corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Recent films I have seen

New Poll
  <<  257    258    259    260    261    262    263  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Recent films I have seen
Marc

User status: Offline
27th Aug 14 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

21 Jump Street - 7/10
Dom

27th Aug 14 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Inbetweeners 2 - 5/10 - It seemed a bit of a milking exercise compared to the first film with this being more cringeworthy than laugh out loud funny. It's still worthy of a watch as there are a few decent bits of comedy but i wouldn't go out of my way to see it.

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
Grand Budapest Hotel 9/10

Absolute brilliant film, like most Wes Anderson films tbh

[Edited on 27-08-2014 by Dom]
Steve
Premium Member

28th Aug 14 at 06:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Making my way through the entire bond collection, will do a score for each at the end.

Last night was Goldeneye though, classic 8.5/10
baza31

28th Aug 14 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lone survivor 9/10
Ben G

28th Aug 14 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Takers 8/10.

Quite enjoyable. Paul walker a few years back. Matt dillon gets shot which is always good to see. I hate him.
Marc

28th Aug 14 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Catch-22 - 6.5 /10

I read the book years ago and it took me 11 months to get through it. Thankfully the film took 2 hours For anyone unfamiliar with the story it centres around Captain Yossarian who is desperate to be certified insane and sent home at a time when the threshold for flight missions is increased every time he is in touching distance of the current limit. Decent adaptation and for anyone that has read the book they will know that the prospect of putting it on to film wasn't an easy one.
Marc

28th Aug 14 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Conjuring - 8/10

I thought this would be average and similar to other modern horror films I have seen, recently watched Mama and was expecting it to be like that - Start off well and just fade away. A pair of paranormal investigators are summoned to rid a new family home of whatever is toying with them. Sounds a bit like Poltergeist but the reasons are different. I liked that it was set in the 60's, felt more authentic, modern day horrors don't really work for me. Probably why the TCM & F13 remakes stuck to their original decades. I'd go so far as to say this was one of the best horrors I have seen for a while. The lack of gore being replaced by suspense and music actually worked in this film too, I often find it irritating. And why are toys so convincingly eerie in horror
nibnob21
Premium Member

28th Aug 14 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
Grand Budapest Hotel 9/10

Absolute brilliant film, like most Wes Anderson films tbh

True, I thought Fantastic Mr Fox was brilliantly made. Moonrise Kingdom was good but verging on being too 'quirky' for my liking. Royal Tenenbaums was good from what I remember.

MX5 Project Thread
Marc

29th Aug 14 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The People vs Larry Flynt - 8/10
Marc

29th Aug 14 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Harsh Times - 8/10

Harsh indeed.
Marc

30th Aug 14 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Magic Magic - 7/10

Not sure what to say about this. It is supposed to be a horror film but felt more like a road movie. It started off with a group of friends driving across country and one has to temporarily leave after receiving a phone call, she tells the others she has to go back to school to re sit an exam and will catch up with them. The rest of them and the girls cousin, Alicia arrive at a house where one of the lads (Michael Cera) starts to taunt Alicia, nothing too nasty but there is a creepiness about him. Alicia gets more and more paranoid, alone and starts acting strangely.

It was a bit strange seeing Michael Cera not playing his usual geeky, shy underdog and I have to say I didn't like his sadistic character. He played it quite convincingly.

Ben G

30th Aug 14 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Godzilla. The new one.

Quite liked it. Didn't analyse it too much as it would've just made it look shit. 8/10.

MatthewR

30th Aug 14 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lone Survivor
7/10

Like these kinda movies and it was a true story, also showed pics at the end of the actual guys who lost their lives, was emotional
Nic Barnes

31st Aug 14 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Frozen - 8/10
Marc

31st Aug 14 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Argo - 8/10

When the film was released and was receiving all the hype I wasn't interested as I thought it was going to be a long winded political drama, and having Ben Affleck stay didn't exactly make me any more enthusiastic. I'll admit I was wrong to not pay more attention when the film came out as it had me gripped from start to finish. I don't think there were any boring bits and I was on edge towards the end. Thoroughly deserved all the hype.
sc0ott

1st Sep 14 at 05:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carrie (2013 remake) - 7/10
scoob
Premium Member

1st Sep 14 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Starred up 7-10
Reecemac

1st Sep 14 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd echo the above,

Argo 8/10 - Wasn't particularly interested in it but turned out to be a great film, recommend to everyone.

Lone Survivor 9/10 - Again wasn't interested, not usually a fan of "war" films but it was truly excellent, not the usually million of missed shots and unrealistic action.

Enemy 1/10 - Tries to be too clever, awful score. Just rubbish really, a waste of time.
oceansoul

1st Sep 14 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above, So below. 6/10
Cavey

1st Sep 14 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Enders Game - 7/10 - Thought it'd be awful, was actually fairly good, despite it seemingly skipping all back story, and build up, looked like it should of been a couple of films, but the shoved it all in the 1 and just let us assume all arguements were easily won, but barring that, pretty good.
Jambo

2nd Sep 14 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sin City 2. 6.5/10

Visually stunning and 3D added a great dimension, very entertaining but the story just felt weak and disconnected which is a shame.
Reecemac

4th Sep 14 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Edge of Tomorrow 4/10 - Very mediocre, not sure why it seems to be getting good reviews, found it boring and disappointing which was a shame as I was looking forward to it.
Jambo

4th Sep 14 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lone Survivor 7.5/10

Pretty depressing viewing. Good though.
Jambo

4th Sep 14 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

End of Watch. 8.0/10
Marc

7th Sep 14 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lincoln - 5.5/10

I tried watching this when it was first shown on Sky but I just couldn't get in to it. I watched it again last night and got rid of all distractions like the computer & phone and turned all the lights out. There is no denying the production and authenticity but a lot of the history is lost on me and for the bits that I understood I realised the film was just a boring congress based babble. This may have been authentic but I can switch over to BBC Parliament if I wanted to see this. On the plus side it wasn't overly long and as usual Speilberg knows how to make a good looking film. Day Lewis put in his usual first class performance, but over all it was lacking anything of real interest, maybe it should have stayed in the history books and not brought to the big screen.

<<  257    258    259    260    261    262    263  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Recent films I have seen 23 database queries in 0.0912099 seconds