corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I have no luck with cars :( UPDATED

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I have no luck with cars :( UPDATED
A2H GO

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by !_roderzz_!
not your fault i meant his fault..

I know what you ment dude.
A2H GO

3rd Feb 10 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
ask to speak to manager. threaten to sue.

if they do nothing.... sue

suing is fun! i've sued twice and won twice.

[Edited on 03-02-2010 by adiohead]

He is the manager, its his company.

Tell me more about suing
adiohead

3rd Feb 10 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much would you have to sue for? (if it went to that).

small claims limit is £5k i think. i've only ever used moneyclaim online to sue but i think it's small claims only.

A2H GO

3rd Feb 10 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH id be happy with my money back plus additional costs incurred, ie. £40 fuel if i have to take the car back, £25 admin fee for insurance change over plus any money i will loose cashing the tax disk back in.
Nath

3rd Feb 10 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ, that manager bloke sounds like a right prick. Fuck him over mate!
noshua

3rd Feb 10 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh-Sport
TBH id be happy with my money back plus additional costs incurred, ie. £40 fuel if i have to take the car back, £25 admin fee for insurance change over plus any money i will loose cashing the tax disk back in.

Have you mentioned to him that you would rather have your money back?
adiohead

3rd Feb 10 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd recommend getting some proper legal advice, or speak to your local citizens advice bureau. a solicitor will cost you (unless you know one).

i had a solicitor friend take a look at my last case when i sued the council for pothole damage.

he actually advised me not to go ahead as the courts usually side with the councils.

i ignored him in the end, but it was still nice to have.

it ended up being settled out of court (technically, i didn't win...but i still got my money back).

you need to make sure you have print outs and screen shots of the advert, emails, etc.

make sure you write another letter to the company. don't be aggressive, just give the facts and your demands. include copies of the emails and advert.

adiohead

3rd Feb 10 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh, and in the letter: say that you're going to write to the local press (local to his garage) and watchdog.
Simon

3rd Feb 10 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Give him an email so that you get things in writing from him, mention where you will take it if is is not resolved, see what happens. Completely his fault, he is a car dealer, should know exactly what the car is
ryzer

3rd Feb 10 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sue the fucker!
A2H GO

3rd Feb 10 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I made it clear to him that i only want to be in the position i was was in yesterday before i bought the car, i dont want any extra money but i dont want to be out of pocket either.

He was not interested because for this to happen, he himself will be out of pocket(depreciated car, £250 for 3 months warrenty etc).

Ive written a letter which will be sent recorded delivery tomorow stating the above. I don't know what else i can do, ive looked into small claims court but initial costs are silly.
ryzer

3rd Feb 10 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

consult a solicitor, they will advise you on your case, dont worry too much about costs as they will be handed to the loser
corsa_paz

3rd Feb 10 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

small claim is the way forward..you will have everything reinbursted back to you (if he in to be found in the wrong). Keep paper work and receipts of anything to show as evidence.

I've been through small claims, and it can get annoying and long winded, but get a good solictor to advice you on what to do next mate

Regardless if he says he was none the wiser and didnt know about the spec, its not your fault and he has to compensate you for his mistake/error/stupidness

Good luck Pal
John

3rd Feb 10 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you test drive it before you took it out?

The silver one is really expensive.
Kano

3rd Feb 10 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As for the documents not saying 120 or 150 I have a 150cdti and it is clearly down as a 150 exterior pack on my v5.

He doesnt have a leg to stand on so stand your ground. If he was to offer discount I'd take the 120, there thought to be stronger engines than the 150's and can be mapped to around 170 so not a huge problem.

Red 'ti' on the boot badging is the easy sign its a 150 from outside by the way, but you shouldn't have to know that.
Ojc

3rd Feb 10 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really hope you have printed out both of the adverts on Pistonheads and on Autotrader?
Kano

3rd Feb 10 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read the advert, whats the story with the grill? Its missing the badge and the chrome.
A2H GO

3rd Feb 10 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have printed out both adverts and have copies of both in paper and electronical forms.

As you can see from the pics, the boot was debadged. I was under the impression the 8v 120 only map to 150?

John, yes the silver one is stupidly expensive. I did test drive it but having only driven petrol cars previously i wouldnt have known the difference power wise between the 120 and the 150 through 'feel' alone.
A2H GO

3rd Feb 10 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They have jsut called me back asking me to drop the car off tomorrow and i can have my money back as someone else wants to come look at it tomorrow night.

I explained that i have work commitments and the soonest i can get it back down to them is Saturday. He again was not happy and put the phone down on me. Doing my head in now.
Dan.H

3rd Feb 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell him to come get the car if he wants it back
A2H GO

3rd Feb 10 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He said it like hes doing me a favour taking it back, but i would have to bend over backwards to make it happen

Ojc

3rd Feb 10 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least now you are getting a refund, anyone else avaliable to take it back for you?
A2H GO

3rd Feb 10 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
At least now you are getting a refund, anyone else avaliable to take it back for you?

No. I could ask them if they want to meet halfway in manchester tonight, thay way they will have it for tomorrow. Bit weary about giving it back without the money being in my bank though.
whitter45

3rd Feb 10 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would try and get over there and hand it back

But make sure you get a bank transfer etc

Once the money is cleared i would consult local or national newspapers detailing your experience
whitter45

3rd Feb 10 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh-Sport
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

No. I could ask them if they want to meet halfway in manchester tonight, thay way they will have it for tomorrow. Bit weary about giving it back without the money being in my bank though.

do not give it him back without a banker draft or bank transfer - he ripped you off with the car there is a chance he will make it difficult to get your money back

[Edited on 03-02-2010 by whitter45]

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I have no luck with cars :( UPDATED 22 database queries in 0.0173011 seconds