corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How to get more light from your headlights?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How to get more light from your headlights?
MikeH

User status: Offline
20th Nov 03 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The standard corsa B headlights are a bit crap! especially on dipped lights.

What can i do to make them brighter?

I've heard nasty stories about fitting high power bulbs where the headlight units can melt!

Has anyone swapped their bulbs and achieved brighter lights safely?
mk4_astra

20th Nov 03 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know wot you mean the dipped lights on my astra were scary!, get some xeon bulbs, supposed to be 20% brighter and use less power
uprated

20th Nov 03 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got ring ultra xenon bulbs and its certainly brighter, a whiter light too, makes it easier to see than the yellow standard bulbs
Kris TD

20th Nov 03 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best thing to do first is to rewire them, they will be a lot brighter even with standard bulbs in. on mine and my bros corsas there was over a 2v drop due to the shoddy vauxhall wiring on both cars. use thicker wire as a start, and if u know about electronics then use relays etc...
then you can uprate the bulbs as the wiring will be able to cope without melting.
Gavin
Premium Member

20th Nov 03 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get some new headlight....i got some with a hint of green and red tint to them....much brighter as well

pew pew pew pewwwww
Kris TD

20th Nov 03 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but you have to realise that they will draw more current and as the wiring is so crap even for the standard bulbs and it looses 2v due to heat loss then it will only be a matter of time b4 the wiring could melt and set your car on fire. im now running 160/100 bulbs and i have no voltage drop to speak of.
Gavin
Premium Member

20th Nov 03 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

made no problems with mine!

pew pew pew pewwwww
mrshlick

20th Nov 03 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i know wot u mean about the headlights mate. they are shite as standard! I got some blue tinted ones. makes the light alot whiter (and slightly blue obviously) and brighter but u can go for bulbs that are up to 30% brighter from halfords (or somewhere abit cheaper) lol
Kris TD

20th Nov 03 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by B19 GAV
made no problems with mine!

what voltage are your bulbs?
TOMAS

21st Nov 03 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For some reason the smoked lights I have are MUCH brighter than standard lights, even though they have less mirror in them
Gambit

21st Nov 03 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can run upto 90w/110w in a corsa without fear of melting wires or burning out switches

any higher and you'll need to rewire using relays, its pretty simple enough, i was able to do it on my golf

New Poll