corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I have no luck with cars :( UPDATED

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I have no luck with cars :( UPDATED
Tiger

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 10 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what your saying mate, i'm with you in the respect that he is wrong, you are right, for sure!

I too was almost ripped off, for another reason, so know how you feel.

HPI's are gold when it comes to this though, imagine how much trouble it would have saved you for the cost of £3.
A2H GO

3rd Feb 10 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
I know what your saying mate, i'm with you in the respect that he is wrong, you are right, for sure!

I too was almost ripped off, for another reason, so know how you feel.

HPI's are gold when it comes to this though, imagine how much trouble it would have saved you for the cost of £3.

Im sure its happened to lots of people, just feels horrible when it happens to you.

I always HPi cars, the only reason i didnt is that the advert clearly states that it comes with a Gold HPI check, and i even look at it, i cant believe i didnt pick up on the model, it was just so obvious, i was more concerned over the other bits such as mileage and write off's.

[Edited on 03-02-2010 by CorsAsh-Sport]
Tiger

3rd Feb 10 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope it all works out for you mate, i'm sure it will, as already said, you are in the right all day long matey
Cosmo

3rd Feb 10 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Call his bluff tbh.

He is fully in the wrong and he knows that. If he goes to court then he would be found in the wrong and you'd be getting all your costs back both in terms of buying the car, and also all the court costs. He is just trying to scare you in to doing what he wants by coming out with what he is.

If you call his bluff and demand the money to make you break even, plus you dropping it on Sat or him getting it collected, then he will back down.

If he doesnt, carry on with the letter and 14 days for him to get back to you, etc.

You will win this.
adiohead

3rd Feb 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kano
If I was you I'd be pulling a sicky, taking it back and be done with it. Everyone saying to go to court etc obviously dont realise how much hassle it would cause you.

when you have THAT much evidence and you're in the right, taking someone to court is easy.

gotta be brave and use the system.
A2H GO

3rd Feb 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the support guys, its all been really appreciated and i will update you with the outcome.

He has text me about an hour ago(its obviously on his mind) saying i can drop it off in Oldham as thats where he lives apparently but would still need it tomorrow.

I said i wouldnt be able to get down until the evening and me and my partner would feel uncomfortable meeting at night in some place we dont know and exchanging a large sum of cash. I asked if i could give him my bank details so he could transfer the money, i would then be happy to meet. He said this is not possible. Hes just making things more difficult for both of us. I feel uncomfortable taking cash from him full stop, after all thats happend i would rather bank transfer so i know its all there/real.

EDIT- He's now changed his advert for 8v and no mention of bhp.

Cosmo

3rd Feb 10 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wont even get to court ffs, the guy knows he is in the wrong and is trying his luck.

If you start the process as if you are willing to to take it to court he will soon back down as knows he'll end up paying all costs.
Cosmo

3rd Feb 10 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No reason he couldnt do a bank transfer, he'll receive and pay them everyday tbh.
A2H GO

3rd Feb 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I said to my partner, he only has to nip the cash i paid him into the bank and ask them to transfer it while hes there, not exactly as much of a ball ache as me having to drive all the way back up there.

He will hopefully receive my letter in writing tomorrow as i sent it recorded delivery today. That should shock him.

adiohead

3rd Feb 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

advert still says 16v 150. does it take a while for pistonheads to update?
A2H GO

3rd Feb 10 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
advert still says 16v 150. does it take a while for pistonheads to update?

Yes, sorry, Auto Trader only at the moment.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201001349627066/sort/priceasc/usedcars/quantity-of-doors/3/maximum-mileage/up_to_60000_miles/model/astra/make/vauxhall/page/4/keywords/cdti/postcode/st36fd/radius/100?previous=%2Fsearch%2Fused%2Fcars%2Fvauxhall%2Fastra%2Fpostcode%2Fst36fd%2Fradius%2F100%2Fkeywords%2Fcdti%2Fquantity-of-doors%2F3%2Fmaximum-mileage%2Fup_to_60000_miles%2Fpage%2F4%2Fsort%2Fpriceasc&logcode=p
Generation

3rd Feb 10 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should I call him and ask about it? just say what size is the engine?
MarkM

3rd Feb 10 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the sake of £100 just take it back. Ask him one last time for the £100. If he doesn't back down take the cash and start a Moneyclaim online for the £100. Better to have 99% back and chase 1% than be chasing 100% of your cash. The longer you leave it the less chance you have in getting it back. Although for the sake of £100 trying to recover your money isn't worth the hassle.

