corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » MFD

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MFD
MOB

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 03 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had my new headunit put in. but the MFD display don't work anymore. it doesn't light up when the lights are off and when i switch the lights on the thing resets to 000 01.01.92!

Anyone kno how to fix this problem? cheers guys!
Dom

3rd Dec 03 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats odd
first things first, unplug the remote lead(antenna wire, is a blue colour on the HUs iso block) and see if that works. If this does work and you want amps then you will need to cut the grey & red wire in the vauxhall iso block OR take your own remote lead from then HU (missing out the vaux block).

hope this helps mate
NeilRocks

3rd Dec 03 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have problem too. My MFD won't switch off. It's always bloody on. Any way to resolve it? Does my headunit have anything to do with it?
Dom

3rd Dec 03 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol mate....
im not really that good with the electrical side of cars, but if its always on sounds like it might be getting a constant feed on the remote lead connection (Gray & red strip wire). Although when you say "its always on" i take it, its constantly lit up?
NeilRocks

3rd Dec 03 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep. Even when the car is locked up at night. Looks odd. I have cut the red / grey wire so that the date is always shown when my headunit is on. Free hug to anyone with a solution.
Dom

3rd Dec 03 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

must be a dodgy connection then
sorry boss havnt really got a clue, double check that the grey&red wire isnt making contact with anything/has tape around it etc However, you might have to rip the MFD out and check connections

edit: pull the HU's iso block out and any autoleads iso etc and see if that makes any difference. Might mean having to take your HU out though but you might have a dodgy connection with one of the iso's. I take it this has done it since fitting the aftermarket HU?

[Edited on 03-12-2003 by VisibleMan]
digitalbanana

4th Dec 03 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is constantly lit up too, but at a fraction of the brightness...only happened after changing MFD LED's, but i have checked it all over and the wiring appears fine to me.
Pickup

6th Dec 03 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bad wiring is the problem. If you did the head unit yourself, I wouldnt be surprused with the problem. But, if somewhere legit. did it for ya, take it back to them and they should fix all free of charge. Happened when I installed my mum's HU

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » MFD 23 database queries in 0.0158861 seconds