corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Snap on steering wheel

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Snap on steering wheel
chris_lee100

User status: Offline
10th Nov 03 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey folks,

I cant make up my mind between snap off/on steering wheel or disklok, or both lol!

What are the pros and cons apart from the obvious. Im a strong believer in visible security as the criminal is often too dopy to consider the possible CAT1 you spent £300+ on !
IntaCepta

10th Nov 03 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont see the point in a snap off..
unless u fancy carrying a steering wheel when u go out.
chris_lee100

10th Nov 03 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well thats what i thought but my mate chucks it in the boot ?
5doormodder

10th Nov 03 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a snap off and its well good. You can take the wheel off and leave it on the seat in sight, they wont beable to put the wheel on the boss if you've secured the lock ! They are a really good secirity device. If they cant steer the car....they cant nick it.

A snap off steering wheel along with a decent alarm and a gear stick lock and your safe as can be !

P.S. I DONT SEE THE POINT IN A SNAP-OFF WHEEL AND A SECURITY LOCK AT THE SAME TIME :s:s
miles

11th Nov 03 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gear stick locks are worthless. You can leave your steering wheel on the seat but you'd be seriously buggered if your steering wheel and half your snap off boss got nicked.

I've got a snap off (and cat 1) and I only ever remove it when in really dodgy area's as I cant be assed to carry it. If you live in a shady area it would be worth while as you can chuck your wheel in your house.

Disk lock maybe better for general use, but then they are a pain to fit and remove. Both good, depends how dedicated you are.
carnoisseurcraig

11th Nov 03 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sell LOADS of these bosses. The are a good investment compared to the price of your car.

New Poll