corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Outta my way

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Outta my way
bigboykarl

User status: Offline
3rd Oct 13 at 06:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe i'm watching something completely different to you lot...what ever they were doing,surrounding him brake checking him(and u can't really brake check a car they stop much quicker than bikes) doesn't deserve him to drive through the lot of them...he maybe should have called the police after the first incident........maybe i should make some generalisations about rich bankers thinking they can get away with murder..as most of you have about bikers
Nath

3rd Oct 13 at 06:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or you could read up about it?
spencer88

3rd Oct 13 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigboykarl
maybe i'm watching something completely different to you lot...what ever they were doing,surrounding him brake checking him(and u can't really brake check a car they stop much quicker than bikes) doesn't deserve him to drive through the lot of them...he maybe should have called the police after the first incident........maybe i should make some generalisations about rich bankers thinking they can get away with murder..as most of you have about bikers

Are you joking?

Please tell me you are joking.
John

3rd Oct 13 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if you were in a car, with wife and kids, surrounded by scores of angry leather wearers, you'd be cool with that? Even considering you've read this thread and know he was eventually hospitalised, confirming his earlier fears?
Nath

3rd Oct 13 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

100% a biker.
bigboykarl

3rd Oct 13 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
So if you were in a car, with wife and kids, surrounded by scores of angry leather wearers, you'd be cool with that? Even considering you've read this thread and know he was eventually hospitalised, confirming his earlier fears?

who said they were angry..it was a minor traffic altercation with no damage caused you have no evidence they were angry...if he was fearful he should have called the police end of.....he was hospitalised because he ran them over..nothing to do with his earlier fears
ex biker ..haven't had one since 2008 ..just somebody who has watched the video objectively..
Gary
Premium Member

3rd Oct 13 at 07:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A 2 tonne RR will stop quicker than a bike? Ok
bigboykarl

3rd Oct 13 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

of course it will..it has 4 very wide tyres with large contact patches with the tarmac
Gary
Premium Member

3rd Oct 13 at 07:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No it won't.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Oct 13 at 07:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
of course it will..it has 4 very wide tyres with large contact patches with the tarmac

It also has a lot more kinetic energy to stop, I suspect you are stupid.
Gary
Premium Member

3rd Oct 13 at 07:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just gonna Leave this here

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/83522930/
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Oct 13 at 08:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are guilty for me just because they call themselves "Hollywood Stuntz"
Jamie Walby

3rd Oct 13 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I can tell you it would not.
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Oct 13 at 08:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:

Just a quick google and the answer is not as you'd expect.

The RR Sport supercharged (I know it has massive brakes) stops from 60mph in 131 feet
A 2010 Yamaha R1 stops from 60mph in..... 131 feet
bigboykarl

3rd Oct 13 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKe6WhFLmi0
Gary
Premium Member

3rd Oct 13 at 08:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats an R8 ffs, You just said 'cars', i'd like to see that test with a normal car.

In general bikes stop quicker. Fact.
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Oct 13 at 08:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

R8 V10 with ceramics?
bigboykarl

3rd Oct 13 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
quote:

The RR Sport supercharged (I know it has massive brakes) stops from 60mph in 131 feet

anybody can stop a car within 95% of that time u just stamp your foot and pray...the person who tested that r1 is a skilled test rider who 95% of normal bikers wouldn't get that time/distance
i always remember the old autocar tests 0-100-0 they usually had a bike in there that blitzed all the cars 0-100 but came last in the 100-0

Balling
Premium Member

3rd Oct 13 at 08:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't even matter if the car stops a fraction of a second faster or not. If he's not expecting the bike to suddenly brake, then his reaction time would eat any benefit he might have had from those Audi R8 brakes he's had fitted to his lightened Range Rover.

Robin
Premium Member

3rd Oct 13 at 08:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
R8 V10 with ceramics?

380mm ceramic fronts, 356mm ceramic rears...
Gary
Premium Member

3rd Oct 13 at 08:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
the person who tested that r1 is a skilled test rider who 95% of normal bikers wouldn't get that time/distance

What about this video i posted? Just a normal rider.
baza31

3rd Oct 13 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I had of been in that with my mrs and kids I would of run over any fucker that tried blocking me in or potential to cause any harm to my family, I would of dealt with conveniences after . The biker shouldn't of done what he did in front of kids . Deserves locking up for that alone
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Oct 13 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

anybody can stop a car within 95% of that time u just stamp your foot and pray...the person who tested that r1 is a skilled test rider who 95% of normal bikers wouldn't get that time/distance
i always remember the old autocar tests 0-100-0 they usually had a bike in there that blitzed all the cars 0-100 but came last in the 100-0

I'm glad you said this.

Actually, the R1 figure was mentioned all over the internet as a bike which takes a disappointingly long time to stop. The norm is 120ft.

The range rover sport is actually pretty damn good at stopping as it's got huge brakes. Lower models take a fair bit longer, more like 140ft.
Jamie Walby

3rd Oct 13 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have driven a load of Range Rovers and never been impressed with their stopping power from a high speed.

The bikes I have ridden always felt like they stopped extremely well.
bigboykarl

3rd Oct 13 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats cos you've never ridden my old honda c90

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Outta my way 23 database queries in 0.0155451 seconds