corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Newbie - Corsa Clocks

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Newbie - Corsa Clocks
_Allan_

User status: Offline
25th Mar 04 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

First of all great site and board

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but can someone give me some advice on the corsa clocks and fuel consumption?.

Me and the g/f have just both bought 2004 Corsa's her the 1.2 SXI and me the SRI 1.8

Seeings as the manuals are as much good as a chocolate teapot can someone explain the following:

1. When the engines are started the clock display shows INSP and 0 for a brief few seconds. Now I thought this would not be shown until it has counted down for it's first service?

2. When you reset the trip display after filling up and you hold down the button for a few secs a you are shown two readings. The top one was 35.1 (which I assume is the MPG) the other is a long number like 026789 or something. What is this for?

3. I havn't tested my fuel consumtion yet but my g/f car (£10 fuel in) gets to about 75 miles then the reserve light comes on. Then got to 100 miles before the flashing light started. Does this seem normal.? How many miles roughly can you get on the flashing light?. We both sold 1.2 clios to get these cars because they were crap. However we got about 130 miles on £10 of fuel. The consumption seems a little high even though it's still kinda running in.

I dread to think what it will be like on the SRI.?

Thanks for any info in advance.

Mo

25th Mar 04 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personall i don't know the answer to your question, try the help section.

welcome to the board. where u from fella?
_Allan_

25th Mar 04 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Erm, can the mods move this thread or shall I start a new one

I'm from Liverpool m8.
Mo

25th Mar 04 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sometimes the mods leave it and somtimes they move it. it jsut depends what mood they are in
Scandalous

25th Mar 04 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi mate. To get rid of INSP, turn off ignition, hold down the little button that resets the trip computer and start ignition, but keep holding down the button, it will then go off....the dealer prob forgot to PDI your car and set the service indicator...in ref to your third Q £10 for 75 miles does seem pretty poor, I have a corsa C Sri 1.4 and mine does 120 miles to a tenner, Id say let Vaux look at it! And your third Q..errm dont have a clue, il have a look at mine later tonight and try and work out what it could be!!
_Allan_

25th Mar 04 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No it's really 100 ish miles because the flashing fuel light is then on. Just wondering how many miles roughly you can go before you stop dead lol. Thanks for the INSP info I'll try that later.
Scandalous

25th Mar 04 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH I dnt how long u can go with the red light on, roughly 15 miles at a guess and about 5 miles when it starts to flash...I drove about 5 when my redlight was flashing then it cut out!
_Allan_

25th Mar 04 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been out to the car. With the ignition off then hold the button in the INSP 0 comes on then start the engine and it turns to INSP -----. Kept hold for a further 30 secs and let go. Turn the Engine off and back on again and it's still shows INSP 0 before it goes to the current trip and mileage counter ?

Also I have accidently reset the trip counter so I held it down and the display again showed the number 35.1 and 027689. Now the 35.1 can't be the mpg as I thought as this would be higher lower than the last time I reset it. It has been the same '35.1' for 3 fuel trips now.??

Dunno what this is or the longer number?
Scandalous

25th Mar 04 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate I have not got a clue what those numbers are, I know the INSP light thing I said should work, unless ur car needs a service as sometimes, depending on how the vehicle is driven, the car may need a service earlier than recommended. I work at VX head office mate, but im ill today so not in...call 01582 427200, ul go through to someone, tell them the question and ask em to speak to technical, they will prob be hesitatnt to do this but ul find sum are sound and will help, if they dont mate, give me their name and Il go into work tomorrow and speak to our technical guys.
TJSRi

25th Mar 04 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HI, vaux forgot to set my service clock aswell i've also got 1.8sri, when you get to INSP----- keep holding, but dont start engine just keep ignition on, the next service intervall should then replace the ----- line its 22000 miles or there abouts.
When you turn ignition on next it should clear the insp message. Hope this helps
_Allan_

25th Mar 04 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the info. I turned the engine on before....DOH

I'll try on the g/f car now then on mine later..thanks

Scandalous I'll try tomorrow and find out what the numbers mean.
TJSRi

25th Mar 04 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK mate let us know how you get on, as i said it should clear the prob. If it doesn't just ring vaux my local dealer told me how to do mine over the phone.
_Allan_

25th Mar 04 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just tried and the ---- displayed, held down for ages then it just went back to the trip and odometer. Still shows INSP 0 at startup for a few secs. I might just pop to vauxhall tomorrow and have someone explain.
TJSRi

25th Mar 04 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry it didn't work, i've probably missed a step out or something stupid like that Your local dealer should be able to help.
_Allan_

26th Mar 04 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For anyone interested. I've so far found out the following.

On the 2004 clocks you cannot manually reset the service light. This will be getting done next Tues when they refit the correct lower grill for my car (lol cock up at factory).

The 35.1 and other longer number on the display after reseting the trip has the Vauxhall mechanics baffled and I have put an enuqiry in for Vauxhall Technical Dept. (I'll get back on this one)

Apparently the fuel consumption on a 1.2 SXI is about right at roughly 100 miles on £10 - 10 miles to £1. I find this a little high

Thanks for your help guys
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
26th Mar 04 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

100 miles to a tenner is about right, I used to have a car that'd do that and fuel was cheaper in them days.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Newbie - Corsa Clocks 23 database queries in 0.0151870 seconds