corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » tomtom / sat nav and pda people, this way please :)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author tomtom / sat nav and pda people, this way please :)
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 05 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got an upgrade on my phone 2day, and when i was in the shop i didnt see anything i liked at all, compared to my 7610 they all seemed similar and didnt stand out.

and as i want tom tom navigation in my motor, i thought fuck it, ill pay and get the o2 xdaIIi

seems a great little bit of kit, just like a pc really

what i want to know is what do i need to get tom tom on it??

they said in the o2 shop they have bluetooth kits for 169.99 which is the complete tom tom system.

all help appriciated

Dan

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Mo

2nd Jul 05 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u need the software and the bluetooth gprs box that tells the pda where u are exactly. from what i've heard u can get the software off the net for free and the bluetooth gprs box off ebay or somewhere from £40-£120.

hope that helps
net_freak

2nd Jul 05 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a copy of tom tom 5 you can have for a fiver posted, and it works fine mate. a mate ofmine has the XDA and said bluetooth is expensive and that he got a wired GPS receover for £35 brand new, may have been on ebay but i can get you the make ect. hope this helps
fred7

3rd Jul 05 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iam ordering my nokia 6680 in the week i got the rs-mmc memory stick wiv the tomtom 5 on that cost me £11 and the gps receiver cost £49 thats it your sorted and theres also software on here for sped camaras
craigpcg

3rd Jul 05 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv got a xda for work with tom tom on it. its pritty minted like
Dan
Premium Member

3rd Jul 05 at 09:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

craig, how do u turn the thing off and on, then get the screen to light up, whenever i turn mine on, it doesnt light up, then after a load of presses it turns the backlight on :S

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
ssj_kakarot

3rd Jul 05 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a copy of tomtom navigator 5 ill send you over the net if you want can have it for free, and i got my gps unit off ebay for 30 quid, and i have the xda2i works a treat. u2me if you want the software tis only bout 100 meg or something. need 256meg sd card to install though.
ssj_kakarot

3rd Jul 05 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whoever wanted to know how to turn it off, you cant actually turn the xda off the only way you can do it is take the battery out. the button on the top of the xda simply turns the screen off and on, if you hold it in for 5 seconds though it will turn the back light off but leave the screen on so there is no light, if you keep it in for another 5 seconds it turns the back light on again.
broster
Premium Member

3rd Jul 05 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u sent about tom tom 5

[Edited on 03-07-2005 by broster]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » tomtom / sat nav and pda people, this way please :) 24 database queries in 0.0104599 seconds