corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Syrian Refugees

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Syrian Refugees
Balling
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Sep 15 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why are they mainly young males?
I've not seen any statistics for age or gender. Could you share a source?
If this is true, I'd guess the reason is pretty straight forward. Across the globe, young men tend to show the greatest initiative. I heard somewhere the other day that a staggering amount of new companies are started by men. Hardly any women start their own company.
Also, these people come from a part of the world with, from western perspective, ancient gender roles. It's not unlikely that the men flee in an attempt to get a asylum and share this with their family. It works like that in some countries, but far from all.

Why do they not want to be registered?
Fear of the unknown? Confusion over the purpose? I've no idea, you'd have to ask them, but I don't find it strange if people fleeing from a war zone in a developing nation show an irrational fear of "the system". In their mind, I bet "being registered" never translates to anything good.

whitter45

9th Sep 15 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

await them to all invade Denmark and see what Balling has to say

Agree its such an awful situation but have to agree that we need to look at the root cause of this situation
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Sep 15 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another thing is, when do you draw the line at bailing people/countries out? the issue will never be resolved if they just up sticks and abandon their country. We didn't do that in WW2. They need to learn to be independant or it will always be this way.

What is the next step then, Europe houses say 70% of them and some stay. Who is going to sort the root of the issue? who will rebuild their country? when will they go home? will they be made to leave? It's a short term fix to a long term problem.
Balling
Premium Member

9th Sep 15 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
We're physically connected to the rest of Europe, share a land border with Germany and are neighbours to one of the most popular refugee destinations, Sweden.

You think we don't get refugees?

Steve
Premium Member

9th Sep 15 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Why do they only suddenly seem to care for Syrian refugees when in fact there are many more refugees in countries like Africa for years.
I've not heard or read a single thing about Syrian refugees being treated or handled any differently than refugees from comparable circumstances.

Im more referring to, why do these idiots on facebook preaching how we are all evil for questioning the motives of these refugees, suddenly making out that we should all be caring for fellow human beings, I don't see them making the same demands for the millions of other refugees world wide, not a peep - until they see one dead baby pictured in the media
Balling
Premium Member

9th Sep 15 at 15:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Im more referring to, why do these idiots on facebook preaching how we are all evil for questioning the motives of these refugees, suddenly making out that we should all be caring for fellow human beings, I don't see them making the same demands for the millions of other refugees world wide, not a peep - until they see one dead baby pictured in the media
I see. I don't have facebook for pretty much this reason. People are certainly quick to draw up their opinions in black an white when the situation often calls for a bit more nuance.

I suppose it could be a knee jerk reaction to equally un-nuanced opinions on the opposing wing.

whitter45

9th Sep 15 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
We're physically connected to the rest of Europe, share a land border with Germany and are neighbours to one of the most popular refugee destinations, Sweden.

never said that, but again talking about it and actually having 100,000's potentially finding residence in your country are 2 different things

You cannot honestly say that the shear volume of people potentially looking to live in mainland Europe is not worrying

Balling
Premium Member

9th Sep 15 at 15:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
never said that, but again talking about it and actually having 100,000's potentially finding residence in your country are 2 different things

You cannot honestly say that the shear volume of people potentially looking to live in mainland Europe is not worrying
I'm not sure I follow your point about the 100,000's? The reality for all of Europe is that millions and millions of people are trying to find new residence. I don't think it makes sense to look at this as an isolated issue for the "affected countries" as every country is affected.

And no, of course I can't say it's not worrying. I don't think anybody has made that claim. If I gave that impression it was very unintentional.

It's a gigantic crisis with no easy solution.

Denying to help refugees will only enlarge the problem, though.

Ellis

9th Sep 15 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Denying help to genuine refugees is not good I agree.

I don't share the same sentiments for so called economic migrants.
ShEp

9th Sep 15 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought man figured out how to make islands years ago?

Make them an island, call it refugee kingdom, send them a giro cheque once a fortnight, and that'll do, it's all they want from the UK and don't try and claim otherwise.
Gary
Premium Member

9th Sep 15 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I challenge anyone to put themselves in these people's shoes and honestly say they wouldn't go to the best country for helping out these type of folk.

