corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 106 Gti's

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 106 Gti's
BabyBlade

User status: Offline
8th Nov 03 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hogge TD
FRENCH SHITE - Pugs, Citroens, fookin hate them, mates had a couple of Pugs, he's got a 306 now... bits are falling off all over the place, inside and out. He went mad one day with a drill and a couple of screws. He's got lots of shiny bits now! His bird just bought a 206 CC Allure... give it time, something will break. Dont give a fcuk if they are fast... rather have a car than a Fisherprice toy.

lmao each to their own like, tell your mate to put a bit more money to the cars he buys rather than spending as little as he can. It's worth it in the long run
Hogge TD

8th Nov 03 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sethion33
quote:

lmao each to their own like, tell your mate to put a bit more money to the cars he buys rather than spending as little as he can. It's worth it in the long run

How can he put money into it. It is falling apart... what can he do??? Go to Peugeot and ask them for replacement parts that are made properly?
He's had it since it was a 2 years old, doesnt rev the shit out of it, regularly serviced.
Ok, it is getting on (1998 model with 50k) but thats no excuse for the door handles not working properly, door trim falling off, etc, they shouldnt fail at that age. My first car was a 1983 Nova and it was built much better.
BabyBlade

8th Nov 03 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sethion33
quote:

How can he put money into it. It is falling apart... what can he do??? Go to Peugeot and ask them for replacement parts that are made properly?
He's had it since it was a 2 years old, doesnt rev the shit out of it, regularly serviced.
Ok, it is getting on (1998 model with 50k) but thats no excuse for the door handles not working properly, door trim falling off, etc, they shouldnt fail at that age. My first car was a 1983 Nova and it was built much better.

Sounds like it's had a bad life if u ask me, it aint that old. My mates d or b reg 205 isnt even as bad as what your saying and think how old that is!
Hogge TD

8th Nov 03 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, it's just crap. Things have failed on both drivers and passengers sides. Fair enough sayin that the driver maybe heavy handed, but doesnt explain why the less used passenger door would fcuk up as well.
BabyBlade

8th Nov 03 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well he's been unlucky, its like all cars though, u can get some good and bad examples of cars from the same age.
mattyboy199

8th Nov 03 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sooty
I like the inside of mine... none leather... winged seats... dont have a problem with the dash..... better than the corsa one IMO

No it ain t its cheap french shit
BabyBlade

8th Nov 03 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattyboy199
quote:
I like the inside of mine... none leather... winged seats... dont have a problem with the dash..... better than the corsa one IMO

A pug owner saying his interior is better than a corsa, and a corsa owner saying its not, weird. All I'd say is their both simple but for the price they are you cant expect them to be overly amazing. I prefered my clio interior to my sri.

a few examples are the cover for the wing mirror adjuster comes loose now and again, as does the cover for the inside door handle. I've found that in both of the corsa's i've owned.
RobHardyUK

8th Nov 03 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
FRENCH SHITE - Pugs, Citroens, fookin hate them, mates had a couple of Pugs, he's got a 306 now... bits are falling off all over the place, inside and out. He went mad one day with a drill and a couple of screws. He's got lots of shiny bits now! His bird just bought a 206 CC Allure... give it time, something will break. Dont give a fcuk if they are fast... rather have a car than a Fisherprice toy.

Well, if they keep going wrong like this, then he should fcuking buy something else

all ppl have their own tastes, go on a fiesta forum my mates on, they constentely say how much better there zetecS are on corners than the VTRs. I been in both, and i can tell you, personally, i think the VTR has the edge. But the fiesta site reckons their motors are way better. They will also slate corsas, but at the end of the day, most these motors are out to do a similar job, unfournately i can say from a personal drive, i have not driven a more fun car than the 106 gti. End of. And I myself like most hatches.
MatthewR

8th Nov 03 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All have there floors!!!! its a hot hatch FFS not a supercar!

[Edited on 08-11-2003 by Evisu]
Sooty
Banned

8th Nov 03 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

French shit which is faster than you
RobHardyUK

8th Nov 03 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vibrio
Banned

8th Nov 03 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

this is a general statement. howmany cars to pug make compared to any problems they have. all mass produced cars have problems to believe just because it is made by VW or BMW makes them bomv proof is just being stupid
vibrio
Banned

8th Nov 03 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

French shit which is faster than you

yours don;t have a tractor engine either
sxi boy

8th Nov 03 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
If you want a rapid motor just spend the money on puttin a valver in a corsa faster and cheaper than a 106.

if u want a rapid motor spend ur money on a car that was designed to go quickly, unlike a corsa
Sooty
Banned

8th Nov 03 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

big eck

8th Nov 03 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some people are easily amused
Screaming Vtec

8th Nov 03 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a well known fact that French cars are not built well.
Get to 100k and they basically disintegrate!

A mate has just sold his 306, spent around 2k on repairs in the 3 yrs he had it..

The two hondas I have owned have cost me £28 in the past four years..
Thats for a new suspension bush on the prelude..

I know that you get good and bad cars from all makers, IMO German cars arnt built as well as the rep.. The Mk2 golfs I had wernt exactly reliable..

French cars are pretty much the worst thou.. I dont know many pugs with over 100k that havnt had a new gearbox..

Being built like a biscuit tin has its good points thou.. as bits fall off they get faster..
nik

8th Nov 03 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Says he who drives a Corsa diesal LMFAO sad twat!
nik

8th Nov 03 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly my old Corsa was a pile of poo. Lots fell off and it cost a packet to keep on the road i.e MOT time. Had no problems with the 106, seems fine to me. All cars will have some problems don't forget Peugeot sell millions of cars, think they are the highest or near enough selling make in the uk? Can't be that bad figures speak for themselves
vibrio
Banned

9th Nov 03 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sxi boy
quote:
If you want a rapid motor just spend the money on puttin a valver in a corsa faster and cheaper than a 106.

if u want a rapid motor spend ur money on a car that was designed to go quickly, unlike a corsa

if you want an ugly and bland styled car buy a clio

[Edited on 09-11-2003 by vibrio]
RobHardyUK

9th Nov 03 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
quote:

Says you drive a Civic Type-R and 106 GTI, CAC

Lucky bastid. Whats a CAC?
BabyBlade

9th Nov 03 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RobHardyUK
quote:
Originally posted by nik
quote:

Says you drive a Civic Type-R and 106 GTI, CAC

Lucky bastid. Whats a CAC?

http://www.cac.cc.az.us/

BabyBlade

9th Nov 03 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
quote:

if you want an ugly and bland styled car buy a Punto

Looking back at it, I wish I bought a Clio 16V cos they're real sporty looking and fast

You hit the nail on the head there Vibrio
sxi boy

9th Nov 03 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
quote:

if you want an ugly and bland styled car buy a clio

[Edited on 09-11-2003 by vibrio]

if you want the complete package of shitness: shit handling, appaling build quality, and obscenely ugly styling then feel free to buy a punto
sxi boy

9th Nov 03 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Screaming Vtec
..French cars are pretty much the worst thou.. I dont know many pugs with over 100k that havnt had a new gearbox..

Being built like a biscuit tin has its good points thou.. as bits fall off they get faster..

its a well known fact that the frech have built the best hot hatches of recent years, and few that have defined the genre

R5 GTT
205 GTi
106 GTi
106 rallye
AX GT
saxo vts
clio williams
clio 16v
19 16v
clio 172
clio 172 cup
clio v6
306 gti-6
306 rallye

the build quality isnt great but there are worse.....fiat!

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 106 Gti's 22 database queries in 0.0175331 seconds