corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Just ordered

New Poll
  <<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just ordered
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Mar 13 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its actually at a nice angle, you shouldnt ever point a rubber ducky at the object as you will hit a dead spot, 90/45 degrees is perfect, although i can angle it to whatever really as its adjustable

[Edited on 29-03-2013 by Steve]
DaveyLC

29th Mar 13 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a linear antenna Steve, it should be polarized the same as the main RX on the copter.. The loses are PHENOMINAL for being out of phase.
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its an omni directional antenna

watch this vid, its quite informative

http://vimeo.com/8826952
DaveyLC

29th Mar 13 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a linear antenna.. The fact it has no reflector and is Omni has NOTHING to do with it..
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 20:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

watch the vid dude, an omni directional pattern has everything to do with it

DaveyLC

29th Mar 13 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

..Don't mix up Omni-direction and circular-polarization they are two VERY different things.
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnidirectional_antenna

quote:
In radio communication, an omnidirectional antenna is an antenna which radiates radio wave power uniformly in all directions in one plane, with the radiated power decreasing with elevation angle above or below the plane, dropping to zero on the antenna's axis.

Ian
Site Administrator

29th Mar 13 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The pattern is very all the way around it. Sound.
DaveyLC

29th Mar 13 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The waves are polarized though so the rx antenna needs to be of the same polarization.. Yes the waves being emitted have a generally equal gain around the centre of the antenna (with dead spots top and bottom) how ever the antenna IS NOT circular polarized.

Clover leaf, skew-planar and time-phased bi-quad groups / patch groups are circular polarized.
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what daveys saying, and is right to that degree.

Im going to play around with it like it is, i only really need to worry if it drops out before my FPV does, if it does I can simply relocate the antenna to the stock location on the radio
DaveyLC

29th Mar 13 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I know what daveys saying, and is right to that degree.

Im going to play around with it like it is, i only really need to worry if it drops out before my FPV does, if it does I can simply relocate the antenna to the stock location on the radio

I'm 100% right..

General rule of thumb being out of polarization by 90 degrees gives you 1/10th of the power at the RX end. The efficiency goes right up the shitter.

So your super-doper Chinese wifi-booster which is probably massively over quoted on power (the Chinese always lie to sell stuff) is completely pointless because your antenna is so poorly positioned and polarized you might as well have not bothered.
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont worry I know not to expect massive quality from the asians

Its already matched the stock setup in terms of range at 1.2kms so its not made anything worse

I think il take a drive with the drone and leave the tx at home switched on
DaveyLC

29th Mar 13 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pointless range testing on the flat, you'll get no where.
DaveyLC

29th Mar 13 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This s what you want, nice circular polarized waves

DaveyLC

29th Mar 13 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I've learned anything from this hobby steve, it is to listen to the people who have been there, tried it, done it and picked up the piece of smashed plane/heli
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where can i pick up a 2.4ghz circular polarised antenna? cant find any of ebay, I could bung my spironet one on but thats 5.8 wouldnt work right?
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about these cunts?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FPV-5-8-2-4Ghz-1-3-RP-SMA-Antenna-Kit-Skew-Planar-Cloverleaf-mad-mushroom-/140943053988?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item20d0dc54a4

DaveyLC

29th Mar 13 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres a SHIT HOT bloke on RGGroups called markus123456 who owns a network anaylzer.. He can make you a matched pair of 2.4ghz C/P antennas (1x C/L, 1x SPW).. I paid 50 odd quid for a matched pair and they were spectacular.

You will need
DaveyLC

29th Mar 13 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
what about these cunts?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FPV-5-8-2-4Ghz-1-3-RP-SMA-Antenna-Kit-Skew-Planar-Cloverleaf-mad-mushroom-/140943053988?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item20d0dc54a4

They look like home made shit.
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

interesting, do you think he could do a set for the 5.8 fpv stuff?

also if i stuck a 2.4ghz skew planar on the radio, would that help even though the spektrum RX on the drone wouldnt be using a skew planar? just the boggo antenna wires
DaveyLC

29th Mar 13 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

His 5.8 stuff will be marginally better than the fatshark stuff.. They do actually test stuff on a network analyser but markus is SUPER ANAL so his will be a touch better.

When it comes to microwave frequencies its a dark art building good antennas.

You need a C/P both ends.. So either make sure your TX is vertically polarized and one of your antennas on the quad is also vertical and you'll be fine having both of them in just any old position will equal shit results.

[Edited on 29-03-2013 by DaveyLC]
John

29th Mar 13 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know anything about drones but I do know that although there is a lot of maths behind designing perfect antenna (antennas antennae?), a lot can also be done with bending bits of wire, doesn't need lots of money and equipment to make it perform well.
DaveyLC

29th Mar 13 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve I make sure my spectrum stuff is V and H polarized and I always have the antenna vertical on the TX.

quote:
Originally posted by John
I don't know anything about drones but I do know that although there is a lot of maths behind designing perfect antenna (antennas antennae?), a lot can also be done with bending bits of wire, doesn't need lots of money and equipment to make it perform well.

A microwave network analyser costs TENS of thousands.. Down in HF/VHF/UHF above is true but when you're up in the GHZ ranges you can't get it exact with a pair of cutters because even a fraction of solder can fuck it all up.

[Edited on 29-03-2013 by DaveyLC]
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Driving me mad trying to find anywhere that sells a u.fl to male sma cable

this is the sma end i need

and ufl the other, can only get them from usa or china sellers, driving me mad
neoquip

30th Mar 13 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you can get them off Ebay.. buy it.

maplin's don't do them then or RS components
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/?cm_mmc=UK-PPC-0212-_-00_Brand-_-RS_Brand_Exact-_-rs_components&gclid=CKvt6s3lpLYCFUbKtAodd1UAcg

<<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Just ordered 22 database queries in 0.0194311 seconds