corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Wide-Arched F/G Paneled Track Nova

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wide-Arched F/G Paneled Track Nova
calibra-keith

User status: Offline
1st Dec 11 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a little play with one of the other 14/16xe (couldn't be bothered to unwrap the nova)

better picture

from what i found out a while ago i need to set up for pressurize carbs and finding it hard to find a plenum for this,

something like this

need to hunt for plenum or get one made then start looking for turbo/mani or maybe get one made.
calibra-keith

4th Dec 11 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are a few problems to figure out i know its not going to be easy and im no expert but its something i want to try out thats part of it for me, for now i will probably get a megajolt kit or something and just use carbs so i can atleast get out in the car then look more into it sometime next year when i have more info and money, plus im watching a couple of builds doing something similar so hopefully i will get a better idea.
DERV-POWER

4th Dec 11 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.sbdev.co.uk/Carburettor_Kits/Carb%20introduction%20&%20ign%20only%20kit/Carb%20intro%20&%20ign%20only%20kit.htm
calibra-keith

5th Dec 11 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

decided to have a fit of the R1 carbs today,

need to look into how you plumb all this in yet

need to sort out the alternator i take it there is some sort of bracket i can buy or mod ?

also had a hunt for a few sites i lost with pictures for plenum

maybe more to come today lol
calibra-keith

9th Dec 11 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

16xe spark plug cover, polished oil cap

not normally a bling engine bay person but can not find where i can get any from, or does any other fit ?

after fitting R1 carbs the engine bay just lets it all down, the rocker cover is now at powder coating, ordered some stainless rocker cover bolts, got nice shiny strut brace to replace old one but just realized the bloody horrible big yellow oil cap and probably spark plug area will let it down
calibra-keith

19th Dec 11 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seen as a few people are tinkering or asking for there nova's to be PS i had a little go at my own, a bit poor as i started off with poor picture of when it had no engine or springs at rear but you get the idea lol

calibra-keith

19th Dec 11 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry i should of said this isn't what im actually doing i was having ago and with it been black was easier to do that and as bit of mess about, the comps are the only thing i will be doing and i am planning on red or white (my rocker has just been done red)
Alex_Rally

20th Dec 11 at 06:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deep pockets mate, lot of nice fabrication work getting done on the build , are u gonna race it once done ??
calibra-keith

21st Dec 11 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by geordie_corsa
deep pockets mate, lot of nice fabrication work getting done on the build , are u gonna race it once done ??

only for fun mate, i haven't done it to any class spec so be for fun or maybe anything goes class ? i may one day look into what i could be in but be far from competitive.
calibra-keith

21st Dec 11 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got back from powder coat, pictures aint great

sort of before and after picture, with stainless bolts

and on the car

not sure about the strut brace iv just got with it been directly over the carbs, just need spark plug cover and cap for oil, possibly do it with carbon fibre.
N7 THD

21st Dec 11 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good!
calibra-keith

27th Dec 11 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by N7 THD
looking good!

cheers

tried to get 2 better pictures during the day as a few people could not see the others on there screen, for some reason my phone doesn't like red keeps looking orange :tard:

calibra-keith

11th Jan 12 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couple of pictures of the fibreglass doors hanging for people to see, and small load plate for hinges

hope this helps
Jed D

11th Jan 12 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a mates just been and got some of these fibreglass doors and fuck me are they light can hold them up with your baby finger easy
interesting build mate... i like it
calibra-keith

11th Jan 12 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
a mates just been and got some of these fibreglass doors and fuck me are they light can hold them up with your baby finger easy
interesting build mate... i like it

sure are, 5kg each, thats less than half the weight of a metal door with insides chopped out, i was down Lincolnshire last Sunday fitting a set to colins (novarally) hillclimb car
Jed D

11th Jan 12 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you on png? you mite of seen Gareth C's TB'd XE nova...? worth a deeks through his thread mate
calibra-keith

12th Jan 12 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
are you on png? you mite of seen Gareth C's TB'd XE nova...? worth a deeks through his thread mate

yes im on PNG, i have seen the thread a while ago, i will have another look, has he fitted his doors ?
calibra-keith

16th Jan 12 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing special, im planning on giving the inside a tidy up and primer soon and while having a tidy out getting rid of old tins of paint 2 of them sort of worked

red was any old cheap crap, blue was from an old calibra, quick test on cold day,

not sure what colour/s it will be going but i will be spraying it myself and with it been toy i dont really want to spend much money on fancy finishes ??????

also took the wheels off ready to buy some better ones so decided to slip them on the corsa

calibra-keith

22nd Jan 12 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

started sanding inside down, i was going to give a quick sand but i think most will be going back to bare metal, i kind of like the cage with no paint,

also did f/g boot and made a start on bonnet ready to get them and the doors in primer

looking a bit of mess at moment and loads to do
calibra-keith

27th Jan 12 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wasn't planning this but an offer i couldn't refuse got to work stripping interior out of corsa for few bits to replace

Cage (just rear part) needs painting

corbeau GT seats with frames, sparco harnesses

tempted to do a little something with it
calibra-keith

28th Jan 12 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cage and seats in, need some plates for legs and il weld it in, then see if i can find front section of a cage at some point

JaffaTB

28th Jan 12 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks well mate
calibra-keith

23rd Mar 12 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

decided to have a tinker with direct to box gear linkage set-up for the nova that came with the car (removed it because it was stuck solid)

after stripping it down and clean up

after opening it up the bar had slipped round inside i think something is missing attaching the bar, i forgot to take a picture but does anyone have a picture of inside theres to give me an idea ?

also took engine out of corsa ready for c20xe conversion

a little bit of surface rust to clean up but solid
calibra-keith

25th Mar 12 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

managed to get a few little bits done today, clutch cable, had to use another throttle cable to R1 carbs and cut it shorter so i now have 2 working pedals lol

tacked the gear linkage in and abit of cutting

before

after

i will clean everything up once every things sorted, also took picture of iinside the gear lever/linkage,

i have been trying to find out some info is it just me or is there something missing ? ford type 9 ?

backward and forward movements ok-ish but must be something missing for side to side to twist the bar ?
calibra-keith

28th Mar 12 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not long got back with c20xe for corsa, with mounts, shafts, powercap ect ect

might get started on it tomorrow or at weekend

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Wide-Arched F/G Paneled Track Nova 23 database queries in 0.0219080 seconds