corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » hw can i make a 1.2 8v faster

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hw can i make a 1.2 8v faster
chris_lee100

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 03 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New injector, manifold (off a 1.4/3sr), blydenstien head, supposedly some mods can push out 8v 1.4i power the key i heard to more power on 1.2 is ultimately better feulling and the usual breathing equipment

[Edited on 02-04-2003 by chris_lee100]
vauxtillidie

2nd Apr 03 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im in same postion mate, got a 1.2 8v simply for insurance reasons and i only pay 1200, im 20 all mods declared 1 years no claims and accident in last 3 years, but now i can afford it im doin a 1.6 16v conversion, Liverpool victoria only charged my bro 40quid to put a 1.4 engine in his nova so im hopin mine will be somethin similar.
dig dave2811

2nd Apr 03 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much do u people think it would cost from start to finish (including fitting) to convert a 1.2 8valve to a 1.6 16valve
vauxtillidie

2nd Apr 03 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doin it urself? im doin mine probably set me bak 500quid all together includin brakes and stuff. not sure how much it wud cost proffesionally tho
dig dave2811

2nd Apr 03 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I DONT KNOW IF I WOULD FANCY DOING IT MYSELF, ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH IT WOULD COST PROFESIONALY
Adam_B

2nd Apr 03 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dig dave2811

2nd Apr 03 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2k u serious thats a fair bit of money just to fit a new engin.
does that include the engin in that price etc.
Adam_B

2nd Apr 03 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it was a drive in, leave it for a week then drive home job. cant remember who tho, somewhere like regal or courtney. He did say 'proffesionaly.'
CorsaJunkie

2nd Apr 03 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 1.2 8v too. Does it really matter that it cant accelerate fast? Still it can easily go up to speeds that its impossible to control safely. What else do you want? And most importantly its economical.

I enjoy driving when I m cruising with my car not when I desperately try to race with others or myself.

Cheers
leecorsa18

3rd Apr 03 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye thats fear enoth bt when i get done by shits 1.2.16v puntos and shit wish sometimes i had nos so i can piss on shity car like that just want a faster car cant be doing 0-60 in 3 hoursbt to by a car with a faster engine will cost more than getting a conversion so def thinking and saving nw (HOW CAN U PUT BIGGER BRAKES ON DO U HAVE TO CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE)cheers for the help need to no any places in bedfordshire that may do this for a good price or anywere just not miles away
Cybermonkey

3rd Apr 03 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you even asked your insurance company yet how much they will put the premium up by??

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll