corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » premium membership

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author premium membership
langey

User status: Offline
8th Nov 03 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should i bother getting it??

as i dont have a modded car so wont be worth putting it in the garage.

so whats the pro's and cons
groom

8th Nov 03 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tis not worth givin ian beer money
Colin

8th Nov 03 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt bother because I wouldnt benefit from it at all, I dont have a corsa no more and I dont need a garage cos I get free image hosting with my ISP
starkmotorsport

8th Nov 03 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See this post:

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=100610

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.starkmotorsport.com

Skinner

8th Nov 03 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its worth haveing a look if ur going 2 mod ur car cause u get discount from a few companys also get discount on insurance from adrian flux
Tim
Site Administrator

8th Nov 03 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by groom
tis not worth givin ian beer money

That's if Ian dealt with any of the club accounts....
Tim
Site Administrator

8th Nov 03 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by starkmotorsport
See this post:

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=100610

We do not push for a hard sale. Other forums do not have 80Gb/month bandwidth usage, and dedicated servers co-located with an ISP...

I do not have a problem with people not signing up, but I'm more than willing to restrict the premium benefits to paying members only... The kitty is used for all sorts of extras... One of the priorities is making our stands a little higher class but that's all planned for the 2004 season.

Cheers,

Tim

[Edited on 08-11-2003 by Tim]
starkmotorsport

8th Nov 03 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No worries Tim, I wasnt trying to slate the whole PM idea, it is a very good idea, all I was saying was that the benafits only attract the people who need bodykits and spray jobs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.starkmotorsport.com

Ian
Site Administrator

9th Nov 03 at 01:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The benefits are something nice for those people requiring discount from traders who offer it. The image hosting might also swing it for someone without web space who wants to put things on the web.

Both though, are complete bonuses. Membership of the scheme is purely to do with supporting the site and continuing its existence.

And either way, image sigs are not allowed. Firstly they're potentially larger than a resized and recompressed avatar is guaranteed to be and secondly putting them in yourself undermines the Premium scheme, without which the site wouldn't be nearly as quick and reliable and the stands for 2004 won't be as nearly well furnished.

If you have to ask if you're getting value then you're probably not going to. The answer is inherently 'no', but you can sleep safer in the knowledge that you're helping out a large community of essentially good people. Plus you get to play with some cool stuff and show off your car

[Edited on 09-11-2003 by Ian]
DanielJ

9th Nov 03 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i paied 4 preem wen my car was finishd, wasnt for the space either, been here nearly 2 yrs an 12.50 a yr isnt gonna hurt 2 support the site i use everyday
big eck

9th Nov 03 at 01:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian u ever thoughtof tryin to set up some kind of discount deal with the Vaux main dealers its just that I was in there this mornin and bought some oil off them and they asked if I was with a car club cause some of them get discount, just a thought.
John

9th Nov 03 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Big sigs like starkmotorsport's r a pain in the arse anyway.

[Edited on 09-11-2003 by x8john]
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Nov 03 at 01:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Ian u ever thoughtof tryin to set up some kind of discount deal with the Vaux main dealers
The Vauxhall Sports Car Club have this pretty sewn up I think. We have been denied this in the past when we were a little smaller and not as formal membership-wise. I'll check it out again I reckon.
Sooty
Banned

9th Nov 03 at 01:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont have a corsa... I think PM is pretty cool... saved some money with the flux as well
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

9th Nov 03 at 01:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In My Opinion you either join up to the site for 2 reasons

1:- You want to support corsasport.co.uk and make it more well known

2:- You need the web hosting for pictures, email is handy, and the discounts can come in handy also.

I see no real complication with the idea
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

9th Nov 03 at 01:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i forgot to say their is actually a 3rd

3:- All of the above
Pete G

9th Nov 03 at 01:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stoneyginger
In My Opinion you either join up to the site for 2 reasons

1:- You want to support corsasport.co.uk and make it more well known

2:- You use the web hosting for pictures, email is handy, and the discounts can come in handy also.

I see no real complication with the idea

it's wot i joined for
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

9th Nov 03 at 01:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pete G

9th Nov 03 at 01:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » premium membership 22 database queries in 0.0134349 seconds