corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Just ordered

New Poll
  <<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just ordered
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Mar 13 at 18:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry i meant 250mm

so

600x450x250mm

ta
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Mar 13 at 08:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In other news - holy shit - http://robohub.org/video-throwing-and-catching-an-inverted-pendulum-with-quadrocopters/
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 08:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

indeed was posted on the drone forum a while back, impressive stuff
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 09:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stacked it into the garden fence lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8PyVaD0h1s&hd=1
Leighton

29th Mar 13 at 10:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any damage?
DaveyLC

29th Mar 13 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
stacked it into the garden fence lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8PyVaD0h1s&hd=1

Harder than it looks isn't it
DaveyLC

29th Mar 13 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Leighton
any damage?

Great thing about the F450 frame is the arms cost about 3 quid each and they are what normally take the impact
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just two broken graupner props that were needed to be replaced anyway.

gives me an excuse to test out these gemfan props this weekend
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well iv done my 2.4ghz radio booster hack, with postive results so far, heres some images of whats involved

flew to about 1.2kms out with it, solid control link, when i flew to 1.2kms before the hack, the control link did drop out when i turned the drone around to face me, so thats an improvement already.

I will do a better range test when the nexwave receiver turns up for my goggles, that will give me a bit more FPV range to test with

For £40 bucks total cost its worth trying this stuff out

[Edited on 29-03-2013 by Steve]
Gary
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You must have some money this thing now
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That hack only cost about 40 quid lol
Gary
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats all well and good but what about the rest of it. I'm not having a go, was just saying thats all
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it aint cheap lol
Gary
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 14:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats it set you back to get it to how it is now?
Gary
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 14:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Less than this i hope!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DJI-F450-Quadcopter-Multirotor-with-DJI-NAZA-GPS-FPV-with-FatShark-Set-/230899400588?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item35c2ad3f8c
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah less than that, about a grand, your paying for someone to build that aswell
Gary
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About £80 Steve, that dnt include custom foam though
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats not bad, any example pics of one? and can he do foam
Gary
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you sent a template I don't see why not, don't have any pics, ill nip down workshop next week and get some for you.

Might be worth selling them through your dronetec site too, make some easy money.
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah could do, put my name down for one then and il see what its like, let me know when you want cash
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Modded this hack I did earlier a bit, because I sat and realised having two sets of batteries each with the same output voltage was silly, I integrated the radio power and the booster to power to run all from the better 3rd party battery pack. It all turns on and off with the radio switch now too.

I cut the power wires from the default battery compartment, then extended the power to the booster by soldering two wires to the points highlighted in the image, access to these is made easier by removing the RF board, its only held in by one screw anyway

Then, I extended the wires from the original battery compartment and stuck an XT60 connector on the end so it would connect up with the battery pack

The other advantages are the power from this pack should last a lot longer on one charge than the AA batteries, and I can monitor the voltage for the booster aswell on the display

Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still wasnt happy so i took the dremel to the internal battery tray moulding

battery pack laid inside

covers back on

happy and done with that for now I think
Gary
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
yeah could do, put my name down for one then and il see what its like, let me know when you want cash

No worries, I'll be in touch
DaveyLC

29th Mar 13 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're going to have to hold your TX like a bit of a flid to get decent polarization?

Stop being so tight and buy a frSky module or spash the cash and go ezUHF.

[Edited on 29-03-2013 by DaveyLC]
DaveyLC

29th Mar 13 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Less than this i hope!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DJI-F450-Quadcopter-Multirotor-with-DJI-NAZA-GPS-FPV-with-FatShark-Set-/230899400588?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item35c2ad3f8c

My quad setup owes me at-least that, if not more

<<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Just ordered 22 database queries in 0.0183899 seconds