corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The NEW Max Power

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The NEW Max Power
SVM 286

User status: Offline
1st Apr 07 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mantamark
RIP Retro Cars

I wondered where it had gone.
SVM 286

1st Apr 07 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and btw Ed, if you sit down and read the first three issues of Max Power I think you'll know what you need to do.
Max ed

2nd Apr 07 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the feedback guys. We are working to get more cars in the mag to ensure we include as many genres of modifying as poss. Cheers. S
jr

2nd Apr 07 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are loads of cars i would like to see max p feature (well genre of car anyway) but had a look at the most recent mag and am impressed

so so much better than before, certainly taken advice and comments on bourd which is nice to see

RS turbo feature was spot on maybe continue themes like that with past icons, or cars that started of the trend for saxo's and 106gti's etc

[Edited on 02-04-2007 by jr]
Max ed

3rd Apr 07 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for all this feedback guys. The whole point of the relaunch was to start making something for you lot and we're getting there. We will be doing lots more in depth stuff on icons and I would love to see pix of your cars so we can think about featuring them. Please send snaps to daniel.sherwood@emap.com (features ed). Cheers and maybe see you at Donny?
jr

3rd Apr 07 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good stuff, a more in depth version of what evo have at the back of there mag would be good, but real world cars instead of supercars

good stuff anyway
Marc

3rd Apr 07 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:
Originally posted by mantamark
RIP Retro Cars

I wondered where it had gone.

I have the first issue, should I store it in a cool dark vault for a few years?
Cybermonkey

3rd Apr 07 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Max ed
Good morning guys,

I'm not sure if any of you remember but I logged on a couple of months ago to talk about the changes to Max. As we are now three issues in and still fine tuning it I thought it would be a good idea to try and get some feedback and we continue to create a better magazine for you guys again.
Has anyone seen it this month? Any thoughts?

You need to hire Ross Thomson to be honest.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/quantumcapture/collections/72157594587979735/

his email: quantum-capture@tiscali.co.uk

[Edited on 03-04-2007 by Cybermonkey]
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Apr 07 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

change the name and il buy it
Marc

3rd Apr 07 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VAG Driver?
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Apr 07 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VAG ina
Matt H

3rd Apr 07 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will poeple stop talking about changing the name, it won't happen & I don't blame them.
dna23

3rd Apr 07 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
Will poeple stop talking about changing the name, it won't happen & I don't blame them.

Also could we stop taking the piss, at least Max Ed is listening to what people have to say and open to constructive criticism but keep it constructive not just silly comments.

I may pick up a copy of next months Max Power and let you know what I think, the main problem is your target audience. Have you decided what it's going to be yourself yet?
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Apr 07 at 13:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i disagree, i think it has a bad name, and needs to change for a fresh start

the name puts people off buying
K2 GTi

3rd Apr 07 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with Steve. Max Power just makes me think of fibreglass and neon washer jets
dna23

3rd Apr 07 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:

i disagree, i think it has a bad name, and needs to change for a fresh start

the name puts people off buying

I think the point we're getting at is that to rename a company such as Max Power the cost would be phenomenal and the repercussions in terms of shows, adverts, media, emails, website .etc .etc would probably for the profit they pull in not warrant that change.

I agree with you that it's now a bad name for the magazine and it does need a fresh start but I dont think its economically viable to do so through a changed name. Maybe an entirely different magazine layout and colour scheme .etc
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Apr 07 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Skoda had a bad rep, it took them a while, but they don't get laughed at as much now.

Totally depends on the target market though, I probably won't buy it, but I never have, whereas some of the lads I know still buy it, because it's what they like.
Matt H

3rd Apr 07 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should McDonalds rename themselves then? They want a new image, and are the biggest & best known in their field.

You think you fast food - you think McDonalds

You think modified car - you think Max Power

Max got its image by featuring a certain type of car & appelaing to a certain type of reader. Im fully confident that they could do this again with a change in the style of car they feature & aiming it at an older age group.
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Apr 07 at 15:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think there's any need to aim at an older age group TBH, new people buy it, the people who used to don't anymore, much like the Beano.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Apr 07 at 15:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Should McDonalds rename themselves then? They want a new image, and are the biggest & best known in their field.

You think you fast food - you think McDonalds

You think modified car - you think Max Power

Max got its image by featuring a certain type of car & appelaing to a certain type of reader. Im fully confident that they could do this again with a change in the style of car they feature & aiming it at an older age group.

indeed, if McDonalds changed there format into executive restaurants, would you take a bird for an exclusive date, if it was still called McDonalds?
corb

3rd Apr 07 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They should feature my car tbh

Im intrigued now by all your comments, so am gonna have to get a copy of it tomorrow and see what the change is all about, but is it still about £5.50?
Daimo B

4th Apr 07 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still not picked it up, but having looked at the covers, its definatly going the right way.

Oh, also, i see you need a new events organisor..... Match my wages and i'll organise the best Max Power Live ever....

http://corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=351057
Marc

4th Apr 07 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dna23
I think the point we're getting at is that to rename a company such as Max Power the cost would be phenomenal and the repercussions in terms of shows, adverts, media, emails, website .etc .etc would probably for the profit they pull in not warrant that change.

Tell that to Cif
Superlite Ltd.

4th Apr 07 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark1984_SRI
I got Feb 2007's issue, and towards the back there was an article regarding £6000 hot hatches, and which ones the best. I have one query this model Civic Type R won...

Could someone, show me one of these model Type R's for £6000 or under that isn't crash damaged/repaired

mk4 ibiza should have won that
Steve
Premium Member

6th Apr 07 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new max power is no longer a modified car magazine. its like GQ for cars. its certainly not targeting the reader that redline, fast car etc are

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The NEW Max Power 22 database queries in 0.0157690 seconds