corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » B16 GEV Was in an accident : c ( Update 26.01.2009 - NOT GOOD!

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author B16 GEV Was in an accident : c ( Update 26.01.2009 - NOT GOOD!
Fro

User status: Offline
24th May 07 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cam1
hope it goes well for you fro

Cheers fella
Theham85

24th May 07 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Talking about claims. A couple of months back and old guy reversed into my brother got out and accepted responsibility, gave my bro his insurance details, name, address etc. Then as soon as my brother left, he phoned his insurance telling thme that my brother crashed into him and that my brother had admitted responsibility. So no pay out for the tanned in panel that was only just fixed after the last clown a week before, rant over lol

[Edited on 24-05-2007 by Theham85]
corsa_rob

24th May 07 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i really hope u dont get screwed on this but my missus was screwed over abit in the same way...she rolled into a rs2000(not paying attention SO WAS HER FAULT!) lol but the was no damage to her car at all...the guys ford managed to have a small dent/scuff in the bumper...of which had just cost him £20 for the whole bumper. He then what to go through insurance even though a new bumper was worth £20 and we offered to push of the dent and respray bumper and cover all costs. So went through the insurance for no reason on his part...girlfriend ended up paying £1200 altogether thru her insurance...and instead of paying £400 the following year was paying in region of £650...she then go her car broken into and then robbed stereo/and bent the sterring colum trying to break the steering lock to steal it and ended up writing the car off for £500 and paying £750 next year for a 1.2 clio insurance allways seems to screw everyone over..
Steve
Premium Member

24th May 07 at 08:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_rob
i really hope u dont get screwed on this but my missus was screwed over abit in the same way...she rolled into a rs2000(not paying attention SO WAS HER FAULT!) lol but the was no damage to her car at all...the guys ford managed to have a small dent/scuff in the bumper...of which had just cost him £20 for the whole bumper. He then what to go through insurance even though a new bumper was worth £20 and we offered to push of the dent and respray bumper and cover all costs. So went through the insurance for no reason on his part...girlfriend ended up paying £1200 altogether thru her insurance...and instead of paying £400 the following year was paying in region of £650...she then go her car broken into and then robbed stereo/and bent the sterring colum trying to break the steering lock to steal it and ended up writing the car off for £500 and paying £750 next year for a 1.2 clio insurance allways seems to screw everyone over..

TBH i would want to get it done at a decent place, and go through the insurance too, why should he let some random monkey spray his bumper?
deano87

24th May 07 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Why did your girlfriend pay so much through the insurance?

Normally you just pay the excess for a fully comp claim, and nothing if someone claims off you?!

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

24th May 07 at 08:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:

TBH i would want to get it done at a decent place, and go through the insurance too, why should he let some random monkey spray his bumper?

Maybe he means get it sprayed by a decent place but out of insurance?

I'd rather spend £1000 getting a guys car fixed then going through insurance and looking my NCB.
Steve
Premium Member

24th May 07 at 08:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:

Maybe he means get it sprayed by a decent place but out of insurance?

I'd rather spend £1000 getting a guys car fixed then going through insurance and looking my NCB.

Again id also only want to take to my place of choosing, if someone let me choose where to take it and pay for it then fair enough
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

24th May 07 at 08:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

of course, when its your fault you want to be bumming the guy/girl so every wish they have is fulfilled otherwise they can just be like WATEVAAAA GIRLFRIEND and just go through insurance.
Fro

8th Nov 07 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update! After 5 months my insurance company have got back to me about it, and they want the pictures that i took, so going to get those sent off tomorrow. Good news is they are fighting it and they dont want to have to pay out.

Thought this was all over and done with but i guess not Don't see why its had to be so long drawn out.
lil_g

8th Nov 07 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stupid people

[/rantday]
Tommy L

8th Nov 07 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wowza
Fro

8th Nov 07 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell me about it
Corsa_davies

8th Nov 07 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best of luck any way mate
deano87

8th Nov 07 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For a minute I thought you had had another crash Fro. Thank fuck you haven't!
Neo

8th Nov 07 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87

Same, heart skipped a beat.

Good news though
Ste L

8th Nov 07 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i thought the same aswell
Ben G

8th Nov 07 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me aswell! thank god you didn't mate!

i finally got my 2 claims sorted out as non-fault

one from 11th january 2007 on a roundabout, bloke pulled out in front of me whilst it was heavy rain

one from 16th june 2007 where the corsa was wrote off, not my fault as he was not paying attention

1.5 years no claims

hope you get good luck too my rainhamshire brother
lil_g

8th Nov 07 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I have never opened a page so quickly Deano trust me
deano87

8th Nov 07 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My train of thought was.

1) Is Fro ok?
2) Gregg.
3) The car.
lil_g

8th Nov 07 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gervais told me to look in GC and my heart sank! Would have been a really shite day then
deano87

8th Nov 07 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know think of what the overtime could be spent on

Sorry.

I'm not talking about you in particular, but does make you wonder if spending so much money is really worth it, if you get me?!
lil_g

9th Nov 07 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know
My mates car was done too and he hasn't spent much on his tbh think it was all targeted

Trust me Deano GEV is worth the overtime I'll take you for a ride and you'll --->
Corsa_Joel

9th Nov 07 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

My train of thought was.

1) Is Fro ok?
2) Gregg.
3) The car.

rofl same as that
Dione J

9th Nov 07 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

My train of thought was.

1) Is Fro ok?
2) Gregg.
3) The car.
snap
deano87

9th Nov 07 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lil_g04
I'll take you for a ride and you'll --->

Can't wait

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » B16 GEV Was in an accident : c ( Update 26.01.2009 - NOT GOOD! 22 database queries in 0.0161750 seconds