corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » JDM good at maping it appears not

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author JDM good at maping it appears not
Adam_B

User status: Offline
15th Oct 09 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the regular quarter mile times?
Linch

15th Oct 09 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what brakes are those!

[Edited on 15-10-2009 by Linch]
sand-eel

15th Oct 09 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that chip guy called "chipper" on other forums and does generic remaps?
Rick Draper

15th Oct 09 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel

Generally on other forums he is referred to as "bellend", "cocksucker", "muscle swallower", "cum feltcher" etc....
spikedjack

15th Oct 09 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not a fan of him either then rick?
chip

15th Oct 09 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel

No Im not
chip

16th Oct 09 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I like how all these expert mappers are proving that generic remaps are just about as good as expensive custom ones.

If you can look at whats basically a spreadsheet of the map and say whether it's good or not why would you take it to a rolling road to get the same?

If you look at the fuel map and it levels out the VE at a totally different point load wise to where the ignition map does, then you know that one of them is wrong, thats the biggest give away on that particular map.

You dont need to know anything about the engine its on or need a rolling road to see a fuckup of that magnitude.

Its also running FAR too much ignition in places for the spec of engine, which will cause detonation, which is what has killed the piston.
Rick Draper

16th Oct 09 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chip
quote:
I like how all these expert mappers are proving that generic remaps are just about as good as expensive custom ones.

If you can look at whats basically a spreadsheet of the map and say whether it's good or not why would you take it to a rolling road to get the same?

If you look at the fuel map and it levels out the VE at a totally different point load wise to where the ignition map does, then you know that one of them is wrong, thats the biggest give away on that particular map.

You dont need to know anything about the engine its on or need a rolling road to see a fuckup of that magnitude.

Its also running FAR too much ignition in places for the spec of engine, which will cause detonation, which is what has killed the piston.

Chip whats to have stopped anyone messing with the map say after holding it flat stick with fuel surge and melting the engine then coming home and altering the map to mask their own fault? IIRC Emerald does not have a map lock function such as other ecu's?
Muzzy@VauxhallScotland

16th Oct 09 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day something has happened to the engine and its wrecked, i dont know about mapping so i cant comment on what i've seen but that is a melted piston, i would imagine that considering it was only just mapped such a short length of time before that happened you would point fingers at the person who mapped it.

Im not pointing fingers or taking sides as its not my car or money, im just saying what it looks like to me.
chip

16th Oct 09 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by red_top_corsa
this what i meant mate
anyone ever seen nick barnes corsa go,

Yes, it goes pretty well and pulls the sort of terminals one would expect from a 450bhp or so car, even though it has a 600bhp turbo

Quote:
its 600bhp

Quote:
its never had engine trouble.

When I spoke to him last it was off the road with engine trouble

oh right, ive never ever said my car was 600bhp. it pulls terminal speeds of near 132mph which is pretty good. nothing really to defend myself over though as im not exactly concerned by what was said.

[Edited on 15-10-2009 by Nic Barnes]

That was more chip bullshit anyway.

No bullshit there, which bit is confusing you?

Nic has a GT35R, thats a 600bhp turbo, like I said.
Nic does 132mph terminals, thats 450bhp terminals, like I said.

For a reference point for my comment: Specky did 138mph terminal on 505bhp as an example
Rick Draper

16th Oct 09 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Muzzy@VauxhallScotland
At the end of the day something has happened to the engine and its wrecked, i dont know about mapping so i cant comment on what i've seen but that is a melted piston, i would imagine that considering it was only just mapped such a short length of time before that happened you would point fingers at the person who mapped it.

Im not pointing fingers or taking sides as its not my car or money, im just saying what it looks like to me.

I blew a gasket and melted the head with my mapper sat next to me and no blame was pointed in either direction, i guess if i had lifted the map from the ecu maybe I could have pointed fingers.

Maybe at time attack everytime a engine blows they should point fingers....
chip

16th Oct 09 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:
quote:

Chip whats to have stopped anyone messing with the map say after holding it flat stick with fuel surge and melting the engine then coming home and altering the map to mask their own fault? IIRC Emerald does not have a map lock function such as other ecu's?

There is nothing to have stopped Gary from altering the map, my comments were based on the map presented before me which he informs me JDM mapped, if you believe that Gary is lieing and that isnt the map that JDM gave him then talk to Gary about it as only he knows if that is true or not.
All I can say is that map, which he claims is the one JDM did for him, is terrible.

I cant imagine why he would have paid out so much money to have it mapped by someone only to then instantly edit it himself before he had even done a couple of hundred miles on it and he claims he didnt as well.
If you think he is a liar, tell him so.

Muzzy@VauxhallScotland

16th Oct 09 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I blew a gasket and melted the head with my mapper sat next to me and no blame was pointed in either direction, i guess if i had lifted the map from the ecu maybe I could have pointed fingers.

What im saying is thats the general reaction to things like this, im not saying its right or wrong but that's just the way it is.
chip

16th Oct 09 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Engines melt for various reasons, in the case if yours I believe you said it was a substandard exhaust valve for example?

