corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had a crash last night *UPDATE - Chav wanker* *compo update*

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Had a crash last night *UPDATE - Chav wanker* *compo update*
Liam

User status: Offline
6th Mar 06 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh, imo you have definatly done the right thing by going through the insurance because you got quoted for 2.5K didnt you? so being a CHAV on benefits he will not be able to afford that

[Edited on 06-03-2006 by LiamD]
Lynny

6th Mar 06 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiamD
Yeh, imo you have definatly done the right thing by going through the insurance because you got quoted for 2.5K didnt you? so being a CHAV on benefits he will not be able to afford that

well at first we thought it would just be new bumper and spraying so was lookin at £500 tops, thats when he said he'l pay. took the car to garage today, obviously they checked the damage underneath discovering the need for a new crash panel, cross member and boot floor, plus they noticed damage to the tailgate (washed car today and by removing the mud found more scratches). when i text the lad saying it was goina be £2.5k he started saying i was pulling a fast one etc! was garage that quoted me! thing is that was just a standard garage, by going through insurance theyre taking it to a vauxhall dealer so will prolly cost more!!
Robbo

6th Mar 06 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lynny_sxi
stop hijacking my thread
Get... To... ... ... Well you know the rest
Liam

6th Mar 06 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
stop hijacking my thread
Get... To... ... ... Well you know the rest

Liam

6th Mar 06 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LiamD

well at first we thought it would just be new bumper and spraying so was lookin at £500 tops, thats when he said he'l pay. took the car to garage today, obviously they checked the damage underneath discovering the need for a new crash panel, cross member and boot floor, plus they noticed damage to the tailgate (washed car today and by removing the mud found more scratches). when i text the lad saying it was goina be £2.5k he started saying i was pulling a fast one etc! was garage that quoted me! thing is that was just a standard garage, by going through insurance theyre taking it to a vauxhall dealer so will prolly cost more!!

Yeh and there would not be a chance in hell he would be able to afford that amount of cash no way!
Lynny

6th Mar 06 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

robbo - suck my plums
liam - exactly, plus least this way my back is covered in any legal sense
James_DT

6th Mar 06 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And in the end, that's what insurance is for. Hope it's all sorted out ASAP.
Lynny

6th Mar 06 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

feel relieved to have told them now. plus next week looks like am gettin a civic for few days while mines gettin fixed
the_legend_of_yrag

6th Mar 06 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And because of idiots like him, insurance is so high!!
Gavin_G

7th Mar 06 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You did the right thing by telling the insurance company *nods*

Imagine you didnt and 2 weeks later realised the extent of the damage to your car! Would have royally f@rked yourself!

Don't worry even if it does go to Court, he's not got a leg to stand on!
drax

7th Mar 06 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Send some big black fellas round in balaclavas if he keeps all on
Doug_SRi

7th Mar 06 at 00:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Thing with muscular type injurys is they often don't flair up too badly until a few hours after the accident.

i had an accident on my way to college 18 months ago, was quite bad since it caused £8k damage to my corsa. my only injuries were that the airbag pushed my hand off the steering wheel and it hit the door so i had a suspected broken wrist, 30 mins in hospital they said i could go as it wasnt, got home and rang insurance etc, then took my mums car to college which was the worst decision i have made for a while, my back became really sore around 5hrs after the accident and this lasted 4 weeks but all came good in the end, brand new car, ncb wasnt affected and got some compensation altho it took a year to sort out. One thing i noticed some insurance companies seem to add around £50 even if you have had a non fault claim
Doug_SRi

7th Mar 06 at 01:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa808
they will ask you why you didnt call the police immediately (as you should with all car accidents)

then again, somtimes they dont even turn up if you do

I might be wrong but i think if you swap details at the scene and no one is injured then there is no need to contact the police.
Lynny

7th Mar 06 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant believe the cost and hassle involved with this! so far iv paid out £25 for estimate on car, over £30 on mediczl bills (just for reporting accident to NHS and recieving pain killers, still got the physio etc yet), tank of petrol driving round, endless phone calls, plus other bits and pieces, had my solicitors and garage on phone at 8:30 this morning stressed to fk with it! the lad involved has been sending me quite nasty messages and giving both myself and my dad dodgy phone calls all night
Edd

