corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Are citroen ax's allowed in here

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Are citroen ax's allowed in here
ainsley_brader

User status: Offline
9th Aug 07 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A brief history.
I have had a 1.0 Dimension for about 3 years as a runaround car and it has proved super reliable and fun, in a slow kind of way, to drive.
Anyway December time last year I had a 1.0 Jive come in with a snapped cambelt, after xmas the owner decided to cut his losses and gave me the car.

So mid January time I decided to drop a 1.6 vtr engine in it that I had lying about. The engine was one that I had fitted to a 106 quicksilver for a lad before taking it out to fit a 16v gti engine for him. Whilst in the 106 I had rebuilt the gearbox and fitted it with a newclutch, and changed the water pump head gasket and timing belt so I knew it was a good solid engine.

Later on I acquired a mot failed 106 and robbed it off the 4 stud suspension.

Fast forward six months to Tuesday this week. Having never got round to doing anything with the ax this week I needed a 3 stud front leg to replace one that had ovalled out where the lower ball joint goes in. So I decided it was time to four stud the front end.

Two hours later and

Before

During

After

As you can see I fitted some 30mm lowering springs at the same time good job as it still sits very high. Still on 13's although 155 instead of 145s, am looking for some 14 or 15s.

Well i did say 2 hours

Before

After

Yup decided whilst it was on the ramp to whip the old engine out.

Wednesday morning and with the ax still on the ramp I decided to have an hour and at least slot the 1.6 in place.

After an interupted 2 hours the engine was in!

Extracting the engine from the heap in the corner

Waiting to go in

And sat in place all water pipes on driveshafts in etc

So just got to wire it up now and work out which way round the fuel lines should be. Then swap the clocks and fuel pump and rear beam.

Ainsley
Robin
Premium Member

9th Aug 07 at 20:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be nippy, is this your daily driver, or a toy?

[Edited on 09-08-2007 by Robin]
ainsley_brader

9th Aug 07 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Toy

My daily driver atm is a diesel clio shed.

My other ax is on loan to a mate and currently in Ireland
I have ordered the last bits i need to get the corsa back on the road so hopefully it will be on the road for the end of the month!
pagan_88

10th Aug 07 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fancy buying some shiny door sills/boot struts/ any other AX stuff I might have lying about?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

10th Aug 07 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweeeet
ainsley_brader

10th Aug 07 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not interested in any shiny bits.
If you have any useful bits like a decent exhaust i could be interested!
pagan_88

10th Aug 07 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt mean gay shiny haha. You know door sills? Just say AX on them, I have a few bits cluttering up my garage so will have a look. Anyway looks like a fun project, will defo keep an eye on it
ainsley_brader

13th Aug 07 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't get much done over the weekend as couldn't make much time.

Clutch cable on, throttle cable swapped, ecu in place.
Throttle cable is much shorter

A little bit more rewiring under the bonnet and then i decided to swap the clocks over.

Original clocks

Clocks alongside th replacement saxo dials.

and the saxo dials ready to go in

No pictures of the saxo dials in place as i havent put the surrounds on yet as i have some wiring to do behind them.

Quick picture of the car no its not pretty

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Are citroen ax's allowed in here 24 database queries in 0.0137420 seconds