corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Seriously P***d off now

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Seriously P***d off now
Greasemonkey

User status: Offline
   17th Nov 03 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right took out my old C16XE put in the re-built one thats got 1500 miles on it, i was told there was a problem with the engine and it was hydraulic lifters, bought a new set over £100, got the engine all in by 3.00 this afternoon, turned the key it started first time well chuffed but, bang bang bang bang bang, the very very loud noise is coming from the head, took the head off, what a ball ache, 6 of my new lifers are fucked inside and i aint got a valve spring compressor to find the problem!!!, gonna buy one tomoz, was gonna put the old head on but.............fucking head bolts wont budge without chewing the heads!!!!!, plan is, i think i might have 6 bust valve springs swap the set from my old engine into the new head and hope its ok, thats if the problem is the springs!!!!
If you push on the lifters 6 or six of them move down easily, the rest are solid, the new ones when i put them in were solid so i am guessing this aint right. Once the lifters are out you carnt move the valves like you can the lifters so could it be stuck valves that wont budge so when the cams hit the lifters instead of the valves moving the lifters collapse inside
HELP!!!
P.s sorry for the long post
Greasemonkey

17th Nov 03 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i mean lifters moving the valves
Greasemonkey

17th Nov 03 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

arrghhh it late what the hell am i going on about it reads right now!!!!
Mo

17th Nov 03 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

userstephl

17th Nov 03 at 03:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u could of bent the valves
miles

17th Nov 03 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So did you have the engine rebuilt or buy one that had been rebuilt 1500 miles ago?

Are the springs in the lifters broken? Did you fill them up with oil first?

Sounds like some valves dont want to close....
Greasemonkey

17th Nov 03 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the valves are closed, yeah the springs in the lifters are broken now, i immersed them in oil but couldnt compress them they were solid.
The engine had been re-built 1500 miles ago by the previous owner at power crazey in lincoln.
The timing was spot on so i havnt bent the valves there are no marks on the pistons, you push on the lifters and they move but the valves underneath wont!!!, gonna take all the valves out tonight
Whats up
miles

17th Nov 03 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll struggle to move valves with your fingers.....

Obviously all the valves weren't closed when the cams were in. Clean up some of the old unbroken lifters to replace the broken new ones.

Why did the old lifters break? The dont just break without reason, so any problem was presumably there when you bought the engine.
Greasemonkey

17th Nov 03 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the old lifters suddenly went because it seems either a few valve springs snapped and jamed the valves giving the lifters no where to go of the valves just stuck, its had new valve guided too!!! apparently, yeah i was told that it needed new lifters but that was it, i carnt blame the lad he really thought that was all that was wrong, so what do you suggest, can i use the valve springs from my old head if needs be
miles

17th Nov 03 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant see why you cant use your old springs. Put a post on mig as to why it might happen.
Greasemonkey

17th Nov 03 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell ya what migweb aint much of a community, they just totally ignor all posts i make, not very helpfull
James R

17th Nov 03 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's becuase most of mig is based on the 20XE or the 20LET, and not that many small block 16v compared, so ppl probably don't know

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Seriously P***d off now 23 database queries in 0.0147810 seconds