corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » First car trouble!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author First car trouble!
JamesoSRI

User status: Offline
   13th Nov 03 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello there, i am the proud owner of my first car which i bought from a friend! it has a little work to be done on it, so i am here with open arms (and wallet) to the experts! if anyone can spare a day or so (paid) -- i need 3 things done to pass my MOT!

1. Steering rack Replaced (as it is "worn")
2. Rear right tyre replaced (sounds simple enough)
3. Front right indicator will not switch on (more tricky)

if anyone knows where i can get this done, or help then im willing to pay some travel expenses and already bought the steering rack + tyre!

please help! (ow i can post some pics of the vehicle here to sumtime) *car is a Corsa 1.4 SRI (1993 model - L reg) and is in good condition apart from these things
Adam-D

13th Nov 03 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 fiddly but garage
2 tyre place
3 bulb gone - replace bulb
Steve
Premium Member

13th Nov 03 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its not just the bulb on the indicator then will be a fuse sumwhere or bad electrics or the swtich on the stalk
Adam-D

13th Nov 03 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve106GTi
if its not just the bulb on the indicator then will be a fuse sumwhere or bad electrics or the swtich on the stalk

if it a switch or fuse the whole side would be inoperative
JamesoSRI

13th Nov 03 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried replacing the bulb with no effect, all the other lights work! - can someone suggest a good place to go and get the rack done without costing the earth, but still having a good job done ?

how much do you think ill be looking at to get it done?

[Edited on 13-11-2003 by JamesoSRI]
PaulW

13th Nov 03 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chek the connection in the back of the light, unplug it from the light, give it a clean, plug it back in.

also for the steering rack, you probs lookin at around £200-£250 for parts + labour from a garage/mechanic

rear wheel, about £30 from a tire place

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » First car trouble! 22 database queries in 0.0098312 seconds