corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » is it at all possible..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author is it at all possible..
Adam-D

User status: Offline
   22nd Nov 03 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to put a set of after market foglamps on a pre facelift corsa front bumper

without it looking shit?

coz i could have done with some tonight Dammm it was foggy my headlights didnt seem to cope even on mainbeam i was only seeing cars about 15 foot away wich scared me a little at 30mph

Adam-D

22nd Nov 03 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

obiously not then by the masses of reply's?
Tim
Site Administrator

23rd Nov 03 at 00:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Without looking shit is down to opinion
kerzo

23rd Nov 03 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i found that the brighter the light in fog , the less i could see...ie full beam!!

what i done one night about 3 or so in the morn was just put my sidelights on when driving through a patch of road where there was street lighting and for some reason i could see a lot better.

maybe its to do with the level of the full beam and a lot of light reflecting of the water particles??? or maybe not come to think of it but i have already typed it and couldnt be arsed holding down the delete key
Adam-D

23rd Nov 03 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

screw it then
it dont get foggy that often
so ill just learn to live without
broster
Premium Member

23rd Nov 03 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the fog lights light up the road directly infront of you hence they work better than head lights which just reflect back at you from all the water particles. it a tuff decision trying to find ones that look ok in the standard bumper, i aint seen any yet, best bet is to stick a gsi bumper on!
starkmotorsport

23rd Nov 03 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get three different types of lights:

Drive
Pencil
Flood

Your usual fog lights tend to be drive/flood lights meaning they light up whatevers directly infront of them - ideal for everything but thick fog. Pencil lights penetrate through fog and light up far infront of the car - which is what you needed for thick fog last night.

You'll notice on rally car pods setups that they have two flood and two pencil lights for both reasons. Also many have bumper mounted flood lights if its really bad.

Adam-D

23rd Nov 03 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right i need some pencil ones

and i though that its possible to mount them behind my bumper on the crossmember and they would shine through the mesh
Simon

23rd Nov 03 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

high beams bounce back off the fog which is why u cant see well with high beam on
Adam-D

23rd Nov 03 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where do i find these pencil fog lights?
dt's is full of "cruise led lights n shit"
MattyB

23rd Nov 03 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worst thing u can do is use Full beam in fog, coz as rightly said above, fog reflects light straight back at ya, meaning reduced vis.

This is why fog lights are usually lower down on the bumper, and angled down at the road

Matt
Adam-D

23rd Nov 03 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah i see
dave17

23rd Nov 03 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was thinkin of gettin some GSI foga and mounting them into my pre97 bumper, might do a photoshop later
MattyB

23rd Nov 03 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If in fog....keep with ya dipped headlights, whack rear fog light on and SLOW RIGHT DOWN.

Altho Ad, u cud get some thin rectangualar fogs from halfords etc and put them in the centre lower grill. Due to lack of width, you will need to angle them outwards and down, but will help loads.

Matt
starkmotorsport

23rd Nov 03 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The cheapest Pencil Lights I can see are Cibie Super Oscars at £50.11+VAT each. Plus these are 220mm dia. so I doubt they'd look good on a crusing car.

Your probably best just keeping on dipped beam and slowing down. Anyone speeding in bad conditions deserves to crash (unless your competing or testing like me! )

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » is it at all possible.. 22 database queries in 0.0132060 seconds