corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Midweek thread sponsored by Giroud - The sexiest motherfucker in football

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Midweek thread sponsored by Giroud - The sexiest motherfucker in football
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
18th Feb 14 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
That game was fucking epic. Goals galore, had everything.

Show me a quote where anyone said it'll be a goal fest? We hoped though.

All i heard today was "THE TWO BEST ATTACKING TEAMS ON THE PLANET" "OVER A MILLION GOALS EACH THIS SEASON"

Knew it would be a let down. Its always the way.
Ben J

18th Feb 14 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ knows what we'll do tomorrow. Could get a result, could get a mauling.

[Edited on 18-02-2014 by Ben J]
Eck
Premium Member

18th Feb 14 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barca are a great attacking team, but not in a fun way. They don't throw everyone forward and shoot for fun sadly
mwg

19th Feb 14 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
I thought that was absolutely terrible from City, showed crazy amounts of respect for Barcelona.

Agree, Barcelona were walking round passing it amongst themselves with little to no pressure for a lot of the match.
Cavey

19th Feb 14 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
I thought that was absolutely terrible from City, showed crazy amounts of respect for Barcelona.

Agree, Barcelona were walking round passing it amongst themselves with little to no pressure for a lot of the match.

While I can see where Youre coming from. They allowed Barca to have the ball, Barca created nothing until the sending off, then the space opened up for them. City had the better of the chances in the first half, albeit, only 1 or 2.
Robbo

19th Feb 14 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
same. no idea why people are saying city deserved anything. Demichelis in being shit non-shocker.

I do believe I predicted last night almost spot on in the original CL draw thread
Robbo

19th Feb 14 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Kebab scored for P S Gee Nic

And Super Zlatan scored another peach for his collection They're already through.
not in with a shout of winning it but they could have a big say in who does IMO
mwg

19th Feb 14 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:

While I can see where Youre coming from. They allowed Barca to have the ball, Barca created nothing until the sending off, then the space opened up for them. City had the better of the chances in the first half, albeit, only 1 or 2.

Barca almost looked like they weren't trying really. So they had either run out of ideas or it was part of the plan to go to the Etihad and not take risks so they'd come away with a draw or narrow win to build on at the Nou Camp.
Rick Draper

19th Feb 14 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We stood off them last night and you just cannot do that. Demichelis is a car crash of a player and was a accident waiting to happen. He gets shown up week in week out by average premier league players so not quite sure we thought he would be up to it agains Messi. Still its not all over but it will be tough. Hopefully Aguero will be 100% come the second leg.
Robbo

19th Feb 14 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have to score 3 goals at the nou camp and hope they score none, its over.
Rick Draper

19th Feb 14 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

You really are even more ridiculous than I thought if with 90 minutes of any match to play you think its over
Hammer

19th Feb 14 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:

You are correct in saying they allowed them to have the ball which is exactly what everyone is saying they shouldn't have done.

City could have caused them problems last night if they had played on the front foot, instead they altered the tactics that have seen them score tons of goals and they were outdone by their own tactics. The sending off was a consequence of refusing to take the game to Barcelona in general.
Robbo

19th Feb 14 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:

You really are even more ridiculous than I thought if with 90 minutes of any match to play you think its over
so youre goign to win 3-0 at the nou camp are you? after they beat you 2-0 in your own backyard... hmmm...
Cavey

19th Feb 14 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:

You are correct in saying they allowed them to have the ball which is exactly what everyone is saying they shouldn't have done.

City could have caused them problems last night if they had played on the front foot, instead they altered the tactics that have seen them score tons of goals and they were outdone by their own tactics. The sending off was a consequence of refusing to take the game to Barcelona in general.

Second leg should be better then as they'll have to attack. Tbf, can't be much more boring than last night, was a big disappointment
Rick Draper

19th Feb 14 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:

so youre goign to win 3-0 at the nou camp are you? after they beat you 2-0 in your own backyard... hmmm...

I think anything is possible, especially back to full strength. Bayern beat them 3-0, I fail to see why we cannot do the same.

So if Bayern beat you 2-0 tonight you think arsenals tie will be over as well
Robbo

19th Feb 14 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, obviously... we arent goign to win 3-0 there either

bayern are a significantly better team than you are and went there with the security of a 4-0 home win, not a 2-0 home defeat! you goign there all gung ho needing to score will most likely result in you gettign pounded, with the most tiniest of miniscule chances that you might win by 3 clear goals
Rob_Quads

19th Feb 14 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also lets remember that your performance away from home has been far from consistent as well. Your home form has been stunning and you still lost there.
Hammer

19th Feb 14 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:

Second leg should be better then as they'll have to attack. Tbf, can't be much more boring than last night, was a big disappointment

A lot of folk have said that today, I thought the 90 minutes flew by but I enjoy watching Barca when they're playing well.

They're still not a patch on the Guardiola side though and Messi looks like he has some major problems just now be it off the field or with the system he's being asked to play in. There's a lot of talk about him dropping back to centre mid just now
mwg

19th Feb 14 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He got tackled a few times last night. Definitely not his normal self
sc0ott

19th Feb 14 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres not enough oil in the gulf to bring city back from 2-0 down.
Rick Draper

19th Feb 14 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Also lets remember that your performance away from home has been far from consistent as well. Your home form has been stunning and you still lost there.

Bayern away, came from behind and won didn't we

Lot more at stake in the away match than in the Bayern match as well so its going to be interesting.
Marc

19th Feb 14 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't see City progressing past this tie, nor do I see Arsenal, regardless if they get a result tonight.
Cavey

19th Feb 14 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arsenal have Sanogo playing tonight. They'll walk through.

Starting to think my BTTS and Bayern win bet was a tad stupid.
Eck
Premium Member

19th Feb 14 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Messi has been playing in a deep attacking role pinging passes about since returning from injury which is odd. Maybe just bringing himself in slowly but who knows!
Neither of the teams tonight have the ability to hold the ball like Barca, so I'd like to think it'll be a less boring affair. Can't wait!
Ben J

19th Feb 14 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sanogo!!! Awesome! We've never lost a CL game with Sanogo playing

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Midweek thread sponsored by Giroud - The sexiest motherfucker in football 23 database queries in 0.0177200 seconds