If the UK became a war zone, wiping out everything I own etc I wouldn't think twice about going to Syria if I knew when I got there i would be helped with a house and the rest of the basics.
Stu_22

9th Sep 15 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you differ economic migrant to refugee where most have come out of Syria where there probably isn't much of an economy left due to war.

I like the reaction of the Germans welcoming them but is this because they have a good health service, plenty of housing, and spaces in their schools
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

9th Sep 15 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
I challenge anyone to put themselves in these people's shoes and honestly say they wouldn't go to the best country for helping out these type of folk.

If the UK became a war zone, wiping out everything I own etc I wouldn't think twice about going to Syria if I knew when I got there i would be helped with a house and the rest of the basics.

Of course we'd try and do the best for ourselves, I don't think anyone has said that they wouldn't but would you really expect other countries to welcome you with open arms?
ShEp

9th Sep 15 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary

This....

Exactly, but why must the UK be the gravy train they all seek?

Half the country lives in fucking poverty as it is, the can't look after the soldiers they sent out to start the bloody wars.
Nic Barnes

9th Sep 15 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This country barely welcomes its own with open arms, unless you don't work and take drugs and have 7 kids.
Cavey

9th Sep 15 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really don't think that they all want to come to the UK, but obviously all we see is people trying to get in here as that's what is reported
ShEp

9th Sep 15 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well there is a bit of that aswell
Dee25790

9th Sep 15 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All this is exactly what terrorists wanted in the first place. Anarchy.

A nation, even a continent divided in opinion. Unable to handle the havoc created by an influx of thousands of people baying at their borders. Ultimately, leaving the perfect opportunity to slip through the net unnoticed.
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Sep 15 at 23:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
Impressive questions. Why do they all wear decent brand sportswear and carry smartphones should be added deffo.

You don't have to be poor to be at war. I own a phone but if my house was being bombed I'd deffo be out of there.

Plus you need some way of getting the ISIS emails.
Ste
Premium Member

10th Sep 15 at 01:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34203366

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ellis

10th Sep 15 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu_22
How do you differ economic migrant to refugee where most have come out of Syria where there probably isn't much of an economy left due to war.
I differ the two quite easily personally. Once the person(s) in question are within in a safe country neighbouring theirs, they are a refugee. The minute person(s) decide to flee the 'safe' country in which asylum was being sought, and arguably to exploit the benefit system of another country, they become an economic migrant.

Turkey so far has been doing a reasonable job of handling the refugees given that approx. 1 million are estimated to be within their borders. My problem arises when procedure is not followed and registration in that first country of refuge doesn't take place. It would be ridiculous to suggest that one country should solely accept all Syrian refugees but this is where other nations should step-up.

We have absolutely no idea who is within this uncontrolled, rioting mob parading through the Schengen Area. The behaviour exhibited by some of these people within the mass movement is disgraceful. Ripping down fences, fighting with police officers, etc. is not acceptable and wouldn't be tolerated should I attempt to do it tomorrow. In my opinion, borders will have to be reestablished, temporarily at least, to at attempt to take control of this situation.

On reflection, I don't think it would be fair if Britain did not accept at least some refugees but the situation is completely out of control and dangerous. The EU needs to get tough here and start taking back control although, I don't see it happening. Yes a humanitarian crisis is taking place but we must handle this carefully and fully consider the impact this has. There is all too much sympathy for the blatant disregard for the rules. Oh, and this is all without considering even thinking about a hateful Islamic extremist ideology infiltrating your continent with terrorists
DannyB
Premium Member

10th Sep 15 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was at a local Asda last night and there was a double decker bus full of migrants doing shopping, then they fucked off to god knows where. There was about 40 of them, and that was plenty. Not sure where they'd come from.
Ellis

10th Sep 15 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Free bus fare no doubt. I have to pay £5 to get to the supermarket on the bus.
DannyB
Premium Member

10th Sep 15 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Big white double decker with tinted windows, they're probably off to a farm somewhere further north to work for pennies.
Ellis

10th Sep 15 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's great if they are allowed to work. People will argue they are taking jobs that others could do but I don't see it that way.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Syrian Refugees 23 database queries in 0.0149920 seconds