensive flashy spark plugs do NOTHING. Just use good quality vaux parts, good oil and dont cain the engines in the cold. Altho the 8v is pretty bullet proof reliability wise, it does need attention.

Matt
Demo

9th Dec 03 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

save your cash for beer. there is absolutely no point in spending money on trying to "tune" a 1.2 8v engine

New Poll