corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Stopped a young lad jumping off a bridge last night.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stopped a young lad jumping off a bridge last night.
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Jul 15 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
Imagine being that guy who's car he hit? Would fuck you up big time.

Probs end up losing no claims bonus too ffs
Dom

14th Jul 15 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
If you want to do it, eat a load of tablets or drink bleach or something.

You can't go off on a tirade about how suicide is selfish due third-parties getting involved and then suggest a "better" method - suicide is suicide regardless of how someone achieves it and you'll eventually get found by someone.

Although whilst i agree, to a certain extent, with it being a selfish act, you have to be in a really dark place to believe that committing suicide is your last resort and there's obviously more work to be done to try and deter people.

Davey - Good job though. Hopefully he'll get the help he needs
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Jul 15 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know all the bad place, dark time talk but that guy dying to save some woman is tragic.

You or your missus also could have come to harm dealing with this one.

Sure there are loads of ways that it won't affect people as much, like cliffs or water. Train tracks or roads is a cunts trick.

Also baffling to anyone who enjoys life why someone of 17 would try it. Big wide world out there and there are literally millions of people who wish they were a healthy westerner, but this guy doesn't know what he's got.
Generation

14th Jul 15 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Don't wear hats tbh

You used to get properly annoyed when people filled your threads with shit.
Now it's you that fills them with shit.
Irony.

As for the whole thread, good on you for doing something. Most people wouldn't. Should of given the kid a fucking slap after you saved him though.
Agree with a few people on here it's a selfish way to go.
Imagine being that guy who's car he hit? Would fuck you up big time.
Think suicide in general is quite a selfish act. And I know I'm going to get flamed for that statement too

Can't beat them, join them. Which is why I don't bother with any project threads at all anymore. That's a matter for a different post though

[Edited on 14-07-2015 by Generation]
Generation

14th Jul 15 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Easy to say people shouldn't; easy to say when your life is going ok.
Could be a number of reasons behind it.
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Jul 15 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I know you've got to get to that place. But just like it must seem like the only way for people in that position, for me appreciating your life seems like the only way too.
baza31

14th Jul 15 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd of took his headphones off and pushed him, mine broke at gym last week.

On a serious note your mrs was stupid going to grab him, he's clearly in a state and she's carrying your kid. She should of stayed in car. I dont think I would of made his decision for him maybe just spoke to him, I would of told him that I was sorry for been a cunt on the internet and I didn't mean it when I said that he wouldn't get an m5. Either that or recorded it on snapchat and give him a nudge.

I was delayed 8 hours on m62 a month ago because someone was dangling off. Now am not wanting anyone to kill themselves but I would appreciate it if they could make there decision before they decided to hang off.
Generation

14th Jul 15 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You try too hard to be funny
Dom

14th Jul 15 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Can't beat them, join them.

baza31

14th Jul 15 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

No mate I just couldn't gaf and making light hearted banter.
DaveyLC

14th Jul 15 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
quote:

No mate I just couldn't gaf and making light hearted banter.

There's a fine line between banter and generally being a c**t.
Jason x
Premium Member

14th Jul 15 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Can't beat them, join them.

Unfortunate quote to thread topic
Generation

14th Jul 15 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Banter" I really do hate that word. People think it's ok to say what they like to people, as log as they say it's lantern"
djgritt
Premium Member

14th Jul 15 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
"Banter" I really do hate that word. People think it's ok to say what they like to people, as log as they say it's lantern"

Quoted for the mistake.

#Lantern
Generation

14th Jul 15 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AndyCorsaSport

14th Jul 15 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

You can't go off on a tirade about how suicide is selfish due third-parties getting involved and then suggest a "better" method - suicide is suicide regardless of how someone achieves it and you'll eventually get found by someone.

Although whilst i agree, to a certain extent, with it being a selfish act, you have to be in a really dark place to believe that committing suicide is your last resort and there's obviously more work to be done to try and deter people.

Davey - Good job though. Hopefully he'll get the help he needs

I can.
p

14th Jul 15 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest what you did was an amazing piece of humanity. It's a shame there aren't more people like that. Imagine the guy goes on to have a great life, happiness, children, a great job or achieves a dream, then you can be pretty proud of what you and your girlfriend did. I think it's an amazing thing you did, and I'd like to think many others would do the same.

As I've said before, I don't think some should/can particularly comment without having been in some sort of a familiar situation as the guy..
johnny86
Premium Member

14th Jul 15 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
To be honest what you did was an amazing piece of humanity. It's a shame there aren't more people like that. Imagine the guy goes on to have a great life, happiness, children, a great job or achieves a dream, then you can be pretty proud of what you and your girlfriend did. I think it's an amazing thing you did, and I'd like to think many others would do the same.

As I've said before, I don't think some should/can particularly comment without having been in some sort of a familiar situation as the guy..

Well said mate
DaveyLC

14th Jul 15 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p

Cheers for the kind words buddy

I like to think that one day he'll be sat happily with his grand kids and he'll appreciate it.
Jason x
Premium Member

14th Jul 15 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers fella
Generation

14th Jul 15 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Imagine if the guy is so depressed, he goes on a killing rampage. Could work eitherway
Dee25790

14th Jul 15 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes a change, people usually just record this kind of thing on camera phones don't they?

Well done lad give yourself a pat on the back
Dee25790

14th Jul 15 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
Selfish and inconsiderate way of killing yourself, if you are serious about it why not just hang yourself.

Why should someone else be brought into it, potentially ruining someone else's life in the process of taking your own. Not to mention the damage caused to someone's vehicle.

That being said, good job. You saved someone's vehicle.

[Edited on 14-07-2015 by Jason x]

Every way of killing yourself is selfish. If you hung yourself someone has to find you. Then that person or another person has to cut you down and catch your dead lifeless body..
Dee25790

14th Jul 15 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
Selfish and inconsiderate way of killing yourself, if you are serious about it why not just hang yourself.

Why should someone else be brought into it, potentially ruining someone else's life in the process of taking your own. Not to mention the damage caused to someone's vehicle.

That being said, good job. You saved someone's vehicle.

Spot on tbh

Agree with this. Happened a few week ago on the motorway near me. Bloke I know drove past as the body was covered and seen a woman who must have witnessed it in floods of tears. That will affect her for ever and she didn't even know the guy.

Hangings just as bad tbh, my mum got a call off a friend a few years back in tears as she had found her husband hanging. My mum rushed round with a work colleague and helped get him down but he was dead. He did that because his wife was having an affair! That will be with her forever.

I don't mean to disrespect the dead but what a fucking mush.

Why would you not just swerve your wife, I wouldn't kill myself over anyone
Bart

14th Jul 15 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If you post this on Facebook, you'll get lots of likes

You could probably find him out and even tag him in on the post?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Stopped a young lad jumping off a bridge last night. 22 database queries in 0.0134850 seconds