corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  32    33    34    35    36    37    38  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
shaunmods
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Nov 09 at 22:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry about this guys. Blame photobucket not me I've rehosted the last update piccies anyway the rest will be back up very soon

[Edited on 02-01-2010 by shaunmods]
speedy 172

27th Nov 09 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love it the 3/4 plate is ilegal yea ?
Corsa_Scotty

29th Nov 09 at 02:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say it depends on the copper tbh.
shaunmods
Premium Member

1st Dec 09 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah its not legal. Its for show use only though

Me and my dad spent some time on sunday trying to sort the back of the car out. where the back panel has been pushed back and up the new boot wouldnt close properly. The lock was just hitting the back panel we spent a good while reshaping the back and moving the panel back to its original shape. Had to make some adjustments to the p/s rear light as well as it was slightly bent inwards. The boot now closes though It still needs a little bit of adjustment, needs to move over the the left a couple of mm to be perfect

The rear panel still needs a lot of work though. We've started to remove the main creases. Its better than it was but there loads more still to do

Also now have the rest of the black plastics fitted into my interior All black now woop! Bought a new boot carpet and P/S door pocket too off Luke (cayenne15) cheers dude Looks 100% better!

More updates coming very soon!
AndyCorsaSport

1st Dec 09 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spot on Shaun, life the boot up like half way, and push from the side of the car on the boot, across to the other side, give it a bit of a nudge, that will move it across the little it needs to go
shaunmods
Premium Member

1st Dec 09 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Andy, I'll have to give that a go Only needs to move over a tiny amount so that should do the trick!
STEvieXE

19th Dec 09 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shoving the boot accross will lift it up at whatever side ur going to.

much better to slacken the hinges bolts a little and knock the hinges over. will move and not fuck anything else up
Ollie_B

1st Jan 10 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update?
shaunmods
Premium Member

1st Jan 10 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

updates coming very soon Ollie, promise
Ollie_B

1st Jan 10 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't wait
speedy 172

1st Jan 10 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hurry up shaun !!!!!!
SeanXE

2nd Jan 10 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look forward to it matee
stantonio

2nd Jan 10 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just spent ages reading this project lmao.

I love it as it looks like mine, but i have Gsi skirts and black pro race 1.2's

So i'm loving these ideas as i was going to semi smooth my boot off but i like my c+c boot grab handle so i'm just going to have my rear punto wiper smoothed off

I've got a new bonnet waiting to go on mine aswell so i'm defo loving the frsh look.

But i'm gutted for you mate with the damage and all.

Hope you get it fully sorted and then its back and better than before!!!
shaunmods
Premium Member

3rd Jan 10 at 16:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didnt make as much progress as I wanted today Bloody cold weather! after slicing my finger open but not realising because it was that cold until I'd got blood everywhere I thought I'd better call it a day

I really need a warmish day so I can get stuck in! Still managed to get some work done over the last couple of days. We started to disconnect the engine All the coolent has been drained out of it now and all the hoses have been disconnected. I've removed all the other bits and bobs like the airbox, header tank, battery + tray etc and discounted the wiring loom. We did plan to have the engine out by today but had to stop because I don't have the right size socket to undo the hub nuts so I can take the drive shafts out Anyone know what size socket I need? Also having a bit of a ball ache trying to seperate the cat from the upper part of the manifold so I need to look into how I do that. After all thats sorted its ready to drop out

As soon as the engines out I can get the car up on axel stands so I can start cleaning everything and undersealing all the arches, underside etc so its all spanking.

Quickly put the Irmscher bumper back on as well to mark where my exhaust recess needs to be. The boot and bumpers have all been taken off now and are being taken to the bodyshop tommorrow

Also had my new clutch kit turn up!

Ordered a few more bits as well:

- 16v Radiator, need to sort a slimline fan still
- Cambelt kit
- 16v Cat

I'm taking a lot of bits to be powdercoated tommorrow as well I've decided to change the colour of the rocker cover. Think its just going to look too dark against all the white bodywork.

Really hoping the weather is better next weekend! I want this 12v lump out asap lol

[Edited on 03-01-2010 by shaunmods]
evans_corsab

3rd Jan 10 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

32mm on the hub nuts pal good progress
Minty_Fresh

3rd Jan 10 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coming on well shaun

keep it up..
pow
Premium Member

3rd Jan 10 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

32mm on the hub nuts Sean! Halfords do one off the shelf!

Looking fantastic
shaunmods
Premium Member

3rd Jan 10 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh nice one lads I'll have to try and get one tommorrow if I get time, cheers for that
Corsa_Scotty

3rd Jan 10 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.0 looks even smaller when you remove the airbox Good work mate
Ollie_B

3rd Jan 10 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good!, today i've done all the central locking, and electric windows on the 1.6, and i sliced my finger open without knowing aswell , hasn't gone above -0.5 here today!
Bonney

3rd Jan 10 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think its about £7.50 for a halfords professional deep 32mm socket 1/2" drive. Bit less on the trade card. Just got one myself!
Sean-B

3rd Jan 10 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's definitely 30mm.
Mark.W

3rd Jan 10 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work Sean keep it up
ali_corsa

3rd Jan 10 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why dont you just drop the shock absorber from the hub undo the lower arm bolts and the anti roll bar ones, tre nut and pull the shaft out, then you dont need the socket?

[Edited on 03-01-2010 by ali_corsa]
MarkSport

3rd Jan 10 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true ali but surely he has different shafts for the x16? remember shaun if you need any help mate im only round the corner.

<<  32    33    34    35    36    37    38  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 23 database queries in 0.0237091 seconds