corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » accident at work

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author accident at work
Cosmo

User status: Offline
3rd Oct 09 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wont all be in one lump sum though will it?

Their insurance company will be paying out on it anyway, so wont really harm the company either way.
Paul_J

3rd Oct 09 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm, must do it on your current / predicted amount of money you'd earn a year? (what money were you on?)

I don't think I could live on 15k a year for the rest of my life.

1 million may sound like a lot, but once you have a house, that's half of that gone...

Hopefully you'll be able to work again in the future, even if it's just something low paid to spend on food etc... Or is it part of the deal that you won't be allowed to work again?

Retrain as someone who can sit behind a computer (your injuries shouldn't affect that should they?) - and then you can get a good paid job and have your life on track with the money you get
dangsi

3rd Oct 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Hmm, must do it on your current / predicted amount of money you'd earn a year? (what money were you on?)

I don't think I could live on 15k a year for the rest of my life.

1 million may sound like a lot, but once you have a house, that's half of that gone...

Hopefully you'll be able to work again in the future, even if it's just something low paid to spend on food etc... Or is it part of the deal that you won't be allowed to work again?

Retrain as someone who can sit behind a computer (your injuries shouldn't affect that should they?) - and then you can get a good paid job and have your life on track with the money you get

they said that after bout 5 years i mite be able to retrain in to a job but will be office low stress and only max 2 days a week part time

yea sounds like alot but if you work ous say u earn 15000 a year for 50 years it really aint much money
Colin

3rd Oct 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

If you start living like the pools have come in then it would, 150k would get you a decent house in most places!!
Cosmo

3rd Oct 09 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll be taxed on it too wont you?

Suppose you'll also get some sort of incapacity benefit from the Govt. to cover that + more too.
dangsi

3rd Oct 09 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont need a house yet moved in with my gf 10 months ago

and they money will be helpfull but if i cant drive or work then whats the point of the money tho ??
Paul_J

3rd Oct 09 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
quote:

If you start living like the pools have come in then it would, 150k would get you a decent house in most places!!

not down here. His location says 'Berkshire'.

£200-£300k for a pretty small place. 400-500k for a standard family house. 700+ for anywhere decent.

[Edited on 03-10-2009 by Paul_J]
Colin

Best of luck by the way, sounds like an awful predicament to be in.

I would go through with the day in court as well, milk them for as much as you can get, after all the brain isa fragile thing and you really dont know the extent of your injuries yet.

Million would easy set you up if you use it wisely.
Cosmo

quote:
Originally posted by dangsi
and they money will be helpfull but if i cant drive or work then whats the point of the money tho ??

you might need food, pay for other bills, that sort of thing...
Paul_J

3rd Oct 09 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

million would be ideal, if you could eventually carry on working behind a computer.

Get a job as a software developer and get a fairly nice wage, and use the million to set yourself up - house / car

Go travelling in a few years etc.

Surely if the black outs eventually stop, then you'll be able to drive again? The black outs are surely part of the brain swelling and causing it - this i'd imagine would get better with time and thus not cause them.
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Oct 09 at 16:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

15k is round about nation minimum wage isnt it, at average hours per week?

Is that what you was earning?

I'm sorry but that is dog shit pal, no way could you live on 15k a year althrough your life. I'd be fighting that aswell, I know money might not mean a lot as you said and I agree that it would be better to be 100% back to normal but considering how you're feeling at the moment it doesn't look good, do as Davey said tbh and fight for more money.

[Edited on 03-10-2009 by DannyB]
dangsi

3rd Oct 09 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

£200-£300k for a pretty small place. 400-500k for a standard family house. 700+ for anywhere decent.

yea hes rite where i live u be lucky to get a 1 bed house for 250k -300k

4 bed avarge house is 400k - 500k and

big house 700k there one just up road from me up for 2.7 mill lol
Colin

3rd Oct 09 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Strange, theres 628 properties listed under 'Berkshire' & 'house' on rightmove just now between 100-200k

[Edited on 03-10-2009 by Colin]
dangsi

3rd Oct 09 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Strange, theres 628 properties listed under 'Berkshire' & 'house' on rightmove just now between 100-200k

[Edited on 03-10-2009 by Colin]

yea you can get them cheaper but 1 bed and in a rough area aswell
Colin

3rd Oct 09 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2-3 bed detached, look very decent at that.........Theres houses up & down the country on a sliding scale tbh.

Anyway not to drift off topic too much, good luck with the claim but more so I hope you can get back to normal as soon as possible!
dangsi

3rd Oct 09 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers pal i hope i get back to normal aswell
il keep you in touch and let you no what happens
dangsi

3rd Oct 09 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB

I'm sorry but that is dog shit pal, no way could you live on 15k a year althrough your life. I'd be fighting that aswell, I know money might not mean a lot as you said and I agree that it would be better to be 100% back to normal but considering how you're feeling at the moment it doesn't look good, do as Davey said tbh and fight for more money.

na i was on 22k as trainee manager
Ben-B

3rd Oct 09 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
the crash must have ruined your spelling too mate?

was there really any need for that mate? i understand your point but in a thread like this?

quick the next bandwagons about to leave the station go jump on that one.
lozarus

3rd Oct 09 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hope you get better/ can manage

but i think 15k per year is an utter piss take especially as you were on 22k training!! should be bare minimum 22k per year if not more as i suspect the pay would go up to like 30k once qualified?

utter piss take fight it.
BarnshaW

3rd Oct 09 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Br.ANDO
quote:

was there really any need for that mate? i understand your point but in a thread like this?

quick the next bandwagons about to leave the station go jump on that one.

aww, chin up, i know dan in real life. He knows i am only joking.
StuartVRS

3rd Oct 09 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck accepting 15k a year. Given what you have gone through and will continue to go through, thats a disgraceful offer. Take them for every penny, thats what the solicitiors are there for, to give you the best advice. If he says fight it, he knows he will get you more than that. Demand a minimum 25k given the situation work wise you were in and a lump sum up front.

edited to say i hope things get better for you too.

[Edited on 03-10-2009 by StuartVRS]
jacko198

3rd Oct 09 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dangsi
quote:
Originally posted by DannyB

na i was on 22k as trainee manager

Well if you were on 22k as a trainee manager, then surely when you were qualified as a manager, it would have gone up, but you didnt have the chance to because of the accident, so they should be paying you the rate at which you would have been paid as a manager surely!
neil h

3rd Oct 09 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Thats a bit out of order tbh.

And assuming you get the money in a lump sum, stick it into a decent acount and you should happily be able to live off the interest. Even if you buy a house or a few nice toys. But thats besides the point, good luck with ya recovery and hope everything gets back to normal.
Corsa_Sport21

3rd Oct 09 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to hear about your accident bud.

But,how long will it take for you to receive the lump sum/payment??Did i read somewhere in the thread that its been 18month so far since the accident??
My friends been in the same situation(although not as serious).His arm was crushed in a pastry brake(in a bakery).He had to wait 4 years till it was finally settled.Got some very low offers but his soliciter said to fight it and he will get more as his arm is pretty much fuked.Its useable but he cant straighten 3 of his fingers and his forearm looks like hes got a big fuk off shark bite out of it.
So if you decide to fight it,make sure it wont go on for years before you see any money.

Oh and he eventually got £85k which didnt last long at all.

[Edited on 03-10-2009 by Corsa_Sport21]
am4nf

3rd Oct 09 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hope you get better and more than 15k, it should at least equal what you were earning, they cant possibly offer you any less, really you should be getting what you were aiming to earn once trained, the company has potentially ruined your life take them to the cleaners

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » accident at work 22 database queries in 0.0151172 seconds