corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Red light Court Date?**UPDATE**-23rd January

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Red light Court Date?**UPDATE**-23rd January
L33 LEG
Banned

User status: Offline
14th Nov 03 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well its finally come after 11weeks since i 'apparantly' went thru a red light.

i got a court date but if u plead not guilty u have to write a letter of what happened and then await another court date. i think i should be in the clear after my story. the thing is mainly, the cop car could not see my lights and had no way doing so, and also his light was not the next one on green. all i have to say is something like

"as i was approaching the lights it changed to amber, i looked to my right and saw a police car and thought it would be safer to carry on, and as i drove past the light it then changed to red."

and also on the paper that says what the copper had written, he lied by saying that i had failed to produced my documents when asked. in actual fact i offered them to have a look at em, but the copper arrogantly said "oh it dont matter now, ive already ticked the box to say u have NOT got any, u will have to take em to the police station"

wot u reckon guys, you think i have a chance of getting off this. u see the thing is this will be 6 points on my license in total so i will then loose the license, and my insurance is high enough anyways

LEG

[Edited on 14-11-2003 by L33 LEG]

[Edited on 30-11-2003 by L33 LEG]
DC

15th Nov 03 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If ya gonna lose the license neway uve got nothing to lose by trying i guess!
L33 LEG
Banned

30th Nov 03 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

******UPDATE******

well i wrote the letter and sent it off. there was so manmy things to question on.

one of them being that on the coppers statement he got the time wrong, he said it was 12.15, but it was actually 02.15am. so i asked them if time was an issue here how many witnesses do you want me to bring along. as i was in a different town at this time and had 8 witnesses to prove this.

anyway i got a letter the other day saying that i have to attend court on the 23rd of January, this will decide if i loose my license or not.

it asked me to bring my witnesses, my dad is coming to argue that the copper could not see my lights and aload of other stuff. do u think it will help if i get my other witnesses down to say that i was in a different town at that time

i suppose i could get my solicitor and have a word with him to see what i should do
Marc

30th Nov 03 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mention that if it is not safe for you to stop when lights change you should procede. What i was told when i was learning.
L33 LEG
Banned

30th Nov 03 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i said that. i mentioned that i saw the lights change to amber whilst i was approaching them, so i looked to my right and left (noticed a cop car to my right) and thote it wud be safer to proceed thru, the lights then changed to red after i crossed the white line.

i mentioined so many things, it gave u about a 3rd of A4 to explain urself, so i thote 2 A4 pages would be enough
Red_SXi

30th Nov 03 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont say that it changed to red once you crossed the line, if you saw the light go red as you crossed you were in the wrong.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Red light Court Date?**UPDATE**-23rd January 22 database queries in 0.0097392 seconds