corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » my coombe vids

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my coombe vids
Conway563

User status: Offline
26th Apr 10 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Anyone got any pictures of the day yet? Not seen any posts?

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=555447

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=555528

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=555467&page=3
Paul_J

26th Apr 10 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

god I wish Daimo would come out on track again. Like the next Castle Combe event.

- The guy is even more dillusional than me about being an 'undiscovered driving talent'
Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you mean you aren't

the best was when he tried to tell JR how to improve his ring lap

[Edited on 26-04-2010 by Steve]
Daimo B

26th Apr 10 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
god I wish Daimo would come out on track again. Like the next Castle Combe event.

- The guy is even more dillusional than me about being an 'undiscovered driving talent'

Whats your problem yuppie boy?
Difference is, I don't talk sh1t.
Give me your car, i'll be quite happy to show you how good/bad a driver I am.

Doors that way <---

Where have i mentioned about how good/bad a driver I am by simply talking about brake temperatures and ABS? How does that make me Aryton Senna you f**king peen arse.

Anyone can learn about things, and with regards to late braking, please do tell me what you know about Astra VXR brakes, and how many times you've experienced one, or driving one in proper anger on a race track?

You fucking ponce.
Paul_J

26th Apr 10 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
you mean you aren't

the best was when he tried to tell JR how to improve his ring lap

Yes, this was amazing. Must've learnt it on a console.
Daimo B

26th Apr 10 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you stick your tounge in between my hairy arsecheeks.

Im always out and about, so the next meet, i'll come, you tounge my ass, and i'll give you advice.

Or are you just trying to gain some IE cool points?

I was having a good chat with OJC then.

Also, notes ignoration of points raised.
Daimo B

26th Apr 10 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, notes Pauls deletion of post and writing of a new one.

Ace.....
Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you alright daimo? i dont have a problem with you, as you are a harmless enough man that means well
Daimo B

26th Apr 10 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im fine, i'd just like to know why the attack on me for having a general chat about the cars performance.

E-points.....

I really wanted to come to combe (bike) but had to replace 2 sprokets on my other bike, so hopefully I can attend another one and Paul can talk to me and tounge my ass then.
Paul_J

26th Apr 10 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Oh, notes Pauls deletion of post and writing of a new one.

Ace.....

All I'll say is the level of driving by the guys on the WR stand were very high imo. The WR group contain a lot of capable / confident drivers on track... even the one's who were slow when they first got on track years ago, have got a lot better and faster over the years learning by doing more and more track days.

I just found it interesting you start lecturing people like OJC about how he wasn't braking hard enough. Same way you pointed out to JR that time, that he was losing time on his lap at nurburgring.

There is a big difference between being in your own car, on track, with it all to lose and sitting in your arm chair commenting on the internet.

If we were all given a free car where it didn't matter if we smashed it up, we'd all be able to brake super late / hard and push it to the limit all the time. OJC as an example is someone who I've witnessed get more and more capable on track over the years, I know for a fact he was holding back a lot in his videos.

My point is, it's easy to sit there telling people how to drive, but I think maybe you should get yourself on track in your own car. I mean, you did what a handful of track days in a corsa years and years ago?

and that makes you expert enough to tell JR how to improve his lap times on the nurburgring?
Ojc

26th Apr 10 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Daimos done one track day in a car IIRC
Daimo B

26th Apr 10 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasn't a lecture, can't you see the smilie..... I simply joked the rear lights were not flickering, then we chatted about it. Wheres the lecture? Oli learned something new, and I even said I fully understand not driving it hard. Oh, what, did you miss those parts?

Who said anything else about anyones driving?

No, i've done a few track days in our own Astra VXR so I fully know what it can do, as well as the corsa, and the bikes.

And regards to JR (how sad is it you remember), and noting certain lines, and advising on the fact i think there was more time there is not a negative. Maybe your a negative person and take simple observations as a downer thing, not as a positve light hearted thing which could be taken or left. James understood this, so why have you delved in further? Guess your a half empty opposed half full kinda guy.

