corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Chrome heater knobs

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Chrome heater knobs
cobra148

User status: Offline
26th Feb 03 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£1.50!!! Wheres that from? I want a new bank of switches for behind my heater controls, Vauxhall want £50 for it, can I assume you can get one for a fiver?

I have no part in the chroming, they come to me exactly as they are, in fact I get them from Europe because as far as I know, there is no one here that is able or willing to chrome plate plastic. If it was down to me, I would be searching out all the breakers for as many knobs as I could find, rubbing them down with a bit of wet and dry, chroming and selling them for a vast profit.
Kris TD

26th Feb 03 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cobra148
To buy the standard knobs on there own is £16. Like I say, I'm only going to do them if enough interest, if not then fair enough, no one has to buy them.

i dunno where u get yours from but i got a replacement and it cost 80p from vauxhall.
ainsley_brader

26th Feb 03 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you two argue over the price of everything?
Do you go into a supermarket and go £2 for a sandwhich
Hell you could have a full bread loaf for 29p.

The price is £32 if you can get some/ make some for less then do so im sure you will sell loads. I was trying to find someone to chrome plate some exterior plastic parts and I couldnt find anyone in the UK that did plastic.
I ended up getting a quote off a company that they use where my father works in Germany and the cost was stupid.

Ainsley

[Edited on Wednesday 26th February 2003 by ainsley_brader]
viera

26th Feb 03 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well said Ains,

I understand some people rip us off and people do need to step in to the posts and stop it happening, but i think if you havn't found it anywhere cheaper, how do you know how much they are woth, if you can't prove they are cheaper anywhere else, why bother.

Like Ains said, if you don't like the price, don't buy it.

Sorry to but in.
Makarus

26th Feb 03 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everybody is out to save a bit of money on something just as much as everyone is out to make a little bit of money. Quite moaning about it, when someone comes on here and says "I have some wheels for sale, blah blah blah, I want £300"......everyone is out to say "I'll give ya £250" or some such for em. Its the way sales work, I dont go into a supermarket and complain about the prices because that aint how it works, yet on here it works differently.

Its the way things work, I try and bring the price down on this because I know I can get each heater nob for £1.50 each, thats from a scrappies.........they take em off of all the cars. So I was saying that the price could be dropped.
Makarus

26th Feb 03 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Like Ains said, if you don't like the price, don't buy it.

I would like to buy it, if it were at the right price, you telling me you never tried to barter??
Kris TD

27th Feb 03 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im savin cobra bout 14 quid, whats your problem. i dont want any ive painted mine anyway, isnt part of this so we dont get ripped off, not that im sayin he is rippin us off but he is gettin ripped off by wherever he gets the standard knobs from.
Makarus

27th Feb 03 at 01:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They seem to be unable to grasp the concept that people dont want to be ripped off.

I know how much the actual nobs cost, and seen as Cobra thinks they cost more then if he could get them cheaper then more people would be interested so more would buy making more money.

Dont wanna be screwed by people saying they are £16 or whatever when they are £1.50 each from where I know.
viera

27th Feb 03 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But what SOME people arn't getting is that Cobra isn't getting these nobs as standard, they are coming to him already chromed and the question is can you get the already chromed ones any cheaper, not the standard ones.

If he could do the work himself and sell them cheaper, don't you think he would to save all this hassle.

[Edited on 27-02-2003 by viera]
Sporty

27th Feb 03 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u sent
Kris TD

27th Feb 03 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jeffory archer
cobra148

27th Feb 03 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I knew it was going to cause all this aggro I wouldn't have bothered.

I have located a source of these chromed knobs in Europe, I play no part in the manufacture or cost. I've only posted them on here as I know some people might be interested in them and are unable to locate them anywhere else. The price is £32 delivered or £30 collected, if people are happy with that they will pay it, if not then they won't, simple as that.

For the very small ammount I make on these myself its not even worth me doing it, and for all the abuse I seem to be getting I'm in the frame of mind of saying fcuk it and not bothering! I've posted these to do some of you guys a favour and at least try and get quid back on top of my own personal outlay.

The price I quoted for knobs was given to me by Pinnacle Vauxhall dealers, Dunstable Rd, Luton. If it was as simple as locating them from a breakers and getting them chromed, don't you think I would do that?

Thanks to the guys that have backed me up, I appreciate it, but its the others that come in with snide comments that really piss me off. Everytime I post something for sale theres always someone ready to have a go. I've got some other chromed items in the pipeline but how I'm feeling right now I don't think I'll bother.
leecorsa18

27th Feb 03 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cobra keep up the good work mate just let it pass buy dont even bother wit them hows it going any way u got them on order yet mate

[Edited on 27-02-2003 by litchfield]
CRB 553

27th Feb 03 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh nice one mate...
jc-sxi

27th Feb 03 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cobra wen i get sum cash v interested. Oh yeah big respect for spraying instructions!!! all finished now, jus done the middle console and blue LED's. Lookin good

the rest r a bunch of wankers moaning over a few quid
cobra148

27th Feb 03 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys
jc-sxi

27th Feb 03 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Makarus
They seem to be unable to grasp the concept that people dont want to be ripped off.

I know how much the actual nobs cost, and seen as Cobra thinks they cost more then if he could get them cheaper then more people would be interested so more would buy making more money.

Dont wanna be screwed by people saying they are £16 or whatever when they are £1.50 each from where I know.

well u don't have 2 buy the m from this guy
Kris TD

27th Feb 03 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry mate, when i read the first few posts thought u were doin it yourself. no worries.
Foz

27th Feb 03 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a knob for sale, girls only!
jc-sxi

27th Feb 03 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats limiting ur market on here however there's a few homo'son here
Sam
Premium Member

28th Feb 03 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cobra - You will get a better response off sites like MIG, don't bother trying to sell something on here unless you want some old women whinging about the price or timewasters that let you down at the last minute! I spend most of my time on MIG now, much better than Corsa Sport IMHO.

BTW, are you able to source some heater knobs for a mk3 Astra mate?

Cheers
cobra148

28th Feb 03 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sam, I can get them for the Astra G, I think that is the newer shape one but not sure. They look like this...
Sam
Premium Member

28th Feb 03 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah they won't be suitable for my mk3 (mk3 Astra = Astra F, mk4 Astra = Astra G)... bummer
cobra148

4th Mar 03 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've ordered these now, can anyone that definately wants a set please u2u me. I'll put all the names on my list and contact each of you in turn. Thanks.
viera

7th Mar 03 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had mine delivered from Cobra.

I am well happy with them, nice quality.

Cheers Rob.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Chrome heater knobs 22 database queries in 0.0126169 seconds