corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » anti flash plates / photoblocker spray ??????

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anti flash plates / photoblocker spray ??????
jono22

User status: Offline
21st Nov 03 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone have any good / bad stories on either these so called anti - flash number plates or maybe even this new " photoblocker spray " ?? on www.beatthecamera.com / e-bay etc

anyone admit to still being gatso`d and plate still being identified whilst using these so called gatso proof methods ?? the photoblocker site does show some good test results - eh ??
paul_spurrell

21st Nov 03 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how about you dont speed
Demo

21st Nov 03 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you try it and get the gatso to catch you out and then let us know if it works yeah
Gambit

21st Nov 03 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by paul_spurrell
how about you dont speed

dont be silly, that sounding too much like having common sense
AndyCorsaC

21st Nov 03 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is true there is a spray out that uspray on your no. plate and it just shines the flash away so u aint caught
paul_spurrell

21st Nov 03 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit
quote:
Originally posted by paul_spurrell
how about you dont speed

dont be silly, that sounding too much like having common sense

sorry i wont bother next time
Mistamist

21st Nov 03 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by evzyboy
this is true there is a spray out that uspray on your no. plate and it just shines the flash away so u aint caught

You try it, if it works, give me a shout and ill say well done.....try not speeding, that usually works for me
Dave_Gordon

21st Nov 03 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try using a flash camera
!!!!!

jono22

21st Nov 03 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some typical corsasport users answers there then !!! thanks ????

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by jono22]
jono22

21st Nov 03 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by evzyboy

evzyboy- looks like that number plate on your signature pic has caught some off this anti-flash spray mate ?? better get that wipped of straight away !!!!!!!

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by jono22]
Greg_M

22nd Nov 03 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you really wanna speed, put a small strip of mirror at the top and bottom of your plate, it just shines the falsh back and covers the plate, you have to get it at the rite angle tho. bikers have been doin it for years!

please dont speed, my mate was killed by a twat doing 50 in a 30.

if he was doing 5mph less it would have still been alive, so they said. THINK ABOUT IT!
PaulW

22nd Nov 03 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greg12v
if you really wanna speed, put a small strip of mirror at the top and bottom of your plate, it just shines the falsh back and covers the plate, you have to get it at the rite angle tho. bikers have been doin it for years!

please dont speed, my mate was killed by a twat doing 50 in a 30.

if he was doing 5mph less it would have still been alive, so they said. THINK ABOUT IT!

agreed!

yeah ok most speedcamera's are there just to make a revenue, but speedlimits are there for a reason, I've seen a kid knocked down outside a school by some prick in a nova racing a fiesta, both wana-be boy-racers, the kid was lucky in the respect the nova driver swerved & clipped the kid with the wing mirror, but it still broke there arm & fcukled there shoulder.

if ya wana go fast, do it legally at a proper track session, not on public roads!
matt_jonesuk

22nd Nov 03 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree most speed limits are there for a reason but the government do want people to "speed" for revenue the amount of income they get from speed cameras is massive......

In my area the amount of speed limits that have been cut and the same day speed cameras are installed to catch drivers out and like many of said u go into another city driving and you are unsure of the speed limit for example birmingham has many dual carraige way roads that change between 40 and 30 mph and numerous speed cameras along the way i got caught last week not from wreckless fast driving but just the fact that the speed limit changed so many times i lost track of what the speed was.

Matt
matt_jonesuk

22nd Nov 03 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also when people stick to the speed limits they tend to cut them again to try and get people frustrated about silly speed limits
Greg_M

22nd Nov 03 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not saying the goverment are just putting cameras up for money. In my opinion 30's need to be stuck too. There are through villages and stuff.

its ok to say the goverment do stupid stuff, but they do it for a reason, to protect people, you'll realise when it happs to some1 near you.

dont get me wrong, i drive fast, but not in 30's theres no point.
matt_jonesuk

22nd Nov 03 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea but you are making it sound like all accidents are made from speeding....

Alot of accidents are caused by dickhead wreckless drivers who think they are the only ones on the road i speed all the time everytime i get into my car i speed but its not like i do 100 mph in 30 zones i go at a speed that i feel is safe to do so and given the road conditions. I know im a good enough and sensible enough driver to determine what speed i can safely go at.

I agree 100% that 30mph is a good speed for urban area driving on most roads but i've seen dual carriage ways in city centres with speed cameras and the speed limit has been cut from 40mph to 20mph no school in the area no houses?

