corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I HATE Speed Humps

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I HATE Speed Humps
timrud_

User status: Offline
6th Apr 06 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could take the car tonight if you wanted? But if you got somebody that can start it 2moro night you may as well wait for him? Its upto you! But for the sake of a day you may as well wait?

If the guy lets you down then let me know!
boyracer2002

6th Apr 06 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh will wait till i hear about 2moro off him then mate if thats ok
timrud_

6th Apr 06 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No probs, but I'll not be around friday or saturday. If you want him to do it let me know, I'll ring him, and you can drop it off (same road as Mikes).
boyracer2002

9th Apr 06 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting there now

Progress has started:

Quick pic from lasnite

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

9th Apr 06 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads of time to spare!

Mine still needs my irmsher airdam fitted and semi smooth boot

See you at donny in the wet paint area

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
boyracer2002

9th Apr 06 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ the wet paint area
drax

9th Apr 06 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by woodwardsbodyshop
i ain't trying to say anything except it wasn't me, now some people need to stop being complete arses to new users on this site

in work or at home, we all just leave it signed in on sites

and to think i was actually considering joining this site properly, fat chance now, too many arseholes on here thinking they are know it alls

[Edited on 05-04-2006 by woodwardsbodyshop]

Give it a rest mate, your 19. You have no experience..

All Torque

9th Apr 06 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stuartmitchell

9th Apr 06 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao
ed

9th Apr 06 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by boyracer2002
Nah not an everyday car luckily got a works car too.

My painter can blow flips in just had my front bumper repaired and he painted the corner you wouldnt know

he might be able to blend it in as best as poss but it will still be noticable in certain lights, my bodyshop (who subsequently spray for VAG) was explaining to me how flip paints work, the paint contains "prisms" and each edge of the prism contains a different colour which is what gives it the flip appearance of different colours.

He went on to say that when the paint is applied the prisms are laying in a certain direction, when you apply fresh paint it is impossible to determine which way these prisms are going to end up laying, and if they are laying in a differnt direction to how the were originally you will get a different flip colour and will stand out this is why whole sides or even whole cars need respraying to get a perfect flip finish

saying that a more discreet flip will be less noticable if blown in over a panel, however a more lairy flip will stand out a mile no matter how much blowing in you do.

Any flip where the panel isnt fully painted will always stand out to the trained eye tho

[Edited on 02-04-2006 by Steve]
There are chemicals that allow you to blend flip paint in, not perfectly though - but then even on a pearlescent paint which relys on the same concept of prisms for the solid part of he paint you cannot get a decent match, in fact, the same would apply to metalic too. But well done for regurgitating a well know fact anyway.

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I HATE Speed Humps 23 database queries in 0.0124981 seconds