corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » my coombe vids

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my coombe vids
Half Pint

User status: Offline
26th Apr 10 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Face it your all gay...

just get in a paddling pool and fettle away...

[Edited on 26-04-2010 by Half Pint]
Daimo B

26th Apr 10 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dhdev

This is BS. ABS will cut in whenever the deceleration of the wheel exceeds pre-determined rates. This can easily be achieved on a dry surface using progressive braking, in fact in the majority of cases it is not the rate of application but the rate of reduction in brake force that is most crucial in maintain an acceptable level of slip.

I've read this and thought "what?????"

Then read it again, and realised im very much mistaken. OF course ABS engages when its in the dry.

See im ahppy to admit when i've made a mistake and learned something new. Just some like to pounce
mattk

26th Apr 10 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Except for me.. I just drive like a dick

I was highly entertained by your driving, I was laughing my head off inside my helmet

inside wheel constently smoking

how is the brute?
dhdev

26th Apr 10 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by dhdev

This is BS. ABS will cut in whenever the deceleration of the wheel exceeds pre-determined rates. This can easily be achieved on a dry surface using progressive braking, in fact in the majority of cases it is not the rate of application but the rate of reduction in brake force that is most crucial in maintain an acceptable level of slip.

I've read this and thought "what?????"

Then read it again, and realised im very much mistaken. OF course ABS engages when its in the dry.

See im ahppy to admit when i've made a mistake and learned something new. Just some like to pounce

AndyKent

26th Apr 10 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure Daimos right. I think the idea is that if, say, on the motorway you have to make a sudden stop but don't actually start to skid, it still flashes the lights to let the car behind know you are rapidly slowing down.
The ABS doesn't have to be on, its just if you are slowing down quickly in a controlled way.

Can't find any evidence though
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
26th Apr 10 at 16:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a distinct difference in attitude between the people who were there having a go and driving in a style pertinent to their circumstances and those people at home on the internet dishing out the wise-ass advice like we're all doing something wrong.

I've watched the Oly front cam video a few times now and I'll tell you now he was well within his limits and obviously making decisions to drive safely and cautiously, while still maintaining pace. He also clearly had numerous opportunities to go for the take on the Puma, the Astra is obviously significantly more capable under power and even on the exit to bends, it's only the entry speed that sets the cars apart.

He's also more consistent and smoother than I was. I happen to think it was a capable drive.

And if anyones got any advice for either of us, they can do it from the passenger seat of my car or the drivers seat of theirs. Not their armchair.
Ojc

26th Apr 10 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Ian.

I let people offer advice to me on the internet but in truth I rarely listen, it's on the day inside the car I take note.

Jr's advice at Brands a couple of years ago helped me a lot from the passenger seat as I was far too tight to a couple of the corners and I took that on board and it smoothed out my laps.

I'd like to think I know Combe quite well now and go as smooth as I possibly can.
lee303

26th Apr 10 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, didn't think this thread would make 9 pages thats for sure!!
have to agree with the majority of comments of people who were actually there on track, its not a time attack balls out session, it can't be when its a public day, i certainly wasn't pushing the car to its limits as for me it was a shakedown for germany, and this is pretty obvious when you see how long i lift off for in certain places
but, and here's the rub, i did exactly what i wanted to and had a great time, as did olly, ian and everyone else, roll on the next one!!
Graham88

26th Apr 10 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting Daimo, however I think it just looks like somebody is letting on and off the brake and therefore not braking 'hard'. Hazards coming on like the Fiestas is much better IMO (although would be very off putting on track)
Daimo B

26th Apr 10 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
There's a distinct difference in attitude between the people who were there having a go and driving in a style pertinent to their circumstances and those people at home on the internet dishing out the wise-ass advice like we're all doing something wrong.

Is that a dig by any chance?

As for starters, I have no armchair.

Actually, no, it can't be aimed at me, as i've not actually handed out any wise assed advice or critisism. I just joked and chatted about braking hard, and also commented on understanding him not wanting to push it hard.

I also don't think anyone done anything wrong on those vids. Certainly not any line hogging as commented earlier.
Daimo B

26th Apr 10 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Interesting Daimo, however I think it just looks like somebody is letting on and off the brake and therefore not braking 'hard'. Hazards coming on like the Fiestas is much better IMO (although would be very off putting on track)

Indeed, its just some have taken mild hearted conversation (becuase we're seeing me flame drivers here havent we, oh wait...... No we havent), someones joined in sprouting BS. Just got to wait for the bandwagon now .

Oliver gives out banter, he gets it back, thats his and my character.

