corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Finally Saw High - Octane 2... (F.U.K)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Finally Saw High - Octane 2... (F.U.K)
Paul_J

User status: Offline
2nd Dec 03 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally saw High Octane 2 today, the DVD that comes free with Fast Car UK mag. Don't usually buy it, but read the other day about people who had got the dvd's and thought they were good.

Went and got it today, watched it - and at first was a bit worried. but it turned out to be a good watch.

Nothing like that TNT revs shite dvd I got the other day.

High Octane 2 is set in New Zealand and admitidaly is about a year old, but still a good watch (2 hrs of footage) - the guy's jokes at first was a bit annoying, but I was seriously laughing towards the end.

i.e. the bit where he has to stand on a box, him driving over his own bodykit and the short movie where he wakes up to have a flash back of crashing his car was pretty funny.

The cars although not 'new' - were good to watch, plenty of skylines, evo's and scoobys.

It was good having constant naration over it all and how mad was that porsche when it spun out at 180 kph?

anyone else watch it?

might download 0ctane 4 tonight...

Paul J
FlamingCorsa

2nd Dec 03 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea good for a freeby i thought!

could not belive it when that porsche spun, he was asking for trouble going out with no wing and SLICKS!

suprised the bikers didnt come off the one bike was spinning even at top speed in the wet!!!!!!!

good watch tho:-)
Paul_J

2nd Dec 03 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good to not have some prick on revs constantly swearing every minute coz that'd impress the 15 year old readers...

also good to get a look on the culture in NZ.
Daimo B

3rd Dec 03 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Porkie spun at 280km Only about 170mph

Bit weird, but on the whole much better than the first one. PLus that MR2 paintjob was fantastic.

Poor Evo5 owner Gave his brand new car to the other evo owner and blew the gearbox.

Think the vid was a mid 1990's
stubbsy

3rd Dec 03 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bough it yesterday and watched the dvd straight away, wasnt too sure about it at first as the first one wasnt brilliant but i loved this one, i cringed when he blew the gearbox up in that evo, how gutted would you be.
that porsche was amazing, just listening to that turbo spinning inside the car was enough
M2RTY

3rd Dec 03 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can highly recomend the redline dvd too
SteveW

3rd Dec 03 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ya mamma

tis a good vid. just cant wait for number 3. (im not gonna order it either )
carnoisseurcraig

3rd Dec 03 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought highoctane 4 ages ago. its funny as fuck.

check out www.highoctane.co.nz
GIBBS

3rd Dec 03 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
Porkie spun at 280km Only about 170mph

Bit weird, but on the whole much better than the first one. PLus that MR2 paintjob was fantastic.

Poor Evo5 owner Gave his brand new car to the other evo owner and blew the gearbox.

Think the vid was a mid 1990's

175mph actually, and how is that only? that's a fucking stupid speed to spin out at. lucky he held it on the tarmac for most of it. coulda rolled if went into grass at that speed.

And it was a EV0 6 not 5.

thought film was good! i liked it beginning and some of jokes where crap but some moments where really funny, like blair witch when he had like a hose shoot water out his nose! haha.

Matt
Daimo B

3rd Dec 03 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matt, i was being sarcastic He didn't hold it at all, that car started spinning and he had no control.

Evo 5, evo 6, who cares there very similar
GIBBS

3rd Dec 03 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
Matt, i was being sarcastic He didn't hold it at all, that car started spinning and he had no control.

Evo 5, evo 6, who cares there very similar

you sound so stupid all the time i could never figure if it was sarcasm or not!
And who cares? i was doing my impression of your anal self if i or someone similar had said evo 5 you would have been straight in with urm excuse me, iknow millions and billions and it's a evo 6.
Also how do you know he did not control it? i've seen plenty of vids where whether the car spins straight off the track or will go in a straight line and it was definately down to driver skills.
Or is he one of your special buddies and has told you that it just stayed in a straight line?

Paul_J

3rd Dec 03 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at you two...

Don't think it was mid 1990's though... I believe it was 1999? (I think? or was that the original?)

either way, it was nicely done, I'm gonna keep my eyes open to download high octane 3 or 4...

Haven't seen the redline dvd - just guessed it'd be much like the usual Rev's style bullshit of swearing, and crap at cruises - and couldn't be bothered.

Paul J
Daimo B

3rd Dec 03 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul, dunno what he's going on about flipping like that Inferiority complex maybe?

Matt, about the Evo, no i wouldn't as i dont know anything about them?

How do i know he didnt control it? Well, the way the car flips, he tried to collect it and lost it completly. What basis have i got for my assumption? Not much, only brought up around car/bike/truck/powerboat/jetski racing, didn't used to have about 8 havoc videos, car wars 1-9, And they walked away 1-3, not many videos to see how cars react when the front end/back end goes especially in the wet.

Ho hum, anything else you wanna try to put medown with?
Paul_J

3rd Dec 03 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trailor for High Octane 4 -> http://www.highoctane.co.nz/Mpeg/High-Octane-4-preview.mpg

thing I liked about it, was the fact it wasn't just raw footage - you had a lot of naration and structure on the DVD, i.e. different sections like battle day etc...

sadly although 3 features battle day - it doesnt' look like its on 4?
Paul_J

3rd Dec 03 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rofl watching the trailor for 4 they do a spoof of the fast and the furious lol
Daimo B

3rd Dec 03 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YA MUMMA

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Finally Saw High - Octane 2... (F.U.K) 22 database queries in 0.0155151 seconds