Whats the purpose of a dual carriage way? to filter traffic into 2 seperate lanes for overtaking and for turning right or left at roundabouts. How can you overtake a 20mph? Its jus silly

Anyone who says they dont or havent sped in their life is full of it i dont pay any attention to my speedo i never did when i was learning and my instructor always used to bollock me for it. The reason i dont look at my speedo is because i know how fast i can go safely yea a kid could run out in the road in front of me but a kid could run out in front of a car doing 20mph and be killed.

Ive been driving well over a year now and i have come close to crashing once when i was doing 25mph in a 40 zone and someone pulled out in front of me if i was doing the speed limit i would have crash no doubt about it but it doesnt mean the speed limit should be lowered just cause of a few wreckless drivers.
romeo t

22nd Nov 03 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the end of the day tho there is noone on here who hasnt broken the speed limit. the kid asked a qestion and hes just got abuse. stop bein hypocrites
James@CCC

22nd Nov 03 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speed cameras can only catch law abiding drivers in the way that the car is registered, taxed, moted and insured. Its the twats in stolen cars, or who cant be arsed to insure them who arnt caught and who need catching the most
jono22

22nd Nov 03 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks "romeo t" you hit the nail on the head !! sure the original question was on the effectivness off certain anti-flash plates, etc when used with gatso, etc ??

if speeding is so anti-social ?? how come halfords, index., argos, etc etc etc all sell radar detectors ?? okay ?? there legal, so that makes them acceptable to evade being caught ?? or will someone tell me that they are not designed to evade capture by these very same gatso cameras,etc ?? !!

so many people all claim to be so right with there "just dont speed" comments, hope its not you that passes that camera van at 35 in a 30mph limit and receives a £60 fine / 3 points as my wifes friend did the other day !! c,mon theres speeding and theres bl*&dy being a idiot in a car !! 5mph over for a 50 year old women driving a bloody 1 ltr ford ka !!! c,mon !!!after having driven for over 16 years with a clean licence and on the majority off occasions do stick to the limts, its that odd time when as the the young lady quoted in the story above will tell you that an exta 5mph above the limit that can cost you dearly !! it is this odd time that these anti-flash plates detectors etc, etc would maybe help the average motorist fight back a little !! correct ???
matt_jonesuk

22nd Nov 03 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very well said all drivers are more afraid of the price of their insurance the next year thats the main concern of any driver who gets caught speeding the 3 points on the license and the increase in insurance the year after.... But of course the government has to get in on the profit to making innocent everyday people into criminals for a bit of cash its disgusting. So what about people who go out for joy rides, drunk drivers, no insurance no tax etc all these people get away with it but someone who has paid insurance and tax and who is legally driving a motor vehicle goes no more than 5mph over the limit and they get a fine and 3 points.

http://www.speedcam.co.uk/
Deepan

24th Nov 03 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This debate will run and run. I'm against speed cameras because there are a lot in the country which are just positioned for revenue generation and not positioned on roads with accident blackspots or whatever.

There are a lot of new speed cameras popping up which *aren't* Gatso. The newer ones work whilst you are driving towards them. In front of the camera there are three lines which run accross the road from the pavement (or whatever) to the middle of the road. You have to speed over these lines for the camera to flash you. Correct?

There is a campaign going on in The Sun at the moment against speed cameras and they reckon that the signs which simply display your current speed should be used in place of revenue-generating speed cameras. Fair play is all I can say.

At the end of the day, speed cameras are nice big yellow things so slow down for them? If you can't slow down for them in time then you are obviously driving too fast and deserve to get caught.

My 2p's worth.
Deepan

24th Nov 03 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another thing as well... In yer first two years of driving (after your test) you can lose your licence after getting just six points.

That means you only have to be flashed twice and your banned.

I know a few people of my age who have been banned from driving and it ent nice.

Where's the fairness in that?
matt_jonesuk

24th Nov 03 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day, speed cameras are nice big yellow things so slow down for them? If you can't slow down for them in time then you are obviously driving too fast and deserve to get caught.

My 2p's worth.

I was down in Devon in august and there was a speed camera hidden behind an extension of a house u could see it just as u passed it + it was on a hill going down. In the 2 weeks i was on holiday down their i usually saw a car get caught by it everytime i drove past it and 3 times saw a team of safety camera partnership filling it with film for anyone who goes to a place called Bideford becareful lol.

Also you get them hidden behind signs etc. Legislation says they should be visible for 60 + metres in 30 - 60 zones and 100 metres in 60+ zones but government hasnt stuck to it but then is that a surprise?
jono22

24th Nov 03 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so do these anti- flash plates work then ??lots off stories for/against cameras etc, not a lot regarding the original question ??!! plates / photoblocker spray - yes /no ??
Paul H

24th Nov 03 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the best thing to buy is 1.0 12v you won't ever get caught speeding in one of them

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll