corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » £600 ON ICE! what to buy

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author £600 ON ICE! what to buy
kenyon

User status: Offline
4th Nov 03 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will have this in a month! i currently have infinity 6x9's which i like and may keep! but the rest i am goin to buy new stuff! i do have stuff in but am not happy with it! i want somethin VERY bassy but at the same time i want to hear the treble! not drowned out! so basically a fuckin load system for £600 exc h/u!

any ideas?

cheers kenyon
dannycorsa c

4th Nov 03 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4 channel amp
some good components for ur doors!u will hear plenty ov treble
and a sub and amp or 2
dannycorsa c

4th Nov 03 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

run all ur speakers off the 4channel amp!
kenyon

4th Nov 03 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was thinkin bout 2x12 subs! so i would prob need 2 subs! are infinity subs good? wot bout infinity cimps??? and wot amps wud b good?
dannycorsa c

4th Nov 03 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get alpine! subs and comps (type R) i dont like infinty that muchthere speakers are ok but i dont rate there subs as i had 1 and it was poo then blew up
dannycorsa c

4th Nov 03 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alpine amps aswell!
but u wont get a lot with 600
kenyon

4th Nov 03 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alpine system! that £600 is a rough price! i can spend more. are the subs and comps from alpine good?
dannycorsa c

4th Nov 03 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes very
Dom

4th Nov 03 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate...sod alpine. nice stuff, but expensive for what you get
asub wise, i would look at the Rockford RFP4112 (£130 from CAD), then get a rockford PUNCH401S amp (£180 from CAD) and run each voice coil off the seperate channels (so you get 400wRMS of power from both voice coils ). As for comps, i did have some phoenix golds that were nice, never had chance to listen to them but there meant to be good. But get infinity 5000cs (£99 halfords) and run them off a rockford PUNCH301S (£150 from CAD).

so thats £559 so far, and ya still need a box for the sub and wiring. so add 50 quid for a box (get the right one for the sub) and another for the wiring But for 650 your getting a MINT system (personal opinion) And everything is nicely matched

ps - CAD = caraudiodirect.com

[Edited on 04-11-2003 by VisibleMan]

[Edited on 04-11-2003 by VisibleMan]
kenyon

4th Nov 03 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers...anyone else? corb? snowy?
Richie

4th Nov 03 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right if you do go ahead with some of the above suggestions, the 6x9's are really gonna need to come out. Never run 6x9's and subs together unless the 6x9's are sealed off, otherwise it will make it sound rubbish.

My first shot at putting a system together has already come to £500 for a Rockford Fosgate 501bd and a RFD2212 500wRMS sub lolol so unless u want all ur money gone i wouldnt ask me

i like it powerful
Richie

4th Nov 03 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And i was looking at monoblocks for quality and efficiency, not bridging multi channel amps
kenyon

4th Nov 03 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im interested in stuff like that 2! the £600 is what i have available to me now! next month i will have around £1200 but i need a new headunit with that...gonna go alpine most definitley! also austin i heard an idea the other day.... makin a couple of boxes up and putting 6x9s under the front seats??? wot u fink? wot size components am i best going for?
Richie

5th Nov 03 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What would be the point in having 6x9's under the front seats? ur head isnt down there??!?!
DIGGIDY

5th Nov 03 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannycorsa c
get alpine! subs and comps (type R) i dont like infinty that muchthere speakers are ok but i dont rate there subs as i had 1 and it was poo then blew up

Someone is slating Infinity here

Infinity are probably one the best manufactures of quality products at affordable prices... Theres nothing wrong with them at all... sound quality is excellent...

subs blow up when you do something wrong... and sound shit if you box and amp them incorrectly!!!
Dom

5th Nov 03 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DIGGIDY
quote:

Someone is slating Infinity here

Infinity are probably one the best manufactures of quality products at affordable prices... Theres nothing wrong with them at all... sound quality is excellent...

subs blow up when you do something wrong... and sound shit if you box and amp them incorrectly!!!

agree mate, there "suppose" (yet to install my infinity comps) to be one of the best manufactors around and yea if it blows up your either giving it too much power or doing sumthing to distort the speaker! (or other reasons). As for sound quality, yea its mainly based on the box you have but also your amp and what signal your feeding it.

The stuff i suggested (rockford gear plus infinity comps) would be a great sounding system, but obviously if you have the cash to change the 2 channel amp (which you would bridge) to a mono block it would be better and offer a slightly better sound
Although i would first decide on your HU, then get comps then work backwards through your car (thats how im doing it). Oh, also GET RID OF YA 6x9's when you get your sub !! it will sound utter crap with em
langey

5th Nov 03 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kenyon come and spend 500 quid on me for a system for me and you can have 100quid

lol only jokin.

btw i was just womndering are you kenyon that is going out with rachel (i think thats her name) she is michelles mate who is callys bird. that you??
kenyon

6th Nov 03 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes...how the fuck do u no me????
Richie

6th Nov 03 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

be scared!
langey

6th Nov 03 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when u went callys birthday party u went there with your bird. i just seen the name and knew i recognised it from sum were. took me about 3 weeks lol.
kenyon

6th Nov 03 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still.....who r u?
dannycorsa c

8th Nov 03 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not saying infinaty are shit coz i no that they are good! that happened with that sub there was sumat wrong coz it went more or less straight away! but it didnt sound as loud or as good as my alpine type R! i do rate there comps as infinty giv a lovley crisp and clear sound! i just dont like there subs!
Dom

8th Nov 03 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
im not saying infinaty are shit coz i no that they are good! that happened with that sub there was sumat wrong coz it went more or less straight away! but it didnt sound as loud or as good as my alpine type R! i do rate there comps as infinty giv a lovley crisp and clear sound! i just dont like there subs!

yea....i heard an infinity sub a few day ago...didnt rate it that much, although diamond subs are expensive but still. And rockford subs are nearly as good, but there something about em...but for the money i wouldnt complain having one in my boot
Filby1

2nd Feb 04 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry Pioneer all the way well apart from the head units, and Kicker subs, the square ones are the best
Trucido

2nd Feb 04 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats wrong with pioneer head units?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » £600 ON ICE! what to buy 23 database queries in 0.1054640 seconds