corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » New Member ('09 Silver Corsa D SRi)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Member ('09 Silver Corsa D SRi)
k_$_k

User status: Offline
   7th Dec 12 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Morning Chaps

Speaking to you from over the pond down in South Africa. Just thought I would join ans share in the fun of being a Vauxhall owner (well we call it Opel but what ever)

I actually used too live in the UK back in '07-'08 but came back for family reasons.

Looking forward to some comments good or bad.

The day I bought her:

1st up was to get the car to ride right, I decided on some Eibach Sport springs:

BEFORE

AFTER

This definitely gave the car more "stance" and along with the rear badges (Turbo and Corsa) removed it looked super clean

Next up was the performance issue, the engine the car is basically the OPC engine de-tuned so I was going to tune it up and make it a beast
1st mod was a flat panel

This definitely gave a small gain but I still wasnt happy and opted for a cone filter with a bit of a 'woosh'

I was happy with the outcome but the turbo felt like it was acting strange, I was thinking it had something to do with the MAF position so I started fiddling with it and came to this conclusion

As it looks in the picture it is still a work in progress but it definitely made the turbo spool better and got rid of the dreaded hunting on idle.

I also went ahead a put in a cooler running thermostat (no pics sorry) since our climate can get ridiculously hot and it was more a safety precaution than anything else.

After that it was time to open up the exhaust

I just have a pic of the down-pipe but you get the idea, Full system with one racing muffler at the back for drone and damn it sounds good.

At that point in time I was satisfied with the performance for the time being and turned my attention to the interior bits

Come the age of white light

The new globes gave a nice ambient glow and made it feel a lot more modern, did the glove box and boot as well but no pictures of that.

Next up was a bit of sound

Always been a fan of PIONEER so I got myself a sub and some splits for the front doors. Sounds fantastic and I am busy trying to get the best sub box configuration for clarity and SPL. I am never fully content

Car felt like it was going very well but there was no way to tell how much boost I was pushing, decided to put an autogauge boost gauge in the air vent closest to the drivers side.

The gauge spikes at 1.1Bar and tapers to 0.8Bar on stock software.

That was it for the interior for now, I had been seeing a few of the same cars as myself driving around and really wanted to differentiate myself from them so a bit of cosmetics was in order
I decided on some white park lights(sorry for bad quality pic)

I was looking at keeping it clean and OEM so I wasn't going to go for aftermarket body parts and just modified my current ones, I went for a copper color on the rims and mirrors

It turned out great and I was very impressed along with a few small things to top it off
Dirt rims (bleh)

My next point of call is going to be an on board PC with full touch screen functionality by using a Raspberry Pi and 10.1" capacitive touch screen. Keeping the original radio and just using the the aux port.

It is my daily drive so I don't want to go to hectic but I would like to forge my engine and maybe boost it a bit more depending on finances in the following year.

Thanks for your time
Kyle
k_$_k

7th Dec 12 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A pic of the screen I will use:

And a link or two of how my car pulls:
QUICK PULL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HCpe9Efr8s&feature=g-crec-u

COLD START
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy5f7qZgzTw

And one of my friend playing with some wheel lights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMCBMeYvRtE

Seany

7th Dec 12 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great progress so far, loving the idea of the on board computer
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Dec 12 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice mate, welcome.
Christopher

7th Dec 12 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome! Awsome work so far! Always fascinated to see people from across the world
pow
Premium Member

7th Dec 12 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks brill, keep us up to date with the computer! Where's the screen from?
k_$_k

7th Dec 12 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks gents, POW I got the screen from:

http://www.chalk-elec.com/?page_id=1280#ecwid:category=3094861&mode=product&product=14647624

It works via the Raspberry Pi's HDMi out and is full HD! Going to connect it to the OBDII port and get some diagnostics via the screen
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

7th Dec 12 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice work!

Welcome to the site!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » New Member ('09 Silver Corsa D SRi) 25 database queries in 0.0136960 seconds