corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just drove a Golf GT TDi....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just drove a Golf GT TDi....
Kris TD

User status: Offline
27th Nov 04 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1. there is several people on teh audi forums who have got 195 bhp from their tdi 130 from a revo remap.
2. the european and south american cars use a bigger intake as the weather is warmer, im sure JR could look this up on his computer at work.
3. Remap, Exhaust, oldman intake, panel filter turbo from the pd 150 or 160 will see you well over 200 bhp
4. you may aswell use the tdi 130 over the 150 as it is well proven from a remap there is bugger all difference in teh end result, so why spend more on teh 150 in the first place.
SetH

27th Nov 04 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how did my ibiza come into this conversation?

im not comparing it with these desiel cars, i just appreciate how a sudden delivery of peak torque can make a car feel very quick, when in essence its not really that fast. Although its strength will be 50-70. 0-60 and 1/4 mile will still be shite.
vibrio
Banned

27th Nov 04 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kris TD
1. there is several people on teh audi forums who have got 195 bhp from their tdi 130 from a revo remap.

well the audi engine must be different from teh VW and Seat one then

2. the european and south american cars use a bigger intake as the weather is warmer, im sure JR could look this up on his computer at work.

160 seat has a different inlet to that of the 130 wither this makes a difference I do not know

3. Remap, Exhaust, oldman intake, panel filter turbo from the pd 150 or 160 will see you well over 200 bhp

150 remap will let you see 190hp a exhaust and panel filter will not increase that significantly to make well over 200hp

4. you may aswell use the tdi 130 over the 150 as it is well proven from a remap there is bugger all difference in teh end result, so why spend more on teh 150 in the first place.

TDi 130 has smaller turbo and intercooler

jr

27th Nov 04 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it true that the intake system is diffrent on the south american cars becasue of the climate differnces, the same can be said the even colder climates have a small inatake
Colin

27th Nov 04 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id like a GT TDi 150 next once ive had my fun with the scooby....maybe late on next year
Marc

27th Nov 04 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the Fabia vRS Kolin
Colin

27th Nov 04 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prefer a Black 3Dr Golf IMO with a nice set of alloys

jr

wait for the mk5 tdi, later next year, rumored to have 170bhp
Marc

i test drove the vRS, its brilliant.
Colin

27th Nov 04 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
wait for the mk5 tdi, later next year, rumored to have 170bhp

Wouldnt buy a new car, I drive a Mk4 facelift everyday and there starting to grow on me
Marc

27th Nov 04 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id see a doctor about that
jr

27th Nov 04 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not bad IMO ,mk5 is much nicer to drive though
Colin

27th Nov 04 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Id see a doctor about that

I like the fact that I can drive around Edinburgh City Center all day and the fuel gadge hardly moves, if I was in my impreza id need to have filled up about twice

Also the GTi's look good in Black and that Blue colour with Big wheels
matt_aka_smiler

7th Jan 06 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt know them skoda things where diesels there pretty rapid as 1 idiot decided race me through town in 1 couple of weeks back. i was driving a sport 1.6 n like i say they were pretty even matched
rustyarchs

7th Jan 06 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my old mans got the 150 version,has a piggy back chip on it and it out 303ppft and 201 bhp on a RR this is from a car that is is totally standard except for the chip!,,its a car that is bloody quick but even though it has a 6 speed box it feels as though it needs another gear,,needs to shift up far to fast!! handles well for a diesel and gets amazing fuel economy for the speed the thing does

was kinda embarassing comparing RR prints outs as his destroyed my ftos

only thing is its now done just over 50 thou and he reckons the clutch is on its way out,,

before that he had the 130 and it was running 170 sadly was a bitch of a car to drive said it had nothing in lower revs then kicked you like a mule,,also had a 5 speed box so def needed more gears!

hes now looking at the jag diesel
rustyarchs

7th Jan 06 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
how did my ibiza come into this conversation?

im not comparing it with these desiel cars, i just appreciate how a sudden delivery of peak torque can make a car feel very quick, when in essence its not really that fast. Although its strength will be 50-70. 0-60 and 1/4 mile will still be shite.

this is why the fto feels slow and the teg type r feels fast even tho there evenly matched
Paul H

7th Jan 06 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who dragged the old post up then
mk4_astra

7th Jan 06 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i had to get a 'performance diesel' car it would be the bmw 330d, quite abit quicker than the golf gtdi 150 but as some people have already said TD cars feel quicker than they really are
ajscorsa

7th Jan 06 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea my 306 tdi feels as though your really chargin on but in reality im barely moving lol
Steve
Premium Member

7th Jan 06 at 16:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah as said the delivery of torque makes you think its quick, only quick between 2k revs
TNM

7th Jan 06 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by matt_aka_smiler
didnt know them skoda things where diesels there pretty rapid as 1 idiot decided race me through town in 1 couple of weeks back. i was driving a sport 1.6 n like i say they were pretty even matched

Something tells me he wasnt trying!

Its as quick as a cooper S.
AndyW

7th Jan 06 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my godfatehr has the 150 version... i love it put it 6th n cruise at 30 n the clock shows 112MPG

then drop it to second n it storms off... i want one next
whitter45

8th Jan 06 at 07:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 150 Diesels are quick like some people have siad
A lad at our office has one chipped to 185 BHP but the rev range is not big enough thus makes hard work of moving quickly in them

Grante dit is quick but like people have siad it feels quicker than what it is

He can't keep up with my car but granted they are quick and the MPG is the biggest bonus
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Jan 06 at 07:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im loving my TDi 130 at the moment, and I know what people mean about torque making it feel quicker, however looking down at the clocks, it does get to 60 quickly (wouldnt mind having it timed at some point as it feels a hell of a lot quicker than the published 9.something seconds)

Best thing about them tho is that you can drive them to their capability, and not go anywhere near the redline - making me feel like im actually looking after the car, and not ragging it anywhere

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
whitter45

8th Jan 06 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say the 150 diesels are 8.5 secs to 60 thats what they are booked at

When driving my mate I found it very hard to drive it normaly

It was either dog slow if very gentle on throttle or too much changing gear if driven hard no in between

I don't have to redline may car - in fact after 5k there is not much point on my engine

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just drove a Golf GT TDi.... 23 database queries in 0.0165060 seconds