Ive no idea what your map was like, so cant say if it has a fault in it or not, but this one most certainly DOES.
chip

16th Oct 09 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

What im saying is thats the general reaction to things like this, im not saying its right or wrong but that's just the way it is.

My reaction on the MIG thread is not a reaction to anything other than the fact that the map that was provided to me by the owner of the car, is a terrible map.
I'm not jumping on any bandwagon, just giving my honest opinion based on my experience and knowledge.

[Edited on 16-10-2009 by chip]
Rick Draper

16th Oct 09 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

There is nothing to have stopped Gary from altering the map, my comments were based on the map presented before me which he informs me JDM mapped, if you believe that Gary is lieing and that isnt the map that JDM gave him then talk to Gary about it as only he knows if that is true or not.
All I can say is that map, which he claims is the one JDM did for him, is terrible.

I cant imagine why he would have paid out so much money to have it mapped by someone only to then instantly edit it himself before he had even done a couple of hundred miles on it and he claims he didnt as well.
If you think he is a liar, tell him so.

I never claimed in that post anyone was i lier, i asked if Emerald had any function to lock a map and apparently it does not. Now if was a any mapper in the land i would be locking my maps as it saves a lot of this hassle if anything does go wrong and saving a signed(by the mapper and the mapped car owner) copy to present to everyone should there be a issue.
Muzzy@VauxhallScotland

16th Oct 09 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chip - I understand that you have experience with mapping, i didnt aim my comment in anyone in particular, i was just saying that on the internet people jump to conclusions whether they are right or wrong. Only the owner of the car and the tuner in question know the real answers to this, everyone else can just make judgements based on what they see.
chip

16th Oct 09 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I never claimed in that post anyone was i lier, i asked if Emerald had any function to lock a map and apparently it does not. Now if was a any mapper in the land i would be locking my maps as it saves a lot of this hassle if anything does go wrong and saving a signed(by the mapper and the mapped car owner) copy to present to everyone should there be a issue.

Thats fine providing you have customers happy to pay for you to map their car only to then lock the map and leave them unable to take it to anyone else in future if they make a change to the engine and it needs a tweak, as they would then have to pay for the new mapper to start from scratch, likewise if your previous mapper got knocked down by a bus or whatever.
I think its perfectly reasonable that most people expect a map they have paid for to then belong to them to be able to take to who they want in future to do further work on it, unless explicitly stated otherwise by the mapper.
spikedjack

16th Oct 09 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally i dont see why chip or anyone for that matter have involved himself this much.
Even the poor lad who's engine had the knackard piston hasnt kicked up as much fuss as this man, or even as much as the people arguing against him. In all honesty, people need to chill the fook out and understand that getting too serious about this lot takes out the fun of what we all love best, cars.

[Edited on 16-10-2009 by spikedjack]
chip

16th Oct 09 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Chip - I understand that you have experience with mapping, i didnt aim my comment in anyone in particular, i was just saying that on the internet people jump to conclusions whether they are right or wrong. Only the owner of the car and the tuner in question know the real answers to this, everyone else can just make judgements based on what they see.

Ordinarily I would agree with you, if it wasnt for the fact that the tables contradict each other so much and are just so blatantly full of errors in this instance.

When Gary asked me to look at the map, my initial reaction was "well I'll take a look but there isnt much point without the engine and car in front of me" but the errors in this are just so glaring that it makes no difference what engine it is for, its just plain wrong.

chip

16th Oct 09 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spikedjack
Personally i dont see why chip or anyone for that matter have involved himself this much.

I was asked to look at the map by the lad who owns the car

quote:
Even the poor lad who's engine had the knackard piston hasnt kicked up as much fuss as this man, or even as much as the people arguing against him. In all honesty, people need to chill the fook out and understand that getting too serious about this lot takes out the fun of what we all love best, cars.

[Edited on 16-10-2009 by spikedjack]

Enjoying cars is more fun if your engine still works, my replies are aimed at helping people understand the risks they face from a poor mapping job.

Ian
Site Administrator

16th Oct 09 at 00:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's an idea, why doesn't everyone email you the map after its done and you can check them all for a tenner.

You'll be rich and no engines will ever blow up again in the future.
Rick Draper

16th Oct 09 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats you opinion on the latest outcomings of the mig thread chip? Altering spring poundage by shimming lifters? Sounds like nuts to me...
Rick Draper

16th Oct 09 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Here's an idea, why doesn't everyone email you the map after its done and you can check them all for a tenner.

You'll be rich and no engines will ever blow up again in the future.

Or pay me the monies and i will live like a migweb owner
chip

16th Oct 09 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

I dont do work on cars for money, its just my hobby, im happy to look at a map for anyone who wants it looked at though, but unless its a job as ameteur as the one that Gary presented me with there isnt a lot of point generally as you need the car normally to know if the map is right or not, perfectly possible for a map to look ok, but be totally wrong for the engine its intended for.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » JDM good at maping it appears not 22 database queries in 0.0113409 seconds