Lesson learned I think.
FlamingCorsa

3rd Feb 10 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pretty sure u can have free consultation with lawers cant you?! they will basically have quick(half hour free) look over case and c if your have a good case and then you know wot to do next, and basically then you can go to him and say you have had meeting with lawer and he is happy to proceed with court cos he is happy you have very good case! and this is final chance for him to make things right or your will let your lawer proceed as he feels best!
A2H GO

4th Feb 10 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hes rang me this morning, i said as they won't do a bank transfer i will have to come in the day to their garage on Saturday. He said OK but make sure its first thing. Looks like i will only be getting my £7500 back, i feel gutted at being out of pocket from their mistake.

TBH i still feel like i cant trust them after whats happened and anything can happen when i turn up on morning. The only person that can bring me back is my partner aswell and i dont want her to be there if anything kicks off.
dhanson08

4th Feb 10 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldve thought hes got too much to lose by kicking off and causing a fuss m8
Kano

4th Feb 10 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Warren G
on the left, 120 8valve then

Not strictly true. There was an 8 valve 150 version aswell, just very rare.
stubbsy05

4th Feb 10 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
For the sake of £100 just take it back. Ask him one last time for the £100. If he doesn't back down take the cash and start a Moneyclaim online for the £100. Better to have 99% back and chase 1% than be chasing 100% of your cash. The longer you leave it the less chance you have in getting it back. Although for the sake of £100 trying to recover your money isn't worth the hassle.

Lesson learned I think.

Too right. For the price of a night out (£100) I'd get it back to him asap.

Cut your £100 loss and put it down to lesson learned.

The advert said all his cars are Gold HPI'd on pistonheads, how did it not get picked up as a 120bhp?

big eck

4th Feb 10 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The guys very much in the wrong as everyone has stated mate.

Stand your ground and take it all the way.

If you just want your money back then suerly you have a few mates that will go down with you???
A2H GO

4th Feb 10 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stubbsy05
quote:
Originally posted by MarkM

Lesson learned I think.

Too right. For the price of a night out (£100) I'd get it back to him asap.

Cut your £100 loss and put it down to lesson learned.

The advert said all his cars are Gold HPI'd on pistonheads, how did it not get picked up as a 120bhp?

I think they knew but thought they could get away with advertising/selling it as the more expensive 150 variant.
A2H GO

4th Feb 10 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
The guys very much in the wrong as everyone has stated mate.

Stand your ground and take it all the way.

If you just want your money back then suerly you have a few mates that will go down with you???

Im sure i will be able to persuade someone to come down with me on Sat, they did apologise last night.

I am hopeing to cut my losses and go somewhere reputable for a replacement.

As said, lessson definately learned.

[Edited on 04-02-2010 by CorsAsh-Sport]
stubbsy05

4th Feb 10 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally I always buy Private, but if not I only ever buy dealership. I'll never trust a car dealer in my life, too many swiss tony's out there.
A2H GO

4th Feb 10 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The book price difference between the 120 and the 150 is £525, ive made them an offer, if they give me £300 back(which i could use for a remap if i wanted) i will call it quits.

I think thats reasonable as i will loose £100 if i take it back anyway and in general im happy with the car. Plus ive had the experiance of driving it for a few days and can vouch for nothing needing doing.

Aslo, there are no other 2007 120's on the market with similar mileage for what i paid for this.

They are getting back to me.

[Edited on 04-02-2010 by CorsAsh-Sport]
whitter45

4th Feb 10 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt give him the pleasure of taking your money

he mis lead you and then started being arsey

Does that deserve 7200 in his back pocket i think not

Hit him were it hurts - in the pocket
DaveyLC

4th Feb 10 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh-Sport
The book price difference between the 120 and the 150 is £525, ive made them an offer, if they give me £300 back(which i could use for a remap if i wanted) i will call it quits.

Screw that.. demand the £525 back!

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I have no luck with cars :( UPDATED 22 database queries in 0.0176151 seconds