It was advice, you either use it or ignore it. The fact i've even written it shows and interest and not a flamation. So why would you critise someone with a common interest for purley trying to help (be it that the info is right or wrong). What kind of stuck up little snob are you, what kinda of decency (or not) do you have? Would love to meet your friends if you cant chat about something you enjoy......... Oh lord no..

You don't have to be a fast driver either to have a ful understanding of racing lines, esp if you were brought up at racetracks whilst every other kid was at home playing.

In fact, what do I need to prove anything to you for I know my understanding of motor racing and the best line, I live for motorsport, it been a part of my life for the whole 29 years i've been alive.

You sir, have been owned. So many open holes to pick.
Ojc

26th Apr 10 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lee is going to love it when he comes home and sees his thread full of all this.
Half Pint

26th Apr 10 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

50 pages....

Daimo you should have said...

i'll give you a spoon and you can eat my ass

Paul_J

26th Apr 10 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow clearly, a sensitive issue.

I hope no one ever makes a comment on your driving on track Daimo, I don't think you'd be able to read it without exploding in rage.

I was simply saying, 'you're clearly very passionate about driving on track, it would be nice to see you at a track day soon'.
Graham88

26th Apr 10 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint
i'll give you a spoon and you can eat my ass

I like this thread, it screams ego. Keep it to the track lads.

And I think I am with AK when it comes to missing the part of my brain that tells me I'm in alot of trouble if I smash my car up. Shit happens. I can honestly say I pushed my car so hard at Brands, without professional guidance on slightly better lines I was at my limit and sometimes slightly beyond mine/the cars.
Half Pint

26th Apr 10 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Wow clearly, a sensitive issue.

I hope no one ever makes a comment on your driving on track Daimo, I don't think you'd be able to read it without exploding in rage.

I was simply saying, 'you're clearly very passionate about driving on track, it would be nice to see you at a track day soon'.

Daimo can't drive for toffee, but he certainly tries his hardest....

Daimo B

26th Apr 10 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tony, no I can't ride for toffee.

And No Paul, what winds me up is someone writing a load of bollox, then when asked to explain said bollox, they ignore it because they can't reply and start on something else.

Apology will be accepted when your tounging my ass. Whens the next SE meet at the Grasshopper? I'll even make sure not to wipe that morning.

So, Astra VXR flashing brake light, and hot brakes, and nice nova.... Where else was I?

[Edited on 26-04-2010 by VXR]
DaveyLC

26th Apr 10 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

All I'll say is the level of driving by the guys on the WR stand were very high imo. The WR group contain a lot of capable / confident drivers on track...

Except for me.. I just drive like a dick
Graham88

26th Apr 10 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would the brake lights flicker under braking? I can't say I've ever heard of that, only hazard lights coming on.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the astras brake lights flicker when abs is working
Ojc

26th Apr 10 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like a touring car
Daimo B

26th Apr 10 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Why would the brake lights flicker under braking? I can't say I've ever heard of that, only hazard lights coming on.

Hazards dont, just the brakelights.

Someone please go find it to show im not talking out my arse. Honestly, under really hard braking, the rear lights flash on and off (can't remember if its all 3 or just the top middle light).

Not the abs. If it IS the abs, then its our ABS thats screwed But its not as i've tested it
dhdev

26th Apr 10 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Progressive braking (even really hard) should never kick in the abs on the dry.

If it is, its either the braking style, or theres an issue with the ABS.

This is BS. ABS will cut in whenever the deceleration of the wheel exceeds pre-determined rates. This can easily be achieved on a dry surface using progressive braking, in fact in the majority of cases it is not the rate of application but the rate of reduction in brake force that is most crucial in maintain an acceptable level of slip.
Daimo B

26th Apr 10 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/archive/index.php/t-19747.html

http://www.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/archive/index.php/t-65359.html

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » my coombe vids 22 database queries in 0.0258391 seconds