corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 3 points 60 quid fine phone related

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 3 points 60 quid fine phone related
Olsrey

User status: Offline
6th Mar 09 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rybo8655
bummer...theyre a bunch of t#### in kendal though-proper power mad over the daftest things
Generally thats any of them in Cumbria. Only thing I don't miss about Cumbria!!!!
EarlofBarnet

6th Mar 09 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bad luck lad. At least it was only a drink test you got, ha ha.
bubble

6th Mar 09 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
yeah its a fine and points. all i did was pick it up off dashboard glanced at it and threw it in my pocket. im 100% in the wrong, but i still think its a bit harsh. i wasnt making a call or texting anyone. spotted by a traffic unmarked car in kendal.

feel like a right bad lad today. reckon id get away with rape, robbery and murder though.

they 1000000000000% cannot prosecute, as the law states the mobile has to be used. at the very most they could attempt a prosecution for due care and attention, however proving that is difficult.

you can tell the police that you have requested a copy of call logs, and they confirm that it wasnt used. call their bluff.
Danny P

6th Mar 09 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
quote:
yeah its a fine and points. all i did was pick it up off dashboard glanced at it and threw it in my pocket. im 100% in the wrong, but i still think its a bit harsh. i wasnt making a call or texting anyone. spotted by a traffic unmarked car in kendal.

feel like a right bad lad today. reckon id get away with rape, robbery and murder though.

they 1000000000000% cannot prosecute, as the law states the mobile has to be used. at the very most they could attempt a prosecution for due care and attention, however proving that is difficult.

you can tell the police that you have requested a copy of call logs, and they confirm that it wasnt used. call their bluff.
I'd beg to differ.

Law states "using a mobile phone" not "speaking" on a mobile phone.

See here:

http://www.muckle-llp.com/N2293/Case-law-using-a-mobile-phone-while-driving.html

quote:

The driver argued that he was simply switching off the alarm on the phone, and was therefore not 'using' the phone.

The judge ruled that it was immaterial what the driver was doing, as any use of the phone would amount to 'using' a hand-held phone.

Worth a shot I agree, and the Police would probs drop the charges due to not being arsed to follow it through, just because you not making a call doesn't mean you cant be prosecuted for it.
bubble

6th Mar 09 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he would get away with it. id argue that the phone was rolling around the dash, and causing more of a distraction than removing the phone actually would. open and shut case imo
Danny P

6th Mar 09 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not saying he wouldn't get away with it, it would depend on the Magistrates on the day.

I'm just pointing out that saying they 1000000000000% cannot prosecute is wrong.
Nic Barnes

6th Mar 09 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant afford to take the chance though scott the bubble. 3 points aint going to make shit all difference to my insurance. only issues is say i get another 9 points. bye bye job etc.

its wrong for so many reasons. i still think talking to a passenger is more dangerous than talking on a phone as your more likely to look at them etc. but hey, im the dangerous one i guess in the eyes of the law.
CorsaSport14

6th Mar 09 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Appeal mate, definately! thats so stupid, if it was an apple they wouldnt prosecute you for picking up an apple lol
Nic Barnes

6th Mar 09 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaSport14
Appeal mate, definately! thats so stupid, if it was an apple they wouldnt prosecute you for picking up an apple lol

actually has happened before in the past. people been fined and given points for eating while driving etc. ive read about it in the sun.
Graham88

6th Mar 09 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ive read about it in the sun.

M2RTY

7th Mar 09 at 07:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is,

you can use a phone to write a text, not send it, but you ARE using the phone but as you did not send it there will be no record

so you could be technically done even if there was a long list from your provider that nothing was sent/recieved at the time you were caught
pow
Premium Member

7th Mar 09 at 09:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are in the wrong, but thats well off key
richc

7th Mar 09 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i cant afford to take the chance though scott the bubble. 3 points aint going to make shit all difference to my insurance. only issues is say i get another 9 points. bye bye job etc.

its wrong for so many reasons. i still think talking to a passenger is more dangerous than talking on a phone as your more likely to look at them etc. but hey, im the dangerous one i guess in the eyes of the law.

Imagine everywhere you went you couldnt speak to them!
stan_the_man

7th Mar 09 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you break down the wording used in this law, id would say that 'using' a mobile phone would be actually performing functions on the handset and using it for its intended purposes. You werent 'using' the phone. You were handling it. Same as any inanimate object (packet of fags, cd etc etc)

Worth contesting and i reckon they need to change the wording on the law of it.
mattk

7th Mar 09 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the rule isnt about using the phone its acually touching it

if you have a bluetooth headset thingy in your ear, the fone rings and you have the fone in a cradle on the dash, if you touch the answer key insted of pressing the button on the headset they can do you.

Coppers are tossers but lake district coppers are the worst! everytime I go there they are allways out on the M6 with their camera vans
Nic Barnes

7th Mar 09 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i know the law is worded oddly and basically the police force can do anything they want to prosecute a motorist as its the most serious of crimes in the world.

in other news, whats the deal with the fella playing for conventry wearing a face mask? how bizare.
sand-eel

7th Mar 09 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

were you in the corsa or the vectra?
Nic Barnes

7th Mar 09 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

works van
mattk

Im betting he was in the works transit?
stubbsy05

I still drive whilst on the phone occasionly. Fuck the law

[Edited on 07-03-2009 by stubbsy05]
mattk

sand-eel

7th Mar 09 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
works van

I was just thinking if you were in the corsa "oh boy racer blah blah"
Deadude

7th Mar 09 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your arnt aloud to touch a phone while driving why can you smoke the law really does amaze me sometimes...
Nic Barnes

7th Mar 09 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Deadude
if your arnt aloud to touch a phone while driving why can you smoke the law really does amaze me sometimes...

im not 100% you couldnt get done for smoking. depends i guess. i smoke and drive all the time.
sand-eel

7th Mar 09 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't actually smoke and drive now legally.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 3 points 60 quid fine phone related 22 database queries in 0.0126631 seconds