corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car ready to roll tomorrow

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car ready to roll tomorrow
jr

User status: Offline
5th Jan 07 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMo it is standard, the reg will have whats standard fitted to the car, it hasnt had any extra mods since beeing built, and therefore standard
MarkM

5th Jan 07 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All will be well Oliver...

Patience
Scotty_B

5th Jan 07 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
WTF Since when did optional wheels become classed as a modification?

My brother had 14" Peugeot alloys on his 306 and when he crashed the insurance told him that his model didn't come with alloys standard and they didn't pay out. He bought the car 2nd hand and assumed as they were pug wheels they came as standard.
Ojc

5th Jan 07 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
Also I was allowed to drive my car away from Vauxhall without having to prove insurance etc...

This may have something to do with my Dad being mates with the general manager though who I dealt with...

Well the plot thickens, this pisses me off that we are going through all this crap running around like blue arsed flys to make sure we can pick the car up tomorrow and yet you didn't need insurance proof. Such crap.
MarkM

5th Jan 07 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
IMo it is standard, the reg will have whats standard fitted to the car, it hasnt had any extra mods since beeing built, and therefore standard

Incorrect the reg only states what model it is...not if any extras have been added...

The V5 of mine doesnt say Astra SRI CDTI with Exterior pack...it just says SRI etc...

My invoice from Vauxhall does state the car comes with the exterior pack though...and my insurance are aware...thats the main thing really..
Tom

5th Jan 07 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck me what a big old pain in the ass. Hope you can get it sorted and enjoy it this weekend
MarkM

5th Jan 07 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Also I was allowed to drive my car away from Vauxhall without having to prove insurance etc...

This may have something to do with my Dad being mates with the general manager though who I dealt with...

Well the plot thickens, this pisses me off that we are going through all this crap running around like blue arsed flys to make sure we can pick the car up tomorrow and yet you didn't need insurance proof. Such crap.

My dads mates the general manager so that may have something to do with it? Also mine wasnt brand new it was an ex demonstrator so pre-registered to the showroom...
jr

5th Jan 07 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No what i mean is, say the worst happens and its in a crash, the insurance asser would view it, say he thought the wheels where non standard

he would get a dealer to view the PR codes on the car via the reg or chassis number, and view what spec the car should be, if the car is per the spec then surely its hasnt been modiffied
Ojc

5th Jan 07 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ours is a year old Mark If it didn't tax there wouldn't be a problem, surely the Vaux garage have trade insurance so they can tax a fcuking car FFS?
MarkM

5th Jan 07 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
No what i mean is, say the worst happens and its in a crash, the insurance asser would view it, say he thought the wheels where non standard

he would get a dealer to view the PR codes on the car via the reg or chassis number, and view what spec the car should be, if the car is per the spec then surely its hasnt been modiffied

I dont really understand what your going on about ha
Ojc

5th Jan 07 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr

There is a thread on VXRonline with simular comments to yours James where by you do not have to declare the 19's for this very reason.

Your on fire today dear boy.
BYRON

5th Jan 07 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
surely the Vaux garage have trade insurance so they can tax a fcuking car FFS?

It will
MarkM

5th Jan 07 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Ours is a year old Mark If it didn't tax there wouldn't be a problem, surely the Vaux garage have trade insurance so they can tax a fcuking car FFS?

If its not brand new I dont know why it hasnt got tax on already...or why someone at Vauxhall couldnt have taxed it today or yesterday to ensure you had it...

Cant garages tax cars anyway?
MarkM

5th Jan 07 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by jr

There is a thread on VXRonline with simular comments to yours James where by you do not have to declare the 19's for this very reason.

Your on fire today dear boy.

Im lost with his point
John

5th Jan 07 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Admiral online quotes specifically ask if you have manufacturer options iirc.

I'd chance my arm at not telling them but i'd still know i should have.
Ojc

5th Jan 07 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

If its not brand new I dont know why it hasnt got tax on already...or why someone at Vauxhall couldnt have taxed it today or yesterday to ensure you had it...

There you go, I don't get it? They have trade insurance, tax the car today, we pay tomorrow everyone is happy? They are fucking idiots.
MarkM

5th Jan 07 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Admiral online quotes specifically ask if you have manufacturer options iirc.

I'd chance my arm at not telling them but i'd still know i should have.

I declared mine as I didnt want the situation of me having an accident and them returning the car to me with standard SRI bodywork and standard 17" SRI alloys....

They stated it didnt increase my premium anyway so im just covering my own back...I have an accident and I get the car back with exactly the same bits on it has now (exterior pack)...

Simple..
Tom

5th Jan 07 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't believe you didn't negotiate 12 months tax with it btw
MarkM

5th Jan 07 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

There you go, I don't get it? They have trade insurance, tax the car today, we pay tomorrow everyone is happy? They are fucking idiots.

Someones fucked up Oliver...

They shouldnt ask you to prove insurance...maybe there doing it as you two are quite young for what is quite a high insurance car?? Also the tax situation...surely they should do that...I mean for 16.5k I would be wanting them to stick 12 months tax on it...

Someones forgot to do it I reckon...
MarkM

5th Jan 07 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I can't believe you didn't negotiate 12 months tax with it btw

Thats my thinking...although mine only come with 9 months tax left...I felt cheeky asking for it to be bumped up to 12 as I was getting such a good deal...
ed

5th Jan 07 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
Optional extras are just that. You have to declare them when you insure the car.
jr

5th Jan 07 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need insurance to tax the car, debate over
jr

5th Jan 07 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
Originally posted by jr
Optional extras are just that. You have to declare them when you insure the car.

you dont, olliver see's my point, the car is standard, and hasnt been modded from the factory
Ojc

5th Jan 07 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have negotiated the tax with the car, same situation when I got my Coupe I had to take the insurance certificate down to Vauxhall for them to tax it for me?
ed

5th Jan 07 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your name also needs to be shorter than 27 charecters long including spaces to tax a car using the computerised system

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car ready to roll tomorrow 22 database queries in 0.0167098 seconds