corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I bought a new toy... It's big *pics*

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I bought a new toy... It's big *pics*
myke

User status: Offline
13th Jul 06 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks cool ed.

Why does a spray gun need to be digital?
does it just display the feed pressure or something?
STEvieXE

13th Jul 06 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
Originally posted by STEvieN.I.
i have same size of a compressor altho mine is an sip...
I have SIP air tools. Though I still don't have enough air to run the hammer wrench on it...

How did you paint the enderside of your car. Did you just use enourmous axle stands and get under it?

made up 2 ft axle stands for rear and originally has an engine crane to lift the front up to match but engine crane wasnt going to work. it was either gonna wreck the front panel or pull the car off the rear stands so just raised it up as much as poss on stands at the front too and let the painter enuff room to get in below...

id go for the lift. if not get too ramps built so that u can drive the car up onto them. gd alternative to a pit and no as dangerous as u can get out. wot u are saying about working on cars with large amounts of chassis missing, if u are planning on fixing a few damaged cars its worth noting u cant weld a car up on a lift.. gaps change on cars when they are up in the air. ive saw cars gap up perfect on a lift then bring them down off it and the gaps are terrible. cars should onnly be welded when gaps are gd when the cars on its 4 wheels on the ground...
SVM 286

13th Jul 06 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Doesn't look that big in the pictures. It's about 5 foot long though

Ed, how much was it mate, and what pressure will it run?

Is that literally as far as you can go with a normal 240V single phase domestic set up?

I ask as I need a compressor for my garage for air tools, and 6 bar would be nice if poss.
ed

13th Jul 06 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
happy that i can use my full face air fed mask now ed and not get ton's of paint on my eye lashes making me look like a big girlie girl
The best thing is getting it in your nose. Black bogies
ed

13th Jul 06 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:
Originally posted by ed
Doesn't look that big in the pictures. It's about 5 foot long though

Ed, how much was it mate, and what pressure will it run?

Is that literally as far as you can go with a normal 240V single phase domestic set up?

I ask as I need a compressor for my garage for air tools, and 6 bar would be nice if poss.
You can't go over 3 hp on single phase electrics. If you have 3 phase you could get a 5 hp job which would be fantastic!

That compressor was £380 delivered off of Ebay. It's a 200l tank - do a search, as there are loads there. If you have some more cash (£1500 to be exact) you could get a twin motor job with a control unit so you effectively have 5 or 6 hp, but they wont start up at the same time so you wont trip your power every time with the surge to get the a/c motors running...

I was looking at an HW16 Tandem from J&J Pnumatics, but £1500 seemed a bit too expensive. My one is probably powerfull enough for most air tools, but windy guns need too much air I think...
ed

13th Jul 06 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
i have same size of a compressor altho mine is an sip...
I have SIP air tools. Though I still don't have enough air to run the hammer wrench on it...

How did you paint the enderside of your car. Did you just use enourmous axle stands and get under it?

made up 2 ft axle stands for rear and originally has an engine crane to lift the front up to match but engine crane wasnt going to work. it was either gonna wreck the front panel or pull the car off the rear stands so just raised it up as much as poss on stands at the front too and let the painter enuff room to get in below...

id go for the lift. if not get too ramps built so that u can drive the car up onto them. gd alternative to a pit and no as dangerous as u can get out. wot u are saying about working on cars with large amounts of chassis missing, if u are planning on fixing a few damaged cars its worth noting u cant weld a car up on a lift.. gaps change on cars when they are up in the air. ive saw cars gap up perfect on a lift then bring them down off it and the gaps are terrible. cars should onnly be welded when gaps are gd when the cars on its 4 wheels on the ground...
I was thinking more along the lines of cutting up old Novas and Minis and stuff to make crazy hybrid cars with engines in the wrong place. Probably need a jig to do that, but noever mind
Tomnova16
Premium Member

14th Jul 06 at 08:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by myke
looks cool ed.

Why does a spray gun need to be digital?
does it just display the feed pressure or something?

yep eds getting excited. the gun is a sast jobbie and i feel it is one of the best guns you can get, has a digital pressure gauge and needs 4 bar constant pressure to run which is why it wouldn't work with the old compressor

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
ed

14th Jul 06 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I set the regulator on the water filter to 100 psi to test it - I managed to get it to run for over 5 minutes with my blow gun attached without the pressure dropping too much, so I think it should manage 4 bar fine Can test it soon though.
Graeme
Premium Member

14th Jul 06 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4 bar constant presuure is alot, i only use 2 bar on the water based gun i use and the laquer gun, both DeVillbiss GTi guns which i really like and get on well with!

[Edited on 14-07-2006 by C4 WLK]
ed

14th Jul 06 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as I'm aware Tom's DeVillbiss GTi is his not very good gun...
Graeme
Premium Member

14th Jul 06 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i really like them but them and it is the most used gun in the bodyshop world i would say!
they are good guns and are coming down in price which is always good and can get a new one for around £200 now which i cool!
Tomnova16
Premium Member

15th Jul 06 at 14:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do like devilbiss for basecoat but try a sata with 1.3 fluid tip for laquer and you will notice the differnce i even use it for solid 2k colours, the sata is also good for basecoat

Graeme
Premium Member

15th Jul 06 at 14:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a sata at work that is the bosses with a 1.6 fluid tip and i just dont get on with it for sum reason!

what bar are you using the sata at? 2 bar?
Tomnova16
Premium Member

16th Jul 06 at 11:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep 2 bar but its gotta be a 1.3 1.6 is more for primer

ed

15th Sep 06 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been playing about a bit today

Got a filter and air regulator:

Plumbed it in to two wall outlets:

Here is the beasty now sporting a nice Audi Missano red paint job

Thats all for now shed enthusiats
DaNnY_LaD

15th Sep 06 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Thats all for now shed enthusiats

rustyarchs

15th Sep 06 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need a bigger compressor,would it run a shot blaster that needs 14cfm air delivery?
ed

15th Sep 06 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think it does. IIRC to run that much air you need 2 phase.
loo_goblin

15th Sep 06 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have just refitted my dads whole workshop with thise silicone piping with easy ends, good stuff should try it
ed

15th Sep 06 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Copper worked fine, all the fittings are quick release jobs
rustyarchs

15th Sep 06 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be right there as its a 3 phase screw comp thats in my work but i was hopeing i could get one to do it in the garage at home but if i cant im kinda fooked

much does she put out as the bare minimum it needs is 10cfm
ed

15th Sep 06 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't remember. It's just enough to power a single DA sander. All it really has is volume rather than the power needed for high demand tools.

I think it's meant to do about 12 CFM, but I have never really tested it and I doubt it actually does that much.
rustyarchs

16th Sep 06 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bugger, cheers anyway buddy

ed

16th Sep 06 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It runs a Dblais GTi at 2.5 bar constantly if that is any help to compare. Thats is if you are a painter too
rustyarchs

16th Sep 06 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope dont do that its for shotblasting things that will get powdercoated but may be worth my time learning how to paint

in fact na not enough time as it is,, bad ed

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I bought a new toy... It's big *pics* 23 database queries in 0.0162301 seconds