corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Caught speeding-Advice please!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Caught speeding-Advice please!
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Online
2nd Oct 06 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We were flying around in my mate's XE nova the other day, accelerated round 2 cars in the middle lane at about 110 then cut back into the first lane and eased back to 80. Police volvo booted it up behind us then pulled off the motorway. Figured that we broke the speed reading he was trying to get when we moved past the 2 cars. Was definatley over 100 though.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Matt W

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 06 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they had evidence, i.e. video proof etc then they would have said that wouldnt they?

and wouldnt have said i was doing "80-90"!?
Eck
Premium Member

3rd Oct 06 at 00:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find this very strange that they gave you no paperwork at all and said they would appear in court and say you were doing between 80-90 mph that'll get thrown out straight away as its far too vague. thats like them saying they thought he was speeding cause his car sounded like it was going fast

[Edited on 03-10-2006 by Eckmcmann]
Cybermonkey

3rd Oct 06 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa5dr

Thats a very quick stretch of road.

huh? what makes a road, a quick stretch of road??
Daimo B

3rd Oct 06 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not read the whole thing, have they given you any paperwork/ticket?

If not, don't worry.

Also, they will NOT use the video evidence in court. Also, if it has been video'd, you will get a letter saying to come and view the footage with a solicitor (or by yourself as i did).

From your initial post, they've mearly threatend you, so i wouldn't worry. IF they've given you a ticket, then expect a court appearence.

As for 2 coppers in a car, 1 coppe = your word against theirs. 2 coppers = Adiquate experience and the judge will 95% of the time go with what they've said.
abdus

3rd Oct 06 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DAYZEE
quote:
Originally posted by abdus
^^ here it's about speeding

Doesn't matter, they can get you for whatever fits.

they stopped him and told him he was speeding

there was no mention of dangerous or reckless driving. speed alone is not enough to prove reckless driving IMO

Matt W

3rd Oct 06 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Not read the whole thing, have they given you any paperwork/ticket?

If not, don't worry.

Also, they will NOT use the video evidence in court. Also, if it has been video'd, you will get a letter saying to come and view the footage with a solicitor (or by yourself as i did).

From your initial post, they've mearly threatend you, so i wouldn't worry. IF they've given you a ticket, then expect a court appearence.

As for 2 coppers in a car, 1 coppe = your word against theirs. 2 coppers = Adiquate experience and the judge will 95% of the time go with what they've said.

Thanks for everyones help, i have no paperwork by the way!
Paul_J

3rd Oct 06 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

err... well i had no paper work except for a producer - so I wouldn't rely on that.

The more precise way of knowing for sure is whether they gave you the 'police caution' before N.I.P.

i.e 'You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say, can and will be used in a court of law'

IF they didn't give you that, it's not going to court! if it does, the fact they didn't give you that lets you off.

ClaireF

3rd Oct 06 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsamatt2005
Right heres what happened, im not going to write an essay so ill keep it short..
-open ringroad in early evening i got up to around 120mph
-slowed down to 10-20 to enter roundabout at which point there was a police skoda Vrs sat on my bumper
-he followed me for around 1/4 mile then pulled me over
-they said they thought i was doing around 80-90 and if i plead not guilty at court they will give that evidence
-ive got 5 points already and will have been driving two years in november
-need car for college and work

im going to get a summons in around 4 weeks, what do i plead and what could i be facing do you think?
who else has been caught doin these speeds?

cheers

you need car for work and college, should of thought about that before speeding. wat was your other points for?
Matt W

3rd Oct 06 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would they only give me that if i was being arrested though?
Matt W

3rd Oct 06 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ClaireF
quote:
Right heres what happened, im not going to write an essay so ill keep it short..
-slowed down to 10-20 to enter roundabout at which point there was a police skoda Vrs sat on my bumper
-they said they thought i was doing around 80-90 and if i plead not guilty at court they will give that evidence

im going to get a summons in around 4 weeks, what do i plead and what could i be facing do you think?

cheers

you need car for work and college, should of thought about that before speeding. wat was your other points for?

i got 5 points for an AC10 and a DC20 i think they were, after an accident i had 3 days after passing my test, it was rush hour and i asked the lady (which i went into the back of at 5mph in traffic) to move to a side road but she wouldnt, with that she drove off and i later found out she reported it. I didnt think you had to report an accident if there were no injurys and no damage but i was wrong so got penalised for driving without due care and attention and failing to report an accident.

theres no reason id lie on a forum, its pathetic, but it wasnt my fault and everything i did were in everyones best interests. i was all legal etc and hadnothing to hide.

Daimo B

3rd Oct 06 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
err... well i had no paper work except for a producer - so I wouldn't rely on that.

The more precise way of knowing for sure is whether they gave you the 'police caution' before N.I.P.

Producer = Ticket = been logged and he will hear from them.

Basically though, i'd fight it. Their word against yours, you can swear you were doign 70mph, its down to them to prove otherwise.

Hell, if i can keep my license after 130mph, you can keep it at 80mph...
Matt W

3rd Oct 06 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J

Producer = Ticket = been logged and he will hear from them.

Basically though, i'd fight it. Their word against yours, you can swear you were doign 70mph, its down to them to prove otherwise.

Hell, if i can keep my license after 130mph, you can keep it at 80mph...

How the hell did you manage that

and thanks, thats what i'll do

Daimo B

3rd Oct 06 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was on video too.

6 points baby.....
ClaireF

3rd Oct 06 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ClaireF
quote:

cheers

i got 5 points for an AC10 and a DC20 i think they were, after an accident i had 3 days after passing my test, it was rush hour and i asked the lady (which i went into the back of at 5mph in traffic) to move to a side road but she wouldnt, with that she drove off and i later found out she reported it. I didnt think you had to report an accident if there were no injurys and no damage but i was wrong so got penalised for driving without due care and attention and failing to report an accident.

theres no reason id lie on a forum, its pathetic, but it wasnt my fault and everything i did were in everyones best interests. i was all legal etc and hadnothing to hide.

she probably didnt want to pull over because of things youhear about when pulling over. Hijacking the car etc. but you tried your best
DAYZEE

3rd Oct 06 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DAYZEE
quote:
^^ here it's about speeding

Doesn't matter, they can get you for whatever fits.

they stopped him and told him he was speeding

there was no mention of dangerous or reckless driving. speed alone is not enough to prove reckless driving IMO

I've been there at the side of the road getting cautioned for due care and attention for simply going (very) fast in a straight line, and to be fair, they were right. No way I could have stopped if someone had stepped out.
You don't have to be swerving in and out of traffic to get done for an offence other than speeding.
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Oct 06 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You sure they were real coppers?

Bloke at work has a black octavia VRS, you should see everyone on the motorway slam on as he drives past

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Lucky B

3rd Oct 06 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They still needto produce evidence you were travelling at 80-90mph surely?

Personally i think the cops boobed or were just trying to scare you.

No caution, no charge.
chris-sri

3rd Oct 06 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They could send him a written NIP or summons in the post which they have 14 days to do as per the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Caught speeding-Advice please! 23 database queries in 0.0155170 seconds