Personnally, I would hate flashing brakes, or indicators in my face in a braking area.

Lee, you can tell that nova isn't being driven really hard, and read about the Nord shakedown. Still quick enough to walk round other cars though

[Edited on 26-04-2010 by VXR]
smcGSI16V

26th Apr 10 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im going to add my 2p worth.

With regards to my Corsa, when I still had to use it as an everyday car I drove it at
90% for the fear of bending it or mechanical brakedown. I never braked late etc etc and I kept well within the performance limits of it.
Now it sits in the garage and is only used for abuse on the track. I drive it totally commited all the time (I have too, after all its only a 1600 with 124bhp) and more often than not at more than 100% as can be seen in my video's. I have learnt that with a low powered car, mometum and correct lines matter. I now have no fear of bending it or a mechanical breakdown as I know that it can be fixed/repaired/replaced at my leisure.

As for the ABS, I've only ever had that cut in when I've gone of track or in the wet when I've outbraked myself. Never suffered with fade either but then it's a totally different car to others.
Graham88

26th Apr 10 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's why I would love a track car for exactly that reason
Paul_J

26th Apr 10 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes... smcGSI16v! this is exactly what i was thinking all the way home and ever since combe...

I need a dedicated track car. I don't care if it's just a stripped golf gti, or whatever... i just miss having something to drive on track and not caring about binning it.

I still push my s2000 hard on track, but i'd say i was only at 80% rather than maximum attack.

I wish i had some money
Andrew

26th Apr 10 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Niceone guys

I didn't feel it was worth taking my crappy pug on track and don't have any funds to get anything decent at the moment.

Hopefully will see some old and new faces at PVS this year
gavin18787
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Yes... smcGSI16v! this is exactly what i was thinking all the way home and ever since combe...

I need a dedicated track car. I don't care if it's just a stripped golf gti, or whatever... i just miss having something to drive on track and not caring about binning it.

I still push my s2000 hard on track, but i'd say i was only at 80% rather than maximum attack.

I wish i had some money

Wanna buy a broken saxo

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Warren G

26th Apr 10 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee303
its not a time attack balls out session, it can't be when its a public day,

wasn't it? oh, i was treating it as one, had my light on for that reason.....

i was giving it 110% probley pushing too hard to being slower not being smooth

but i had one aim, and that was to over take oille, i tried my best, but my best wasnt good enough

i had a few side ways moments, all caught on cam too, should see it davey's video when i over take it and have a bit of drift, but that was controled

following corner (again try to catch oille) ran wide nearly on the grass. but the worst when lee was behind me, entered the corner far far to fast and was just understeering towards the grass

if i was in oilles car, i wouldnt of pushed it as hard, 5k barge vs 15k beast
gavin18787
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Staking 5k of car still hurts though

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Fad

26th Apr 10 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watching that again when Warren washes wide through the first esses I can hear him begging the RARB to work
Cole

26th Apr 10 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Warren G
great.

so iv got a punture, looks like the heat in tread movement has pushed a repair back in

and now split inner CV joint.

thats a new shaft then isnt it warren as i cant find an inner cv for toffee for my zafira vaux dont do one you know anywhere to get one oh nad a shgaft from vaux is £600 + vat not good
Warren G

26th Apr 10 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well iv just ordered a inner CV boot fine....

the rarb works, entering the corner, but then try putting any power down

to be fair, i achieved to get the astra sideways, but not was much as i hoped
Ben G

26th Apr 10 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
ojc was being a bit out or order i see, tut tut.
Not sure what you meant but if you mean the "block" on Lee:

Start this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPb0fKqKzPE

At 3:39, start this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hIZBY0OHcE

Play them alongside each other and you'll see the manoeuvre in context. From Olys car, all he's doing is conceding the overtake before the marker, which is the correct thing to do.

Lee got past anyway later. That Nova is an animal.

i was just baiting tbh

looking at ojcs vid, he's on a charge but obviously worried about his nice expensive hot hatch. i'd be the same in the focus, hence why i didn't go last year.

puma looks great anyway i've experienced some of that lift off oversteer down some country lanes near me, scared the shit out of me but found it very easy to control, didn't bite back at me at all.
jr

27th Apr 10 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

9 pages about a shonky red nova built by an old man who looks young with long hair

he will be pleased
jr

27th Apr 10 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thankyou for nice comments about my driving btw, they are all wrong however

AK

27th Apr 10 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here is some vid footage of the disco brake lights on an astra VXR.

They are very distracting on track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO4K0CCKKiI

<<  6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » my coombe vids 23 database queries in 0.0214109 seconds