corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend football sponsored by This Thread Was Made In 2014

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend football sponsored by This Thread Was Made In 2014
Cavey

User status: Offline
20th Mar 14 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
you spent most of the game (poorly) defending the constant (inept) Olympiakos attacks whislt shitting yourselves. 2 goals came diorect from set pieces and the middle one was atrocious defending from Olymp. I wouldnt say it was wholely positive tbph... as moyes himself said afterwards, itll mean jack shit if you dont use it as a platform for consistency.

Agree with robbo for once - United played ok, but could of easily lost that match, the defending was pretty woeful throughout the night, Evra constantly gave the ball away whilst attacking and couldn't be arsed getting back, Rafael was dogshit, "consistent Carrick" couldn't do anything, the passing wasn't anything great, as stupid as it may sound, I thought Van Persie was pretty poor, Giggs and Rooney looked pretty good, but if it wasn't for a world class double save from De Gea, United would be out and all their fans would carry on with the Moyes out campaign and going on about how shit they were again

You're focusing on every deficiency yet overlooking the fact RVP scored a hat trick, Rooney covered every blade of grass and Giggs was absolutely majestic in centre mid. Valencia and Wellbeck both played well as well.

United needed a 3 nil win and got it, the majority of folk would have said that was impossible after the weekend. It was a good performance and Moyes deserves a portion of the praise for it.

Yes I am/we are.

There's enough people giving them credit, and bigging them up, I like to give the other view

[Edited on 20-03-2014 by Cavey]
Robbo

20th Mar 14 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ exactly that.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Mar 14 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are we all ready to get along yet? we have Arsenal fans angry because they are out and shit man united are through, we have Scottish people angry because some are criticising a scot manager, and caveys just angry.
Robbo

20th Mar 14 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think youll find very few angry arsenal fans about being out! ofc you'd liek to eb competitive in europe but with our squad and injurties we have noi chance there, much rather concentrate on the fa cup and league!

we hope you beat city though
Marc

20th Mar 14 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You been on the gin at dinner OrRob?
Rob_Quads

20th Mar 14 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i think youll find very few angry arsenal fans about being out! ofc you'd liek to eb competitive in europe but with our squad and injuries we have noi chance there, much rather concentrate on the fa cup and league!

+1 - The second we were drawn again Bayern we knew we would have to have two great performances combined with bad ones from Bayern to have a chance.

As it was they played well both times but Bayern were that step up in quality. They did what they could. If they had played crap and lost it would have been different feelings
Hammer

20th Mar 14 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Are we all ready to get along yet? we have Arsenal fans angry because they are out and shit man united are through, we have Scottish people angry because some are criticising a scot manager, and caveys just angry.

Is AVB Scottish? His nationality is irrelevant as was Ferguson's.
DC90

21st Mar 14 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
you spent most of the game (poorly) defending the constant (inept) Olympiakos attacks whislt shitting yourselves. 2 goals came diorect from set pieces and the middle one was atrocious defending from Olymp. I wouldnt say it was wholely positive tbph... as moyes himself said afterwards, itll mean jack shit if you dont use it as a platform for consistency.

I count positive football as actively looking for a goal, for the most part we did that. There were chunks of the game where the defence just sat back, even Moyes was on the touchline screaming at the back line to move up and they wouldnt. Lack of respect? Worried too much about conceding? I dont know.

Two goals came from set pieces but do you not have to create the opportunity for the set piece? The ball in to RVP for the penalty was nothing short of world class.

100% agree with the fact we need to be consistent now. We have given ourselves something to build on and this has to happen.
Hammer

21st Mar 14 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds more to me like fans of opposition clubs shitting themselves rather than United tbh.

They will turn the corner given time and Moyes will be a part of it.
Steve
Premium Member

21st Mar 14 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope so
Robbo

21st Mar 14 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bayern hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
kennySRi

21st Mar 14 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damn

<<  5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend football sponsored by This Thread Was Made In 2014 23 database queries in 0.0087090 seconds