7th Mar 06 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

phone the police if he is acting like that,they will take a statement and it can all be used as evidence
Lynny

7th Mar 06 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
phone the police if he is acting like that,they will take a statement and it can all be used as evidence

i told the solicitor this morning, they are contacting him now telling him not to get in contact with me again and if they do then it will basically cause more hassle for themselves, iv also kept all texts, phone records etc. according to the lad hes goina fight it and sue me
Jambo

7th Mar 06 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

record everything keep all txt message lynny.

Insurance was awesome for me when some lady drove into me, she was totaly in the wrong, saw i was young and had a modded corsa so tried to pin it on me. Wanted me to give her £1k + for fixing her car

I went thru insurance, she got nothing other than a bill for repairing her car. I kept all my NCB and everything.

You did the best thing. As hes a chav hes resorted to threatning/violent behaviour as he knows no better due ot a lack of intelligence.

But keep it all recorded, tell your insurance your being hassled, they will have dealt with that kind of thing before and can advise you on what to do

Hope he gets a shafting
Lynny

7th Mar 06 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think he tried the same, knew i was young (even tho hes 17/18 himself) and tried to get me to play into his hands, end of day i tried to not get insurance involved, but with the amount of damage plus all the other expenses this si costing me, i had to, but now the fact that hes being a twat to me makes me wanna push it as far as i can!
Jambo

7th Mar 06 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont speak to him lynny, just ignore but document everything he says/does.

I was in egypt on holiday and i was getting voicemails from this twat going WHY ARENT U TALKING TO ME!!!??? hahahahaha Was halarious.

I wanted to send her a msg after insurance refused to pay out for her going>>

ha ha i won ner ner ner ner ner
Lynny

7th Mar 06 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing i dont get it, does he think that by sending me nasty messages im goina turn round a drop everything? at first just thought car needed new bumper so we thought it was couple hundred quid, but yesterday after mechanic looked at it and saw all the underside is damaged; cross member, crash panel, boot floor etc, i rang the guy saying its £2k+ and he started going on saying im pulling a fast one, wtf! why would the garage lie
JadeM
Premium Member

7th Mar 06 at 10:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got his insurance details yet??

Hope you get it all sorted out - bad enough someone running into you without them being a tosser about it - he knows hes not got a leg to stand on!!
Liam

7th Mar 06 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i told the solicitor this morning, they are contacting him now telling him not to get in contact with me again and if they do then it will basically cause more hassle for themselves, iv also kept all texts, phone records etc. according to the lad hes goina fight it and sue me

He can try and sue you but he doesnt have a leg to stand on like others have been saying, and I think you should get the police to take a statement about all of the malicious phone calls and texts etc etc.
cunningham

7th Mar 06 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no offence to what you did lynny but i would have called the police he possibly could have been drinking or on drugs you can never know

he might go all the way even though he is oviously guilty but they all chicken out just before you have to go to court and admit liability if he was speeding in those conditions anyways serves him right as said before its folk like that as to why our insurance i higher
Lynny

7th Mar 06 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as people said though, doesnt it count as wasting police time if theres nothing they can actualyl do, he didnt smell of alcohol etc and didnt show any of the signs of being under the influence or i definantly would have, just seemed liek typical young lad, just passed test and too much confidence! defo reason why insuarance is too high
Ally

7th Mar 06 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by corsa808
they will ask you why you didnt call the police immediately (as you should with all car accidents)

then again, somtimes they dont even turn up if you do

thought it wasnt necassary if both parties sort out details themselves etc? spoke to insurance today (for half an hour) and they never mentioned the police etc?

Its not lynny dont worry, when a woman drove into me i called the police as i was worried if something came from it i could get done for not ringing them, and i was told i shouldnt have called them as it wasnt serious/a danger to anyone else etc

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had a crash last night *UPDATE - Chav wanker* *compo update* 22 database queries in 0.0159140 seconds