corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What colour Calipers on Arden Blue car?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What colour Calipers on Arden Blue car?
TOMAS

User status: Offline
6th Dec 03 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi ive got some new front calipers and rotars on order, question is what colour do I go for. My 2.0l calipers & drums were painted yellow on my blue car and I thought they looked the nuts.
I was going to go for gold on the new ones as you canot get yellow anodised colour but after painting the rear drums in gold hammerite in prep for the gold fronts im having a change of mind...
Choices are Gold, Red or Blue, any one with any pics of Arden blue with red calipers? Thing is i'd like them to stand out (show off the £650's worth of brake) but still want them to blend nicely. BTW they are HiSpec Billet4's with 300mm rotars if anyone was asking, cheers.
AndyCorsa

6th Dec 03 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh I can't see gold looking good with blue so i can see why your changing your mind. I think you should go for blue to match your car

[Edited on 06-12-2003 by AndyCorsa]
TOMAS

6th Dec 03 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Darn, looking at HiSpec site the colour choice for calipers is either silver, black or gold : ( Its the bells that you can choose any anodised colour : (. I'll try and ring them monday morning and see if they will do another colour for some extra ££
J100RSA

6th Dec 03 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got silver v6 on mine and look subtle
TOMAS

7th Dec 03 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah want them to blend well but silver seems bit boring (no offense) I want people to realise im running 300mm 4pots without them having to see me outbrake bigger better motors... heres my brakes with my old,old,old wheels (3 sets ago LOL)

[Edited on 07-12-2003 by TOMAS]
carnoisseurcraig

7th Dec 03 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has to be blue mate. Only part of the car the matches the yellow is the number plate.
TOMAS

7th Dec 03 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the gold has now dried and the wheels are back on. I wish I had a camera to show you people how turd my car looks with gold drums. Yellow goes well with blue. Well im now thinking of cancelling the order with Hispec as they are taking forever and going with Wilwoods as they sound a hella good caliper, probably better than HiSpec's and the same if not cheaper price at Rally Design.

Wilwoods only come in black so thats problem solved, no option so no choice to be made, so then what colour do I do the drums? Maybe paint them with Arden Blue bodywork paint as they dont get that hot or if I can get them done cheap enough chrome plate them which ive never seen done before...

Got to get the darn Hammerite off now though, so its either a BIG bottle Hammerite thinners £20 or take them to be acid dipped which would prob cost the same, some new drums £50 a set OR go for the rear disc conversion prob about £200 but would look and work a lot better than piddly drums with big 4pots upfront Decisions, decisions!

[Edited on 07-12-2003 by TOMAS]
The Guru

7th Dec 03 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blue..

Gavin
Premium Member

7th Dec 03 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

black!!!!

pew pew pew pewwwww
TOMAS

7th Dec 03 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok are we talking claipers black or drums or both? The Gold anodised colour that the calipers are available in is a MUCH nicer brighter colour than naff hammerite that I have. Caliper choice is now GOLD or BLACK which which colour drums??

This post is getting confusing! Can someone please post up pics of ANY cars fitted with BIG 4/6pot calipers in gold and various other colours just so I can see what they look like in daylight, thanks.
Blacksxiboy2003

7th Dec 03 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how hard are they to paint?
TOMAS

8th Dec 03 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not very.
Demo

8th Dec 03 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only colour that looks any good on rear drums is black. all coloured drums look shitty and tacky
Red_SXi

8th Dec 03 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say yellow
whitter45

8th Dec 03 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would say yellow too. looks good
Gambit

8th Dec 03 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

black
Makarus

8th Dec 03 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Silver, my drums and calipers are silver, looks smart I think, but saying that my car is silver.
Gavin
Premium Member

8th Dec 03 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as i sed before....nice shiny black is the only colour!!!
front and rear

pew pew pew pewwwww
TOMAS

9th Dec 03 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah ive got ma heart set on anodised gold for the fronts...

They are also available in black (as above) and im told by HiSpec they will be avaiable in high mirror polish after Chrimbo at £40 extra

I think I will wait until they arrive and then take them to see if I can get a paint matched up as close as possible to them to paint the drums (yes I know they are anodised and paint will never match perfectly) and if none is available/good match then its either Arden Blue for them (same as body colour) or get them chrome dipped (£££)...

[Edited on 09-12-2003 by TOMAS]

New Poll