corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Saxo VTR's ....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Saxo VTR's ....
Rob B

User status: Offline
19th Feb 06 at 01:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
right, lot of bollocks talked in one thread here

couple of points, as i used to be the first person to knock these, after driving fads bros it change my iopinion completey

1) what ever the 100bhp is (vtr ?) feels quicker than a sport 1.6

2) they handel far far better than any corsa including mine ive driven, they piss on a standard one

3) people who knock the build quality, WTF do you expect, its a small light french hatchback, its hardly goign to be built liek a merc is it

i know that there is allways going to be some corsa tinted sunglasse wearers on here

but please, there a better car, just get over it

[Edited on 18-02-2006 by jr]

Kyle T
Premium Member

19th Feb 06 at 13:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IT depends what you want from a car. JR I could say that your points are bollocks because I like a car with a nice interior, comfy and doesnt fall to pieces in a light breeze, hence I think corsas are better cars.

I could have had a stripped out 1600 corsa right now rather than my Ibiza, but i like climate control and little screens that tell me my MPG. Its all down to what people want in a Car.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
jr

19th Feb 06 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true kyle

i was just going on the basis that alot of posts in here where "my corsa goes faster around roundabouts" and "my corsa is faster"

thats were i got the basis that there better
Kyle T
Premium Member

19th Feb 06 at 13:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
true kyle

i was just going on the basis that alot of posts in here where "my corsa goes faster around roundabouts" and "my corsa is faster"

thats were i got the basis that there better

Fair dos, I cant be arsed reading the whole thread

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Tom

19th Feb 06 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd agree with alot of what jr said but i'd also say the gearbox is a bit ropey in them and they don't feel very solid. mates got one of the last 03's (VTR) and i'm insured on it, it's good fun to drive but I don't think it's quicker than a gsi/sport it doesn't feel it anyway.
Steve
Premium Member

19th Feb 06 at 14:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
IT depends what you want from a car. JR I could say that your points are bollocks because I like a car with a nice interior, comfy and doesnt fall to pieces in a light breeze, hence I think corsas are better cars.

I could have had a stripped out 1600 corsa right now rather than my Ibiza, but i like climate control and little screens that tell me my MPG. Its all down to what people want in a Car.

tbh a corsa is no better built than a saxo, only point id agree on is that a corsa gearbox is probably stronger than a saxos but thats it
dave17

19th Feb 06 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its settled here:

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=saxo&word2=corsa
Kyle T
Premium Member

19th Feb 06 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dave17
its settled here:

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=saxo&word2=corsa

@ Corsa Sam:
When I was test driving different cars for my first car, the corsa just seemed more solid and crisper than the clios/106s and saxos that I tried. They also have a half decent interior imo.

All the c

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Fad

19th Feb 06 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr

couple of points, as i used to be the first person to knock these, after driving fads bros it change my iopinion completey

2) they handel far far better than any corsa including mine ive driven, they piss on a standard one

3) people who knock the build quality, WTF do you expect, its a small light french hatchback, its hardly goign to be built liek a merc is it

i know that there is allways going to be some corsa tinted sunglasse wearers on here

Indeed no questions about it even a VTR is quicker than a 1.6 Sport. People are often misguided by their Rose Tinted Corsa Glasses

If a VTR with a filter and exhaust system and decat can run a 15.9 standing quarter (at the Pod) i'd put my money on the Saxo every time. They just have the right power to weight ratio and gearing IMO

However due to the lack of torque they have as soon as you put another person in the car performance is hampered slightly

People who havent driven one are just plain idiots to write them off without any constructive points
Kyle T
Premium Member

19th Feb 06 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:
Originally posted by jr

Indeed no questions about it even a VTR is quicker than a 1.6 Sport. People are often misguided by their Rose Tinted Corsa Glasses

If a VTR with a filter and exhaust system and decat can run a 15.9 standing quarter (at the Pod) i'd put my money on the Saxo every time. They just have the right power to weight ratio and gearing IMO

However due to the lack of torque they have as soon as you put another person in the car performance is hampered slightly

People who havent driven one are just plain idiots to write them off without any constructive points

again tho, your talking as if performance is the only factor to what makes a good car...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Fad

19th Feb 06 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:
Originally posted by jr

again tho, your talking as if performance is the only factor to what makes a good car... [/quote

No the Saxo fun to drive...dead reliable and as much as people comment on the build quality we hardly drive the best quality of cars? Surely you always comprimise a few things for a car you enjoy to drive at the end of the day? My point is my parents have an S170 Focus its fully loaded every concivable extra you can get, car handles so damn well, goes well plenty of midrange grunt but with it being a Ford its build quality is still quite suspect but never the less its a pretty good car for the money which the Saxo also is
purpvtr

19th Feb 06 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had a saxo vtr mk 2 and i can safely say that it could beat a corsa 1.6 sport, it may be a close match however and down to the driver on the day, but the vtr has a small one over the corsa.
imo
Edd

20th Feb 06 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i own a mk2 saxo vtr(98bhp)

saxo is quicker than every corsa(standard) apart from the GSi as simple as that

but at the end of the day we are comparing a 1.6 8v to a 1.6 16v so in fairness the GSi should really be compared to the vts

[Edited on 20-02-2006 by Edd]
Edd

20th Feb 06 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and as for build quality pgtf with the corsa is miles better than the saxo i owned a corsa before my saxo and had more problems with shit falling off and rattling on it than i will ever have with the saxo.

also corsa rust badly, A pillars crack and so on
Greasemonkey

20th Feb 06 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I out run a VTR in my 306 TD the other night.

Up hill though
K2 GTi

20th Feb 06 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VTR's are shoot get a VTS
Edd

20th Feb 06 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vtr's are good value for money low insurance group,decent performance and economical enough on petrol

although tbh if i could have got a decent quote on insurance i would have got a vts
K2 GTi

20th Feb 06 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
vtr's are good value for money low insurance group,decent performance and economical enough on petrol

although tbh if i could have got a decent quote on insurance i would have got a vts

how old are you etc? and ncbs?
Edd

20th Feb 06 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

21 but have no ncb i was an additional driver on another policy since i started driving(18)

was cheap at the time but done me no good as i couldnt build a ncb
K2 GTi

20th Feb 06 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.elephant.co.uk

im 19, got NCB's and im paying less insuarance on a 106 gti than a 1.2 8v corsa!
edit: go NO ncb's..

[Edited on 20-02-2006 by K2 HOY]
Edd

20th Feb 06 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im insured with elephant at the moment

was getting daft quotes for a vts so i just went for a vtr instead

my postcode isnt the best(vibrio will know) so it adds a lot on
K2 GTi

20th Feb 06 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh thats the reason why then
Edd

20th Feb 06 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes we are rough and tough in glasgow
K2 GTi

p.s homo

Edd

your still a dick though

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Saxo VTR's .... 23 database queries in 0.0221610 seconds